A Girl named 'Girl'?

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Stupid people give their kids stupid names. This isn't new, and will not change.
My sister had twin students in her kindergarten class, Shaquille and Shaquilla...
One of my cousins has daughters Kylie and Ariel. Another has daughters Taryn and Hailee, stupid people will also give their kids stupidly spelled names...
Stupid People will name their kids after celebrities, see George Washington Carver, John Wayne Gacy, etc.
Celebrity stupid people's kid's stupid names will be better known:
Scout Willis, Rumer Willis, Pilot Inspektor Lee, and holy crap, let us not forget Frank's kids, Moon Unit and Dweezil...
Then there is Rob Morrow's kid, Tu... the poor child...
The worst thing about stupid people is how vastly ya'll out number me. :p

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Stupid people give their kids stupid names. This isn't new, and will not change.
My sister had twin students in her kindergarten class, Shaquille and Shaquilla...
One of my cousins has daughters Kylie and Ariel. Another has daughters Taryn and Hailee, stupid people will also give their kids stupidly spelled names...
Stupid People will name their kids after celebrities, see George Washington Carver, John Wayne Gacy, etc.
Scout Willis, Rumer Willis, Pilot Inspektor Lee, and holy crap, let us not forget Frank's kids, Moon Unit and Dweezil...

y'all?

I have my kid Terminator Arni come to your house, along with his brother Jedi Knight and his sister Butterfly Angel!

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score

I've seen Dweezil in concert as Zappa Plays Zappa. He seems to be doing alright.

Many, many years ago I told Mr. Seaver, my algebra teacher in high school, that if he ever has children he should name his son Widery. I saw him again a few years ago and he reminded me of my suggestion from long before and then introduced me to his son, Matt. Phew! Glad he didn't take my suggestion! Speaking of the name Matt; I was on the wrestling team in high school and one of my opponents was Matt Burns. I thought that was hilarious.

On occasion I received negative commentary from fellow students about my unusual first name, Cheyney (pronounced Shaney). One day while a teacher was taking roll and said my name a fellow student disparagingly asked, "What the heck kind of name is 'Cheyney'?" My reply to Ron was, "I think it's a pretty cool name, Ronald." There was something in the way I said 'Ronald' that caused him to shut up about my name. I hope I wasn't too unfair. ;)

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
[h=1]Icelandic girl wins right to use her given name[/h]
A 15-year-old Icelandic girl has been granted the right to legally use the name given to her by her mother, despite the opposition of authorities and Iceland's strict law on names. Reykjavik District Court ruled Thursday that the name "Blaer" can be used. It means "light breeze."
The decision overturns an earlier rejection by Icelandic authorities who declared it was not a proper feminine name. Until now, Blaer Bjarkardottir had been identified simply as "Girl" in communications with officials.
http://news.yahoo.com/icelandic-girl-wins-her-given-name-112518070.html

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Icelandic people nearly always sort things out to suit everyone...well apart from bankers lol.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
weren't they in line behind Leaf Phoenix for the name change?

Frank Zappa once told a story on David Letterman after being asked about the names he said that Ahmet Emuukha Rodan decided at one point he wanted a different name and he chose Richard.... and later discovered the issues with Richard and sent back to Ahmet Emuukha Rodan

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Frank Zappa once told a story on David Letterman after being asked about the names he said that Ahmet Emuukha Rodan decided at one point he wanted a different name and he chose Richard.... and later discovered the issues with Richard and sent back to Ahmet Emuukha Rodan

I dread to ask what that could have been...maybe the short form of it? :lol:

grumpywolfman

Black Belt
Reaction score
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/...only-as-girl-battles-to-use-her-own-name?lite

Now somebody explain to me how it is less embarrassing to be legally named 'girl' for 14 years.....

I mean, we are not talking about another L-a with an unsilent dash....
(I am all for a bit of regulations, considering what some parents inflict on their children in that regard, but this seems silly!)

Now, this reminds of a song by Johnny Cash ... "A Boy Named Sue."

[video=youtube_share;IcQKtl3MGCE]http://youtu.be/IcQKtl3MGCE[/video]

Latest Discussions