a new term "conservanerd"

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
On a very odd note...
"Sarah Palin called the Obama Administration’s actions as the “Road to Ruin”!...We are on the “Road to Ruin”, and we are stopping on the side of that road to protest the downfall of our country!" LINK

Mr Big should suit her for misuse of song lyrics...

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to say thank you Bill Mattocks. As Dennis Prager says, he prefers Clarity to agreement when he cannot agree with the other person. You have clarified the position of the Intellectual conservatives quite well, especially how they feel about the regular peope who make up the Tea party. Thank you. Now, the tea pary will take the fight to the democrats and actually try to stop the tax increases, the out of control spending and all the other damage the beltway republicans and democrats are doing to the country. Thanks.

xxoxxoo

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes, the Tea party are idiots, just ask all the democrats who were kicked out of office in the last election. I'm sure they would agree with you Bill Mattocks. Of course winning elections just isn't as satisfying as debating the finer points of logic and reason with democrats as they implement their tax increases and spending increases, and cut the military, and apologize to our enemies. I see what you mean. Those Tea Partiers are real idiots.

There's my point. You don't have to be intelligent to win an election; you only have to get people to vote for you. If you can manufacture outrage, you can do that. The Tea Party did that quite effectively. Doesn't make them intelligent, doesn't make their agenda smart.

If it did, then the Democrats who previously swept the 'permanent majority' of Republicans from office before the Tea Party existed would also have been geniuses. They weren't.

Your reply did a lot to strengthen my argument.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have to say thank you Bill Mattocks. As Dennis Prager says, he prefers Clarity to agreement when he cannot agree with the other person. You have clarified the position of the Intellectual conservatives quite well, especially how they feel about the regular peope who make up the Tea party. Thank you. Now, the tea pary will take the fight to the democrats and actually try to stop the tax increases, the out of control spending and all the other damage the beltway republicans and democrats are doing to the country. Thanks.

xxoxxoo

Just because the Tea Party holds some of the same goals I do, does not mean I march alongside of them. They're out-of-control morons, responding in lockstep to various puppet masters, and I despise them.

And likewise, just because I despise them, does not mean that I am against the things they are for.

What it does mean is that I am glad when they obtain objectives that I believe are worthwhile and benefit us all, but I do not stop being scared of their overall level of idiocy in terms of their rank-and-file. They're dumb as posts, just like most union members, and just as dangerous.

I agree with many of the things the Tea Party is for, but I continue to think for myself and reserve the right to do so. That makes me an enemy of the Tea Party, and the feeling is mutual. I feel they're dangerous morons who are not that far from carrying pitchforks and torches if they were so ordered by their masters, and I'm not having any. Mobs are scary things; the Tea Party is a mob just like MoveOn.org and the SIEU, IMHO. The fact that they hold some of the same values I do does not make me like them.

Ramirez

Black Belt
Reaction score
Please, Bill mattocks, continue. You are winning friends and influencing people at break neck speed.

Are you kidding, Bill Mattocks posts in this thread have been great, the anti-idiot one was a classic, I'll be using that one.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I was listening to Hugh Hewitt on my way to class tonight and he was Talking to congressman Pence. Pence believes that we as conservatives need to pick a fight and stand our ground, on spending, tax cuts, defunding planned parenthood and Npr and so on.
It made me think of a line that Hugh Hewitt uses quite often when he refers to President Lincoln asking General Grant what his plans for the war were. Grant replied that he was going to fight on this line (wherever that actually was) all summer.

The republican party needs a lot fewer McCllelan's Bill Mattocks and a lot more General Grants. You know, the general who wanted to actually fight the enemy instead of dancing around him.

(It was interesting as well because not 2 minutes later Hugh Hewitt mentioned McCllelan as well.)

Quote:

RedStar.gif
Robert E. Lee, Commander of the Army of Northern Virginia.
"Grant is not a retreating man. Gentlemen, the Army of the Potomac has a head."

