A different kind of question, photo critique requested

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Lady Pirates They Be

HO HO HO, Methinks ye been holdin' out on th' good Cap'n here. Don' make me sail back out t' port O'Buffalo t' haul yer carcas 'roun the keel o' me ship... or in this case, the bars o' me bike, matey...

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Have you thought about changing the angle of that last photo? It seems a little.... posed and stale. Something from off angle and from above or below might be interesting to see.

For example, if you position the camera over the left shoulder of the woman in the hat and had her a half step to the right with her head slightly turned to the left, you could get an upper body shot of close combat.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Cryo, series is being storyboarded for a late spring outdoors shoot. ;)

Don, you mean something similar to this, but a little more to the right?
normal_100_1276.jpg

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah, and arrange it so that you can see both model's faces. Might make for a good action shot.

Kwiter

Green Belt
Reaction score
Kwe Hello Bob, you can "fix" the spotty background a bit with Photoshop or the Open Source "GIMP" using gaussian blurs.

Skennen Peace.

splice42

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
What I'm curious about in the pirate picture is that the right-hand lady's knife seems to be making a very ineffective block. Is this intentional? Perhaps I am wrong, as I have not done any knife fighting, but it seems like an unlikely way to stop an attack against you.

Perhaps that's why to my eye the picture looks like it was staged? I don't see this occuring in a real fight, the knife would have just kept on going and wedged itself in the stomach of the opponent. And it seems to me that you wouldn't want to cross your arms to block like that (left arm blocking opponent's left arm, right blocking right).

Just a few thoughts from an iaidoka's perspective.