Why we punch the way we do

Johnathan Napalm

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Yiliquan1 .....imply you are better than they are... ....

Judging by the quality of the posts.....hmmmmm..... ;)

Judging by the pics posted, I am sure HELL NOT AS FAT AND UGLY! LMAO !!! :D :D :D :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: (Note: I am referring to the guys. All the ladies are mighty fine. It does not take them courage to post their attractive pose. But the GUYS!! You GUYS have GUTS!!! ..and.... Literally too! :rofl: )

C'mon! since you asked! How the hell can I pass up this chance to LMAO ???:rofl:

OP
E

Erkki

Johnathan, you said:

Originally posted by Johnathan Napalm
Remember this: It is below a real martial artist not being able to admit he is wrong.

Then, in response to Yiliquan1, you said:

Judging by the quality of the posts.....hmmmmm..... ;)

Judging by the pics posted, I am sure HELL NOT AS FAT AND UGLY! LMAO !!! :D :D :D :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: (Note: I am referring to the guys. All the ladies are mighty fine. It does not take them courage to post their attractive pose. But the GUYS!! You GUYS have GUTS!!! ..and.... Literally too! :rofl: )

C'mon! since you asked! How the hell can I pass up this chance to LMAO ???:rofl:

I submit that it is also below a real martial artist to make a comment as rude as that to a fellow practitioner, whether you like them or not. Yes, it did take courage for them to post their pics on here, with the belief that there was enough honor among the members here that someone like you wouldn't deride them for what you perceive to be shortcomings.
I sincerely hope you are just joking around. With all the LOL and LMAO you do in your posts, I can't tell anymore. Please clarify this for us.

Thanks.

OP
C

chufeng

JN,

You brought up Ikken Hisatsu...others have asked that you clarify what you mean...

You refuse...I'm not surprised.

Then you make personal insults on other members...

It is ironic that YOU point out the qualities of a martial artsist.

You keep proving that I was wrong to place any value on your commentary...maybe when I see something positive and constructive from you, I will respond to any of your queries...

I suppose that this forum is nothing but a big joke to you...
Unfortunately, you detract from some of the serious dialogue that does take place...and you demonstrate really lousy behavior for those beginning their martial journey.

:asian:
chufeng

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Enough of BSing. Last call: Are you gonna enlighten us with your knowledge on Ikken Hisatsu or shall we just ikken hisatsu the issue, huh?

Remember this: It is below a real martial artist not being able to admit he is wrong.

My understanding of the term is as I have said before, One Strike, One Kill.
If I am wrong that's ok. If I am right, then that's ok too.

However, I am not the one throwing insults, in an effort to get a point across. If you believe I am wrong, then as I have said before, please enlighten me as to where and how, then I can benefit from your (obviously) vast knowledge, and will have no excuse for making the same mistake again.

In more simple terms, PUT UP OR SHUT UP , you are truly starting to bore me.

--Dave

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I suppose I can elaborate further but I decide Not to respond to your BSing.

Your replies contain nothing more than mocking comments aimed at taking cheap shots at the expense of those who post here. You make inflammatory and poorly supported comments which ultimately amount to nothing more than trolling, and then proclaim the comments of those who ask for clarification "BSing?" Boy, you sure do have a pretty high opinion of yourself...

Ikken Hisatsu is Kyokushin's calling card. I see no need for me to justify myself to anyone.

You post comments on an open, public forum, alleging your own authority in the area, yet feel no need to explain your comments to anyone that asks. Yet again, the mark of a troll...

If you don't care for my posts, either DON'T read them and Don't respond, OR please DO put me on your ignore list. That goes for anyone who feels the same. I couldn't care less, one way or the other. lol :)

But because of the large number of relative beginners in MA, I find it hard not to take you to task and expose your assinine behavior for what it is... There are enough impressionables here who will potentially get a sour taste in their mouths by seeing how such self-professed experts like yourself behave. I want to ensure they realize folks like you are in the minority...

On the topic of Ikken Hisatsu, so far I am the only one who has post anything material. I am still waiting for D.Cobb to put his money where his mouth is.

And we are waiting for you to elaborate on your thusfar basic and unimpressive comments on what qualifies for Ikken Hisatsu. So far all you have done is make general comments about what is required just to make your punch satisfactory... You are speaking as if you possess special knowledge, but so far even the most basic students of a good school will see that all you have presented are the rudimentary qualifications for developing an acceptable punch.

