A few questions about JJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So… leaving off the fact that even 10th Planet doesn't use the term "BJJ" to describe themselves (simply "10th Planet Jiujitsu"), are you saying that, having trained under Jean-Jaques Machado, Eddie Bravo doesn't have a connection, and 10th Planet doesn't have a heritage to BJJ? Really?

As I mentioned though the lineage is a pretty meh conversation to me. So if they want to call their stuff jjj or bjj or even 10th planet j I am fine with that. Proof is in the pudding.

There are sparkling whites that do champagne better.

So. In your opinion. What does a really real Chris Parker Japanese jujitsu class look like?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are sparkling whites that do champagne better.

They are sparkling white wines though not champagne. If the grapes aren't grown in the Champagne region of France then it's not nor ever will be champagne.
You may like a certain white wine better than a certain champagne but they are all very different to a knowledgeable palate, it's all about taste.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
They are sparkling white wines though not champagne. If the grapes aren't grown in the Champagne region of France then it's not nor ever will be champagne.
You may like a certain white wine better than a certain champagne but they are all very different to a knowledgeable palate, it's all about taste.

No it's all about linage. Can't call stuff sherry anymore either. Which is alcohol for homeless people. Have to call it apera

Which I am sure is a relief to those with a knowledgeable palette. And those sleeping on a pallet.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Proper Spanish Sherry is not cheap and is actually a very nice thing, the thing is when something is taken up by those from other countries who don't understand traditions, how to chose and taste it, it just turns into a mess. It's best left to those who appreciate what sherry actually is. All about Sherry: an amazing tasting, and why we should drink more of it

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I bought a sparkling wine once. It was a champagne, but they were trying to pass it off as a cava. The nerve!

And I thought the drink of choice on skid row (which is only correctly used if referring to Yesler Avenue in Seattle!) is mad dog 20/20. All other skid rows are counterfeit.

So, having enjoyed this entire thread, I've learned that Chris still thinks jujutsu is a Japanese word, tez thinks she's the only person in Europe who knows what an eggplant is, and drop bear likes wine, but doesn't know what to call it.

I haven't learned a thing about jujutsu, though.

Last edited:

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
@Steve

Going through this thread and disagreeing with several posts, I have to ask you, do you understand what sarcasm is? Do you know why we've been that way with the OP?

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
@Steve

Going through this thread and disagreeing with several posts, I have to ask you, do you understand what sarcasm is? Do you know why we've been that way with the OP?
I do know what sarcasm is. I also understand irony. For example, it is ironic that you missed the sarcasm in my previous post. :)

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Proper Spanish Sherry is not cheap and is actually a very nice thing, the thing is when something is taken up by those from other countries who don't understand traditions, how to chose and taste it, it just turns into a mess. It's best left to those who appreciate what sherry actually is. All about Sherry: an amazing tasting, and why we should drink more of it

And if people want to pay big money for Sherry they can go nuts with that.

Me i will keep it for cooking and getting black out drunk.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I bought a sparkling wine once. It was a champagne, but they were trying to pass it off as a cava. The nerve!

And I thought the drink of choice on skid row (which is only correctly used if referring to Yesler Avenue in Seattle!) is mad dog 20/20. All other skid rows are counterfeit.

So, having enjoyed this entire thread, I've learned that Chris still thinks jujutsu is a Japanese word, tez thinks she's the only person in Europe who knows what an eggplant is, and drop bear likes wine, but doesn't know what to call it.

I haven't learned a thing about jujutsu, though.

Jujitsu is kind of a cross between judo akido and karate.

I did it for five years.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Cheapskate. Try scrumpy cider, the farmhouse stuff with dead rats and goodness knows what in.

For fancy drinking we have the bundaberg rum. Which is made from the souls of a thousand angry rugby players. (and not even real rugby. I am talking about league)

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Like you missed the sarcasm in my judo and jujitsu are purely competition arts post?

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
:confused:i didn't miss it.

So you understood the sarcasm of me saying judo and jujitsu are only competitive sports, yet you disagreed with it.

Not trying to stir up an argument here, but are you saying they are purely competitive sports?

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
So you understood the sarcasm of me saying judo and jujitsu are only competitive sports, yet you disagreed with it.

Not trying to stir up an argument here, but are you saying they are purely competitive sports?
You saw some people picking on an easy target and thought you'd demonstrate how clever you are by joining in the fray. When I read it, I thought it was unnecessary and frankly, a little mean. Rather than type all the above out, I pushed the little button and moved on.

As someone who is clearly very sensitive when it comes to a meaningless rating on an anonymous web forum, maybe you should consider avoiding callously mocking others. I mean, I just pushed a "disagree" button and you can't let it go. It bothers you so much that I disagreed with your post, you have called me out three times on it.

I'm glad I didn't suggest you were 2nd place in the all time loser contest or anything. I expect you might have had a complete meltdown.

Looking back at the post, perhaps I should have pressed the "dislike" button and maybe the "disagree" button wasn't quite right. But ultimately, it is what it is. My intent wasn't to confuse you. If it will help you find some closure, I'd be happy to go back and change my rating from "disagree" to "dislike". Just let me know.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You saw some people picking on an easy target and thought you'd demonstrate how clever you are by joining in the fray. When I read it, I thought it was unnecessary and frankly, a little mean. Rather than type all the above out, I pushed the little button and moved on.

As someone who is clearly very sensitive when it comes to a meaningless rating on an anonymous web forum, maybe you should consider avoiding callously mocking others. I mean, I just pushed a "disagree" button and you can't let it go. It bothers you so much that I disagreed with your post, you have called me out three times on it.

I'm glad I didn't suggest you were 2nd place in the all time loser contest or anything. I expect you might have had a complete meltdown.

Looking back at the post, perhaps I should have pressed the "dislike" button and maybe the "disagree" button wasn't quite right. But ultimately, it is what it is. My intent wasn't to confuse you. If it will help you find some closure, I'd be happy to go back and change my rating from "disagree" to "dislike". Just let me know.

I'm really not butt-hurt at all. I was just genuinely confused. Didn't realize I had however many posts about it. I couldn't care less what anyone thinks.

Keep fighting the good fight, Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions