El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Iceman I have the book got it at half price books for $4.00, for that price it is a good book. One of the things I found interesting was on page 23 the part about meditation and his thoughts about it. On page 35-36 he also shows all the vital points of the human body front and back and gives a brief intro into them. On page 12-13 he explains how important it is to have a well run training hall and the benefits to having one. It is what it is a very nice book, but not one that I would spend alot of money on.

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have this book and I think it is a good one for the collection. Have you read his Taekwondo Ultimate Reference Guide? http://www.amazon.com/Tae-Kwon-Do-Ultimate-Reference/dp/0816038392/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b

Both books are similar, one focusing on color belt material, one on black belt. It has the forms spelled out move by move with pictures, and is a good version of that I think (of course like any similar book there are mistakes). The majority of both books are form pictures. I like the color belt one especially because it has good etiquette and terminology sections. It also has the old center ref hand signals for penalties, which was nice at the time! (I still like those better than the new way)

For YOU I wouldn't buy either one of these hoping to get a lot out of them, but I think they are both good books for your shelf, and I would recommended his color belt book to new students.

OP
IcemanSK

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have this book and I think it is a good one for the collection. Have you read his Taekwondo Ultimate Reference Guide? http://www.amazon.com/Tae-Kwon-Do-Ultimate-Reference/dp/0816038392/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b

Both books are similar, one focusing on color belt material, one on black belt. It has the forms spelled out move by move with pictures, and is a good version of that I think (of course like any similar book there are mistakes). The majority of both books are form pictures. I like the color belt one especially because it has good etiquette and terminology sections. It also has the old center ref hand signals for penalties, which was nice at the time! (I still like those better than the new way)

For YOU I wouldn't buy either one of these hoping to get a lot out of them, but I think they are both good books for your shelf, and I would recommended his color belt book to new students.

I appreciate both of your thoughts on these books. I was hoping that the books would have something as hints, reminders, ideas & the like for teaching. One of the reviews I'd read mentioned that they might be used for that.

What I'm hearing is, "they're not bad, if you can get them cheap. But don't go out of your way."

Thanks for your words both of you!:asian:

Latest Discussions