Since you see fit to comment on Ikken Hisatsu, I pressume you are qualify to enlighten the readers on this topic? Why don't you post you insight on the Ikken Hisatsu, instead of things that are of no value to the readers?

Two things - One, I never said I was "fit to comment" on Ikken Hisatsu. I asked you to qualify your comments further because they were lacking in depth and sufficient explanation. Second, right back at ya... When you start posting something other than the drivel you normally do (which is of no value to readers), then perhaps I will too... :shrug:

Gambarimasu.
:asian: :tank: :asian:

Jonathan Napalm

White Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Erkki
Johnathan, you said:

Then, in response to Yiliquan1, you said:

I submit that it is also below a real martial artist to make a comment as rude as that to a fellow practitioner, whether you like them or not. Yes, it did take courage for them to post their pics on here, with the belief that there was enough honor among the members here that someone like you wouldn't deride them for what you perceive to be shortcomings.
I sincerely hope you are just joking around. With all the LOL and LMAO you do in your posts, I can't tell anymore. Please clarify this for us.

Thanks.

Of course it is a JOKE! DUH! :rolleyes:

You people are so uptight that it is unbelievable. oh well.. lol

So long. Have a good life. It has been fun!! LMFAO!! :D

Jonathan Napalm

White Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by chufeng
JN,

You brought up Ikken Hisatsu...others have asked that you clarify what you mean...

You refuse...I'm not surprised.

Then you make personal insults on other members...

It is ironic that YOU point out the qualities of a martial artsist.

You keep proving that I was wrong to place any value on your commentary...maybe when I see something positive and constructive from you, I will respond to any of your queries...

I suppose that this forum is nothing but a big joke to you...
Unfortunately, you detract from some of the serious dialogue that does take place...and you demonstrate really lousy behavior for those beginning their martial journey.

chufeng

Ikken Hisatsu is one punch certain kill. Duh! I didn't hear anyone asking about what it means other than D'Cup there BSing about full turn wouldn't make it but 3/4 turn would. :rolleyes:

"....I suppose that this forum is nothing but a big joke to you..."

I thought a lot more of it at the begining, but unfortunately , it certainly has demonstrated itself to be a big joke!! :D :D But it sure worths quite a lot of LMAO's .....:D lol

Anyway.... have a good life! :D

Jonathan Napalm

White Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Yiliquan1
Your replies contain nothing more than mocking comments aimed at taking cheap shots at the expense of those who post here. You make inflammatory and poorly supported comments which ultimately amount to nothing more than trolling, and then proclaim the comments of those who ask for clarification "BSing?" Boy, you sure do have a pretty high opinion of yourself...

You post comments on an open, public forum, alleging your own authority in the area, yet feel no need to explain your comments to anyone that asks. Yet again, the mark of a troll...

But because of the large number of relative beginners in MA, I find it hard not to take you to task and expose your assinine behavior for what it is... There are enough impressionables here who will potentially get a sour taste in their mouths by seeing how such self-professed experts like yourself behave. I want to ensure they realize folks like you are in the minority...

And we are waiting for you to elaborate on your thusfar basic and unimpressive comments on what qualifies for Ikken Hisatsu. So far all you have done is make general comments about what is required just to make your punch satisfactory... You are speaking as if you possess special knowledge, but so far even the most basic students of a good school will see that all you have presented are the rudimentary qualifications for developing an acceptable punch.

Two things - One, I never said I was "fit to comment" on Ikken Hisatsu. I asked you to qualify your comments further because they were lacking in depth and sufficient explanation. Second, right back at ya... When you start posting something other than the drivel you normally do (which is of no value to readers), then perhaps I will too... :shrug:

Gambarimasu.
:asian: :tank: :asian:

You are simply sore b/c I rebutted your mumbo jumbo on several ocassions. In doing so, I derailed your attempt to sound knowledgeable and all. It is sad. B/c I did think highly of you. But you have turned out to be quite different than the knowledgeable and rational man image that you have tried to portrait. The reason I feel sad is I really don't think you are a bad person. But your lack of ability to judge has only betrayed something else about you.....

I sure hope the service men and women whose lives and career may be affected your performance don't get screwed over by your personal issues, whatever that may be........ ego or sense of self-inadequacy.....

Nevertheless, have a good life. :D Lol it has been fun . Like I told MOB, looking at you folks , has indeed made me feel a lot better about myself! :D LMFAO !!

