Wow Conor

OP
Q

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Lol he really isn't, yes he's got some skills but his wrestling and jiu jitsu are be,over average for that high level and his cardio is rubbish

He may fight Justin at 170 pounds
He has good Grappling , its just that, Khabib is a whole new level.

Conor vs. Justin would be a barn burner

OP
Q

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Lol he really isn't, yes he's got some skills but his wrestling and jiu jitsu are be,over average for that high level and his cardio is rubbish

I would put him up in the top 5-7 of all-time and climbing higher .

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Tez3 said:
No promoter wants fighters who can KO their opponent in a the first couple of minutes of the fight.

If by that you mean every single promoter that has 3 numbers in his iq… then sure.

OP
Q

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Yes thousands. I've been involved in MMA for over 20 years, I know just about all the fighters in the UK and many from Europe, I've watched thousands of fights in that time, I've been to hundreds of fight nights ( just about one a weekend sometimes two, ten fights or so per card,add it up) many of which I've helped promote or I've reffed or cornered or coached. I've taken fighters across to Europe (Naples was the most fun, mafia run)

I've seen better fighters than some in the UFC, not all get picked up or even want to, there's still a certain amount of luck involved. There's not a lot of money in MMA until you get right to the top so many potential fighters can't carry on or have to have a day job which means no full time training etc. Promoters will go for fighters who entertain the crowd and they often aren't always the best fighters who can be perceived as being boring. No promoter wants fighters who can KO their opponent in a the first couple of minutes of the fight. It's not unique to MMA of course.
I'm not sure who you think the people are on this site, most are very experienced martial artists with wide interests and knowledge.

I can guarantee the best fight in the UFC. Its the highest level for 145 pounds and up.
Japan probably has superior fighters at 125 and 135
UFC has the best, by far. The offer the most money and you get huge spons.

I dont get all the CM hate here.. its very bizarre. The only person at his weight class better than him is Khabib and nobody on the planet is as good at those 2

OP
Q

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Reading a ton of ignorant comments saying CM is not that good lol.
Not a person in here would last 2 seconds with him and the pros dont last very long

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a person in here would last 2 seconds with him and the pros dont last very long

They don't? You do know he's not undefeated, right?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If by that you mean every single promoter that has 3 numbers in his iq… then sure.

Well. while the crowds like a good KO they also like a 'battle,' fighters going toe to toe for all the rounds, they want something they can shout at and for. They want their money's worth. A ten fight card that only lasts a couple of minutes each isn't going to be to their liking and you will have many disgruntled customers. they go for an evening's entertainment not an hours with long breaks in between fights.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Lol you're obviously a brainwashed fanboy. Yes he's good but nothing hugely amazing there's way better than him

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can guarantee the best fight in the UFC. Its the highest level for 145 pounds and up.

I dont get all the CM hate here.. its very bizarre. The only person at his weight class better than him is Khabib and nobody on the planet is as good at those 2

Ok we get you like Conor, we get that you think you are the world's expert in the UFC fighters, but your enthusiasm is making you get carried away. No one is actually 'hating' Conor here ( he's actually quite a charming man) but you are taking your opinion as being a fact and it's not, it's an opinion.

Look, you can't last against a school girl, you are a beginner so I don't actually think your opinion is that strong on this.

FC has the best, by far. The offer the most money and you get huge spons.

No they don't necessaraily have the best they have the most entertaining, the most talked about, the most fighters who sell tickets. The UFC is a business it is about making money. Conor sells tickets, he has a lot of haters who will buy tickets to see him beaten ( the UFC knows this and will match him accordingly, either to build him up or knock him down), he has a lot of supporters who will also buy tickets, for the UFC it's win win, they make money, for the fighters not so much. They also don't pay nearly as much as you think, there's more conditions than you think as well. It remains a world wide brand name and people want to fight on their shows but it's rapidly turning into how boxing is these days. How many people who have fought in the UFC can you call friends btw? I think you are looking at this from a fanboy point of view so aren't seeing behind the hype and show business.
Any fighter is only as good as their last fight, any fighter can be beaten, fighting is a strange game and relies on a lot of things, a fighter will train, do their conditioning, get their tactics sorted and yet it can all go pear shaped in the fight for reasons they never thought of. It depends how well they can 'adapt and overcome', even the best can't always, it is as had been said in the past it's a game of physical chess, even a weaker opponent can beat you nothing is certain, that's what makes it exciting to watch.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score

Lol you've just shown how little you know. A lot of fighters have now left the UFC because they're not allowed to wear sponsorships anymore because of the reebok deal.

