wing chun vs Karake

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Not sure what point you're trying to make. Obviously neither of them knew what to do once they hit the floor.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I couldn't get it to play.

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh...I thought it said karaoke.
I was getting ready to bust in to my rendition of Everybody wang chun tonight!

Marnetmar

Black Belt
Reaction score
The black belt karate guy had no skills. Pretty pathetic.

The video won't load for me but if this is the one I'm thinking of, the karate guy looks more like he's attempting to kickbox than actually use his style.

Then both of them go to the ground and it turns into a schoolyard scrap.

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
It would load, but it wouldn't play. All I got was a goofy blue smiley face. Do you have to be a subscriber? There was no "play" icon to click on.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It would load, but it wouldn't play. All I got was a goofy blue smiley face. Do you have to be a subscriber? There was no "play" icon to click on.
Played all right for me but in all honesty, you didn't miss anything.

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Too bad neither knew what to do once their little duel hit the pavement. If either one had some Bjj training, or training in some other grappling art, they would have wrapped that up pretty quickly. Unfortunately, we ended up with that mess while standing up, and a mess on the ground.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Which brings us back to the question of why people post videos on YouTube that show their Martial art in poor light.

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
The black belt karate guy had no skills. Pretty pathetic.

It still doesn't play. I click the link and get the video window with the blue smiley. This time I waited until it had downloaded completely expecting it to start playing automatically. Nothing.

But, going by the thumb-nail previews at the side of the screen, I have seen this video before. I'm probably not the best judge of what is "pathetic" Karate compared to what isn't, but consider this. The guy is wearing a Black Belt. Someone showed up at his school essentially challenging them to a fight/spar. It was being video taped for all to see. Don't you think the leader of the Karate group would have put his best guy out there to represent them? So if this guy is truly pathetic as you say, then their whole Karate school must really suck! I think the Wing Chun guy put on a good showing here, and when he similarly took on a Thai Boxer in another clip. Yeah, they didn't really know what to do on the ground, but his Wing Chun was pretty good. Maybe that's why the Karate guy was made to look "pathetic"?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are we turning into the site that nobody mentions with videos being posted up showing how bad other people are? with the add on of course being how good we are?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The vid played for me, but kept stopping every ten seconds while the little ball spinned.

I wish I knew the background to the whole thing, just for curiosity sake.
Kind of fun to watch, though.

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It still doesn't play. I click the link and get the video window with the blue smiley. This time I waited until it had downloaded completely expecting it to start playing automatically. Nothing.

But, going by the thumb-nail previews at the side of the screen, I have seen this video before. I'm probably not the best judge of what is "pathetic" Karate compared to what isn't, but consider this. The guy is wearing a Black Belt. Someone showed up at his school essentially challenging them to a fight/spar. It was being video taped for all to see. Don't you think the leader of the Karate group would have put his best guy out there to represent them? So if this guy is truly pathetic as you say, then their whole Karate school must really suck! I think the Wing Chun guy put on a good showing here, and when he similarly took on a Thai Boxer in another clip. Yeah, they didn't really know what to do on the ground, but his Wing Chun was pretty good. Maybe that's why the Karate guy was made to look "pathetic"?

Yeah, that WC guy goes around and fights trained people to show how good WC is. I'd like to see him go against a Bjj blackbelt, just to see how he would utilize WC to respond to a dominant grapple and ground game.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Just to be clear, It was my opinion that the Karate "fighter" was pathetic.Others might disagree, Ilike the gentleman that disliked my comment. And that's ok. We all have our own idea of what good fighting is, and mine is obviously different from his.

Latest Discussions