People didn't think much of Grant either:

RedStar.gif
Alexander Stephens, Vice President of the Confederacy, upon meeting Grant near the end of the war.
"We all form our preconceived ideas of men of whome we have heard a great deal, and I had certain definite notions as to the appearance and character of General Grant, but I was never so completely surprised in all my life as when I met him and found him a different person, so entirely different from my idea of him. His spare figure, simple manners, lack of all ostentation, extreme politeness, and charm of conversation were a revelation to me, for I had pictured him as a man of a directly opposite type of character, and expected to find in him only the bluntness of a soldier. Notwithstanding the fact that he talks so well, it is plain he has more brains than tongue. He is one of the most remarkable men I have ever met. He does not seem to be aware of his powers."

From me: Grant probably was an early member of the Tea Party (at least when it came to engaging an enemy in battle)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I was listening to Hugh Hewitt on my way to class tonight and he was Talking to congressman Pence. Pence believes that we as conservatives need to pick a fight and stand our ground, on spending, tax cuts, defunding planned parenthood and Npr and so on.
It made me think of a line that Hugh Hewitt uses quite often when he refers to President Lincoln asking General Grant what his plans for the war were. Grant replied that he was going to fight on this line (wherever that actually was) all summer.

The republican party needs a lot fewer McCllelan's Bill Mattocks and a lot more General Grants. You know, the general who wanted to actually fight the enemy instead of dancing around him.

(It was interesting as well because not 2 minutes later Hugh Hewitt mentioned McCllelan as well.)

Quote:

RedStar.gif
Robert E. Lee, Commander of the Army of Northern Virginia.
"Grant is not a retreating man. Gentlemen, the Army of the Potomac has a head."

People didn't think much of Grant either:

RedStar.gif
Alexander Stephens, Vice President of the Confederacy, upon meeting Grant near the end of the war.
"We all form our preconceived ideas of men of whome we have heard a great deal, and I had certain definite notions as to the appearance and character of General Grant, but I was never so completely surprised in all my life as when I met him and found him a different person, so entirely different from my idea of him. His spare figure, simple manners, lack of all ostentation, extreme politeness, and charm of conversation were a revelation to me, for I had pictured him as a man of a directly opposite type of character, and expected to find in him only the bluntness of a soldier. Notwithstanding the fact that he talks so well, it is plain he has more brains than tongue. He is one of the most remarkable men I have ever met. He does not seem to be aware of his powers."

From me: Grant probably was an early member of the Tea Party (at least when it came to engaging an enemy in battle)

Ok, moment over...

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes, we need more Grants:

Quote:

RedStar.gif
Charles Dana, Special Commissioner attached to the War Department, sent from Washington to check on Grant during the Vicksburg campaign.
"Grant was an uncommon fellow, the most modest, the most disinterested, and the most honest man I ever knew, with a temper that nothing could disturb, and a judgement that was judicial in its comprehensivenss and wisdom. Not a great man, except morally, not an original or brilliant man, but sincere, thoughtful, deep, and gifted with courage that never faltered. Unaffected, unpretending hero, who no ill omens could deject and no triumph unduly exalt.."[SIZE=+0]

[/SIZE]

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Here is a column by Hugh Hewitt, another idiot tea party supporter: I just found this column.

http://townhall.com/columnists/hughhewitt/2011/03/16/the_mcclellan_republicans

From the article:

Perhaps now even Steelers fans will understand why I have taken to calling the House Republican the McClellan Republicans –always preparing to fight but never quite getting to the political battlefield that is the great spending debate.

Speaker John Boehner, GOP Leader Eric Cantor and GOP Whip Kevin McCarthy have been in their saddles since November 2, and even though their formal power only arrived in January, they have had more than four months to prepare the debate over the CR, the debt ceiling and the FY 2012 budget.

If they prepared at all they prepared poorly, concentrating on symbolic gestures and focusing on procedural niceties like “open rules” rather than closing with the Democrats and forcing the first of the many showdowns ahead on spending.

The Tea Party volunteers and the GOP activist base worked all through 2010 to provide the House GOP leadership with an army of freshmen, but now the Speaker refuses to use it. In early 1862 Lincoln remarked about his ever-preparing, never-moving general that "f General McClellan does not want to use the army, I would like to borrow it for a time.” This is where the Tea party patriots find themselves now, and not just them but millions of voters who see in Chris Christie, Scott Walker and John Kasich the model of political leadership they expected and who are pressing for the Speaker to get to the inevitable confrontation

Latest Discussions