Wow Conor

marques

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Now we know for sure it was an easy match. But was it one too bad or another too good?

Anyway, I liked the shoulders and head kick with toes. I wonder why these are not used more often. Shoulder very handy during many wrestling controls; and the head kick with toes easier... (for me, at least.)

Waiting for more now.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Now we know for sure it was an easy match. But was it one too bad or another too good?

Anyway, I liked the shoulders and head kick with toes. I wonder why these are not used more often. Shoulder very handy during many wrestling controls; and the head kick with toes easier... (for me, at least.)

Waiting for more now.
Simply yes he looked good in that fight but cerrone was the perfect opponent to make him look good. Cerrone is a great fighter with a great heart and work ethic no question. The guys got great kickboxing great combos, great grappling and is exciting as they come. That's a given.

But it's also well known. He's a slow starter and doesn't perform well in high pressure fights (e,g the Diaz fight, the RDA title fight etc) and he's been stopped a number of times by strikes in the first round. He's also mainly a striker who's unlikely to shoot a double leg on you. Plus he's 36 with a lot of miles on the clock with the amount of fights he's had. I think one year he had about 6 fights in 1 year (haven't checked his stats so that could be wrong.)

Yes mcgrgeor looked good no question and no I don't think cerrone took a dive like others have said. But that was a fight McGregor was meant to win and make him look good and yeah fair enough McGregor had to do it. But I don't see him doing that to any of the top guys in any division. Khabib would do exactly the same thing he did last time. Usman would rag doll him and even masdival I think has to much in the gas tank for McGregor to handle

OP
Q

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Cerrone does not have the reflexes of old days
His style is too damaging and he should call it quits

Conor most likely will fight Mas ..next

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I’m a longtime fan of Cowboy. I hope he retires, I don’t want to see him get hurt.

You know what McGregor is? He’s a very shrewd businessman who happens to be very good at fighting.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Conor is a top tier UFC fighter who will crush lower tier fighters 9 out of 10 times.

Cerrone is sadly on the down hill slide in his career.

Still a great win for Connor. Coming off a big layoff and dominating a much bigger opponent.

OP
Q

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Conor is a top tier UFC fighter who will crush lower tier fighters 9 out of 10 times.

Cerrone is sadly on the down hill slide in his career.

Still a great win for Connor. Coming off a big layoff and dominating a much bigger opponent.

Conor has beat the best ever : Aldo in 13 s, Max H and KO of Dustin

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cerrone does not have the reflexes of old days
His style is too damaging and he should call it quits

Conor most likely will fight Mas ..next

How long do you think you'd last in the ring with Cowboy?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
About as long as you !!

Probably longer, because I'm not stupid enough to get in a ring with him.
Or, for that matter, talk smack about him. Because he knows where to find me.
But you sure do talk a lot of smack for someone who probably wouldn't last 10 seconds in the ring with him.
As well as making medical diagnoses without the qualification or information to do so.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Depends if his wrestling coach shows him enough takedowns lol

Cowboy has always been a striker, but I think it would be a mistake to say his ground game is weak. It may be weak for a top level UFC fighter but it's not weak.

OP
Q

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Probably longer, because I'm not stupid enough to get in a ring with him.
Or, for that matter, talk smack about him. Because he knows where to find me.
But you sure do talk a lot of smack for someone who probably wouldn't last 10 seconds in the ring with him.
As well as making medical diagnoses without the qualification or information to do so.
I would last as long as against a tiger lol
I am just noticing his motor functions are not as good
I don’t think he cares what I think but his brain health will only get worse

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not as good as mayweather ;)
If by striking you mean taking full advantage of the rules of boxing by keeping his head by his knees half the time, then sure. Better. At boxing.

Striking, ie kicks punches knees elbows(and sometimes shoulders!) then it's no contest

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Conor is as good as any striker we have ever seen .
I hope Tony beats K

Correction.... as good as you have seen, I've seen thousands over many years.

Cerrone clearly has brain damage as his reflexes are not there
Still a top 10 in any div

and you know that how?

so how long have you been an MMA expert? You must have trained, reffed, coached, cornered, fought in MMA to know so much, no, that would be me.
Conor is a not bad fighter, being in the UFC means he's one of a great many fighters. As the business expands they take on more and more, doesn't mean they are the best, just the ones that are likely to sell tickets, many want to see him beaten so will pay to watch him, others, the fanboys like yourself overate him and want to see him win. John wants Conor to fight Justin Gaethje next anyway.

OP
Q

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Conor is a special one of a kind talent

He will fight I think Nate next for a trilogy in March ??

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Conor is a special one of a kind talent

He will fight I think Nate next for a trilogy in March ??
Lol he really isn't, yes he's got some skills but his wrestling and jiu jitsu are be,over average for that high level and his cardio is rubbish

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thousands lol

Yes thousands. I've been involved in MMA for over 20 years, I know just about all the fighters in the UK and many from Europe, I've watched thousands of fights in that time, I've been to hundreds of fight nights ( just about one a weekend sometimes two, ten fights or so per card,add it up) many of which I've helped promote or I've reffed or cornered or coached. I've taken fighters across to Europe (Naples was the most fun, mafia run)

I've seen better fighters than some in the UFC, not all get picked up or even want to, there's still a certain amount of luck involved. There's not a lot of money in MMA until you get right to the top so many potential fighters can't carry on or have to have a day job which means no full time training etc. Promoters will go for fighters who entertain the crowd and they often aren't always the best fighters who can be perceived as being boring. No promoter wants fighters who can KO their opponent in a the first couple of minutes of the fight. It's not unique to MMA of course.
I'm not sure who you think the people are on this site, most are very experienced martial artists with wide interests and knowledge.

Latest Discussions