2008 Training Goals

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the new year coming up, I thought it would be interesting to hear the training goals that everyone has! Anything special that you want to focus more attention on? A new rank on the horizon and you're making changes in your workout to prepare for that?

Lets hear them folks! :)

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll go ahead and start. :)

One of my main goals is to devote more time to training. Many times I've intended to set aside a certain amount of time each day to train something, but more times than not, I don't do it. I'd like to devote time to cover SD as well as kata. Really looking at things a bit closer, making sure that all the fine points are covered.

I'd also like to add another class to my workout. With my work schedule, I can't train at night. There are some noon time classes, so I'd like to attend an extra one.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Combative Conditioning progress that is my goal! I am always in really good shape and strong for my size but I want to take it to the next level. A little shock treatment so to speak. A good friend of mine is a kettle bell trainer and judging by how it has changed and affected his physique that is the route I am going to go.(http://extremeathletictraining.com/default.aspx)
I am looking for explosiveness and power with the emphasis on explosiveness. (as that falls in well with my attributes) So expect some serious kettle bell working out from this guy!
icon6.gif

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Getting in more cross-training with a certain local FMAer...we keep letting our busy lives get in the way.

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I need to train on my groundwork more. I don't know why, but I've never enjoyed it. Maybe I just need to try out different instructors, but there aren't that many around here.

LawDog

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I normally train five days a week for many hours each day so for 2008 I will not be adding more time into or material to my training routine.
During 2008, using my knowledge and understanding of the martial arts, I will go back through all of the lower level kyu rank material. I will then work my way back up through all of the ranks again.
A new view of older basic material.

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I plan to work on refining what I know to use less energy to be effective in the techniques, and being able to teach it to others better. Also, get in better cardio shape.

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I plan on improving my physical fitness first and foremost. Im want to drop about 30 pounds before the summer and then just tone up. I want to do this mostly for my health and because of the problems Ive been getting out of my knee. Also this will help in my BJJ as well. It will help me to be more explosive.

I really dont have a rank goal, but Id like to be ready for blue w/green stripe by the end of the summer

B

Latest Discussions