Also you seem to be forgetting how Nate Diaz made him tap with like a week to train and McGregor had to literally turn and run away to escape in the second fight. He struggled twice against a gatekeeper and also got tapped out by Joe Duffy and a guy I can't even remember. Also got battered by an out of shape mendes until he gassed out. I'm sure you'll make excuses for all that to. Typical fanboy behaviour

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well. while the crowds like a good KO they also like a 'battle,' fighters going toe to toe for all the rounds, they want something they can shout at and for. They want their money's worth. A ten fight card that only lasts a couple of minutes each isn't going to be to their liking and you will have many disgruntled customers. they go for an evening's entertainment not an hours with long breaks in between fights.

A fighter that Kos all their opponents in a round is absolutely the most marketable product in any combat sport. Nobody likes watching a man have his jock sniffed and get laid on for three rounds.

And nobody complains about quick knock outs. That's exactly what everyone wants to see.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
A fighter that Kos all their opponents in a round is absolutely the most marketable product in any combat sport. Nobody likes watching a man have his jock sniffed and get laid on for three rounds.

And nobody complains about quick knock outs. That's exactly what everyone wants to see.

Meh. I'd rather see a close, well matched contest in pretty much ANY sport. Blowouts are no fun.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Meh. I'd rather see a close, well matched contest in pretty much ANY sport. Blowouts are no fun.
Well sure, but that's really neither here nor there.

Evenly matched fights can and do also end in quick KO. Or are you that rare bird that likes to see the judges decide?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

One quick KO in a card is fine , you try ten fights which finish quickly, I can tell you from experience no one is happy but of course you are just disagreeing for the sake of it. If you have never promoted a fight night you won't understand the problem. You have missed my point totally about it being a card full of quick finishes not one.
If you have all the fights on a card finish in the first round people aren't happy, you may think they would be but they aren't because they've paid for tickets for an evenings entertainment, they want good fights, ten minutes in total of fighting is NOT what they've paid for, especially if it's a long awaited fight between two well known rivals, they like to see a bit of a show.

OP
Q

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Ok we get you like Conor, we get that you think you are the world's expert in the UFC fighters, but your enthusiasm is making you get carried away. No one is actually 'hating' Conor here ( he's actually quite a charming man) but you are taking your opinion as being a fact and it's not, it's an opinion.

Look, you can't last against a school girl, you are a beginner so I don't actually think your opinion is that strong on this.

No they don't necessaraily have the best they have the most entertaining, the most talked about, the most fighters who sell tickets. The UFC is a business it is about making money. Conor sells tickets, he has a lot of haters who will buy tickets to see him beaten ( the UFC knows this and will match him accordingly, either to build him up or knock him down), he has a lot of supporters who will also buy tickets, for the UFC it's win win, they make money, for the fighters not so much. They also don't pay nearly as much as you think, there's more conditions than you think as well. It remains a world wide brand name and people want to fight on their shows but it's rapidly turning into how boxing is these days. How many people who have fought in the UFC can you call friends btw? I think you are looking at this from a fanboy point of view so aren't seeing behind the hype and show business.
Any fighter is only as good as their last fight, any fighter can be beaten, fighting is a strange game and relies on a lot of things, a fighter will train, do their conditioning, get their tactics sorted and yet it can all go pear shaped in the fight for reasons they never thought of. It depends how well they can 'adapt and overcome', even the best can't always, it is as had been said in the past it's a game of physical chess, even a weaker opponent can beat you nothing is certain, that's what makes it exciting to watch.

I am not a beg
Been doing other arts along time
I am not a fanboy and CM has mostly been a thug his entire life