A good read

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Very nice, that's the way TKD was then and I think it was OK, even now, maybe not so crude but hard training on basics, lots of respect for the sambonim and co-students, simple things that really works, that's the way I like about TKD.

Manny

SahBumNimRush

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Sounds very similar to the stories my KJN would tell after a few drinks.. . Albeit he is 10 years Cho's senior. I wish I could get more information from him, but he is still very much the poster child of the Korean Confucian Patriarch.

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
The read of this article start a flame inside me and last night teaching TKD at my sambonim's dojang the glass was about basic kicking to the kicking shileds, ap chagui, peet chagui, dolyo chagui and yop chagui, very simple but I arked students to focus on the tech more than speed because speed is second nature to tech and repetitions. The fact is I did the workout and the stretching and my kicks were high enough reaching head level was not as dificult.

Before the class was over I had a light chat with the students abot master CHO and the article I read and they got a nice pic of what was TKD in the 50's.

Manny

Latest Discussions