5ring Jiu Jitsu...Technica Jiu Jitsu Portland

sasa

White Belt
Reaction score
Can anyone in the Portland area tell me what they know about Five ring Jiu Jitsu and Technica Jiu Jitsu based out of hillsboro??? any info is really appreciated.

OP
S

sasa

White Belt
Reaction score
The second one is also known as Gracie Technics Hillsboro anybody know anthing about it?

gtoregon

White Belt
Reaction score
Sorry kind of late. Jonn Nishiguchi teaches at Tecnica and I teach at GT Hillsboro. We are under Rylan Lizares and Pedro Sauer.

Nothing fancy, basic Gracie Jiu Jitsu. If you have any questions let me know!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Can anyone in the Portland area tell me what they know about Five ring Jiu Jitsu and Technica Jiu Jitsu based out of hillsboro??? any info is really appreciated.

I must of have missed this. I don't know the other, but Five Rings in Portland is legit. Tom Oberhue is a great guy and a great coach. My impression is that he has a particular passion for no-gi, but teaches, trains and competes in both. His teams, both adults and kids, are well trained and have good attitudes at all of the tournaments. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the school.

gtoregon

White Belt
Reaction score
We compete at all the tournaments too! Finished 4th at the last Oregon open.

We are a Pedro Sauer affiliated association.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
:) Didn't mean to imply anything. I just know Tom from what he does up here in the Seattle area. He drives up a group to compete and runs a couple of Submission League tournaments in the area each year.

Are you guys planning to come up for the Revolution tournament in February?

gtoregon

White Belt
Reaction score
Yup we'll be there. I think it's time I get back to comp and will enter as well. Kind of short time to train with it being a month away but I'm entering the masters division so hopefully won't be to crazy

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Yup we'll be there. I think it's time I get back to comp and will enter as well. Kind of short time to train with it being a month away but I'm entering the masters division so hopefully won't be to crazy

Good luck. We'll have several guys competing. I'll likely be helping ref or shepherding the rings.

Latest Discussions