2 attacker and 3 attacker

The Kidd

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Need some help fellow MA's, how would you set up a self defense against a 2 attacker situation and a 3 attacker situation in a demo set up?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Need some help fellow MA's, how would you set up a self defense against a 2 attacker situation and a 3 attacker situation in a demo set up?

Kid what type of attacks are coming and in what direction, are they using weapons. Do you already have the ideal or looking from the beginning

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
At our demo's we use two person attacks as more of bulling the other student. One usally grabs the child from behind and we have the defender go though his rear bar hug and then using the other child as a shield defend of the other attacker until help arrives from there teacher hopes that helps.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In Silat we just toss one attacker in to the others and take them all down at the same time. It's very efficient. :D

charyuop

Black Belt
Reaction score
I am one of those who watches the demos and not one who organizes them...
From a watcher all I can tell you is, to keep people watching the demo keep it real. One opponent attcking you and the second standing on the side watching till it's his turn to attack makes people doubt the effectiveness of the MA.
The best would be reharsing with the 2 attackers attacking you together without agreed movement, that would keep it real.
What I always thought watching those demos is...yea sure you Vs 2 and don't even have a single finger laid on you.

Just my 2 cents...keep it as real as possible.

dok

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I'm not sure about a demo
but for training i agree with charyuop - I'd have two attackers either rush you together, or like terryl said have them start almost surrounding the defender.

scenario based training might be important here - as you don't want to be cornered in a hostile situation before it escalates to violence, but if we're talking strictly self defence thats an important one to train. (picture the stereotypical gang of hoods circling around their victim slowly while talkin smack... ok, thats meant kind of tongue in cheek but the point is being jumped while at a tactical disadvantage is pretty likely if you're training fighting against two or more opponents).

fairly common strategies, I think, involve using their numbers as best you can against them - like positioning one behind the other, never letting them both be in direct contact with you at the same time.

the silat method that carol raised of tossing one into the other sounds effective. I'd like to know more about it.

alas, there are almost no silat schools in my area ;P its just one of those things.

OP
T

The Kidd

Purple Belt
Reaction score
This is not a sparring situation, I am going for a demo that is real but easily reproduced (no jumping split kicks killing both opponents, I couldnt get my old big butt up that high). Almost like a one-step what sounds and looks better 2 attackers coming at you or already grabbing you and you respond?

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
if it's for show, have one grab from behind and the other approach from the front.

for self defense, the best plan for multiple attackers is to turn tail and run.

actually, the best plan for one attacker is to turn tail and run.

Adept

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
if it's for show, have one grab from behind and the other approach from the front.

for self defense, the best plan for multiple attackers is to turn tail and run.

actually, the best plan for one attacker is to turn tail and run.

Yeah, but it's not always going to be possible if it's your job, you're cornered somewhere, or they have invaded your home. I think in most cases you will probably be facing multiple opponents (or at least one opponent and his mates in the background) so it's a valuable thing to train for.

INDYFIGHTER

Purple Belt
Reaction score
We are taught to try and keep ourselves out from between the two or three attackers. I think good footwork is essential when being attacked by more than one attacker. You must be able to move around and keep them in front of you.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, On YOUTUBE...search you will find lots of "demo's with lots of attacker"'s.

One is "Korean Tigers" others to click , karate, kempo, you may gain some insights on how other do there demo's........Aloha

Latest Discussions