60 year old grandma earns 7th!

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
For Litvak, however, her career in martial arts has been a 20-year journey. A physical education teacher at Garfield High School for many years, she incorporated martial arts into her curriculum, starting the first high school karate program in the area.

I hate to be the nay-sayer, but 20 years seems a bit low to have a 7th dan. If one got a first dan, then lets say it took a few years to get to 2nd dan, then 3 years (at least) to test for 3rd dan, 4 more years to test for 4rth dan, and so on.
I am sure I am just nit-picking though. 27 years by my above reasoning is fairly close to 20 years and something should be said for her age. The only time that I really stand up on a soapbox and scream at strangers is when I see 15 and 16 year old 3rd degree black belts.
I guess I should bite my tongue....I would rather see an older person with a high dan rank than a younger person with one.

AoG

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
First, good for her

And now

I hope I am still kick'n it then! :)

hope you're still kcikin' THEN!!! :disgust: :uhyeah:

Since I am pushing 50 I can tell you be younger than me. And my Taiji Sifu is 70 and can throw me like a rag doll

Sheesh..kids today :D

. 27 years by my above reasoning is fairly close to 20 years and something should be said for her age.
AoG
:eye-popping:

Her AGE!!! :disgust: :uhyeah:

Again...SHEESH....kids today :D

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I hate to be the nay-sayer, but 20 years seems a bit low to have a 7th dan. If one got a first dan, then lets say it took a few years to get to 2nd dan, then 3 years (at least) to test for 3rd dan, 4 more years to test for 4rth dan, and so on.
I am sure I am just nit-picking though. 27 years by my above reasoning is fairly close to 20 years and something should be said for her age. The only time that I really stand up on a soapbox and scream at strangers is when I see 15 and 16 year old 3rd degree black belts.
I guess I should bite my tongue....I would rather see an older person with a high dan rank than a younger person with one.

AoG

The article stated it was two (2) to three (3) years per belt level.

I clicked the link for the video as well and could not get it to play. I would have liked to see how she moved. :)

BrandiJo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
She looks good in what shes doing, froma non-kenpo person. At 60 i hope im still moving that well.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
what can I say except congradulations to the lady mentionrd in the first post. Even if she is younger than me

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
First, good for her

And now

hope you're still kcikin' THEN!!! :disgust: :uhyeah:

Since I am pushing 50 I can tell you be younger than me. And my Taiji Sifu is 70 and can throw me like a rag doll

Sheesh..kids today :D

:eye-popping:

Her AGE!!! :disgust: :uhyeah:

Again...SHEESH....kids today :D

I turn 46 tomorrow... You tell 'em Xue!

Kids! Sheesh...

Kudos to her and her hard work.

And yours too Xue... and your sifu.

Latest Discussions