21 Reasons To Hate The Airlines

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Most of the bitching about legroom, sodas, meals and any other fees overlook the fact that airlines are first and foremost businesses who have a fiduciary duty to make money for their shareholders.

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It also overlooks the fact that outraged consumers cast a vote every time they buy another ticket. "Don't fly" isn't always practical or even possible, but we do have other options.

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It also overlooks the fact that outraged consumers cast a vote every time they buy another ticket. "Don't fly" isn't always practical or even possible, but we do have other options.
Well I'm hoping that so-promised bullet train across country will happen and that it won't kill a person trying to afford it. That'd be the way to go.

Flea

MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well I'm hoping that so-promised bullet train across country will happen and that it won't kill a person trying to afford it. That'd be the way to go.

Speaking as one who came of the age on the shinkansen, nothing would make me happier. Especially now that I'm car-free. I'd be one of those geeks on the inaugural run just for kicks.

Scott T

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I would love to go to Europe aboard a freighter from Halifax rather than fly, but right now time really doesn't allow it. But once this current job is done -- and i stick with it until then -- in two years, I'll be taking a year off from work to enjoy life for a change and going there that way. Should be fun.

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Speaking as one who came of the age on the shinkansen, nothing would make me happier. Especially now that I'm car-free. I'd be one of those geeks on the inaugural run just for kicks.
Aye so would I ... buy you a drink on the train eh?

Flea

MT Mentor
Reaction score
Done! And we can split a big bento box in the lounge car. Maybe we could pass the time with a game of I Spy. Except everything would start with B for "blur" ... maybe we'll play something else.

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I wonder how long it would take from LA to NYC on the hypothetical bullet train? Anybody know about this?

Latest Discussions