30 years ago

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
September 17, 1991 I left Japanese and Korean martial arts and started Chinese Martial arts. Started with Taijiquan and went from there withe various CMA styles. But I have been doing Taijiquan for 30 years as of September 17, 2021
That's a long time.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Yes it is, I started when I was 5 :D

Yes it is, that also translates to I'm getting old...I will be 30 soon...... for the second time
As do we all. I was looking at my credit report a few days ago and I've got a few credit cards that I got when Bush 41 was President. :D

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
50 years ago - free style wrestling then SAMBO
40 years ago - Yoga
30 years ago - Tai Chi
20 years ago - Xing Yi Quan then long break
9 years ago - Dynanic Tension and Xing Yi Quan again.

49 years ago started martial arts with jiujitsu, not sure what the exact date was, but the 30 year one I'm happy about

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I started my first formal martial arts training at 11. It was a birthday gift, so, as of this past June, I've been training 50 years.😲

Didn't even notice!!😂😂

Went by quickly!😂🤣

49 years ago started martial arts with jiujitsu, not sure what the exact date was, but the 30 year one I'm happy about
Congratulations, Xue Sheng!

Last edited:

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look who's talking!😂

How ya doing, neighbor? We're only one state away from each other, now.....as opposed to in the same state all those years ago......
Doing well considering my age. :) For the record I first stepped into a dojo in 1967. I did start late in comparison but to date (54) years. Not sure I can count these later years but I do what I can do.....Because of the nature of Okinawan GoJu (all low kicks) and nothing fancy I might consider being buried in my Gi..........now thats OLD. :) Good talking to you, see you here and (FB) there. Take care my Friend.

Latest Discussions