I told Kaith that not been able to post here sure as hell wouldn't make squat little difference in my life. Except may be the few chances of LMFAO at you people! lol :D

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Please NO One reply to Johnathon Napalm until it can be determined if it is him or not.

Thank You

Rich Parsons
MT Moderator

Jonathan Napalm

White Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by D.Cobb
My understanding of the term is as I have said before, One Strike, One Kill.
If I am wrong that's ok. If I am right, then that's ok too.

However, I am not the one throwing insults, in an effort to get a point across. If you believe I am wrong, then as I have said before, please enlighten me as to where and how, then I can benefit from your (obviously) vast knowledge, and will have no excuse for making the same mistake again.

In more simple terms, PUT UP OR SHUT UP , you are truly starting to bore me.

--Dave

SO, you are eating your BS assertion about the 3/4 turn crap then? :D

Should have admitted long ago that you NEVER know Jack S@#$% about Ikken Hisatsu. :D LMAO

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Admin Note

Please note mr Napalm, or whatever he may use is no longer welcome here. We have banned him indefinately, and will activly block him if he attempts to access us again.

-- Bob Hubbard

OP
R

Rob_Broad

Originally posted by Kaith Rustaz
Admin Note

Please note mr Napalm, or whatever he may use is no longer welcome here. We have banned him indefinately, and will activly block him if he attempts to access us again.

-- Bob Hubbard

Bravo!

Encore, Encore

OP
M

Master of Blades

"Ding Dong the Witch is dead Which old Witch The Wicked Witch Ding Dong the Wicked Witch is Dead"

:rofl:

But now who are me and Cali gonna gang up on! :(

:rofl:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Please keep the discussion on topic and be polite and respectful of others.

Thank You

Rich Parsons
MT Moderator

OP
E

Elfan

As I understand it the full rotation of the first to horizontal is the last thing that happens. Thus the fist isn't traveling forward anymore. Woudn't that necesitate making contact sometime before full rotation and continueing to rotate thru the person? So a "horizontal punch" makes contact before it is horizontal.

Comments?

OP
Y

yilisifu

No, the fist continues to move forward following rotation although the punch is quickly decelerating (as opposed to accelerating). The idea is to make impact AT THE MOMENT the twist is completed. Timing is very important.

OP
E

Elfan

Hmm in that case how much penetration do you get?

OP
Y

yilisifu

Not a great deal, but penetration isn't the main emphasis of this kind of blow. Delivery of shock is. A very small measure of penetration is all that is necessary to cause terrible internal damage.

There are several kinds of upper-body blows:

1. Shocking: stops just after impact. These do not seek deep penetration, nor do they snap back. They cause internal shock and damage.

2. Snap Back: i.e., backfist strikes. Immediately upon impact, they whip back quickly. They are best suited to striking hard, bony surfaces such as the head and face where the flesh is pulled tight over the bone because they will cause bone to shatter.

3. Piercing: i.e., spear-hand techniques. Although they do not literally pierce the flesh, they penetrate into the flesh and cause terrible internal damage (much as the end of a staff would do). They are best used against fleshy, softer targets.

4. Smashing: These are akin to smashing something with a sledgehammer or baseball bat. Elbow and forearm strikes are good examples.

OP
D

Disco

Watch the people that do breaking demo's. You will NEVER see any twisting or rotation of the wrist. Re: you will more than likely break the wrist. As stated by several, the word TIMING came into play when dealing with the wrist rotation. Just another factor that does contribute to injuries. Try this experiment. Make a fist and extend your arm then measure the distance from shoulder to knuckle (the fist is horizontal). Now do the same with the fist vertical. You could see anywhere from 2 to 3 inches difference in length. Anybody box? Aside from the fact that the hands and wrists are taped, I have never seen or heard of a boxer twisting the wrist on impact. When I finnally convinced some of my transfer students from other styles, they were pleasently surprised to find that their punches were stronger and faster and there were a lot less injuries. A side note: Anybody ever see Bruce Lee do that demo of his 2" punch? There was no wrist rotation. Best way to determine for yourself, go punch a HEAVY BAG both ways. :asian:

OP
E

Elfan

Originally posted by Disco
Try this experiment. Make a fist and extend your arm then measure the distance from shoulder to knuckle (the fist is horizontal). Now do the same with the fist vertical. You could see anywhere from 2 to 3 inches difference in length.

Starting from where? The hip? What differnce do you anticipate we will see?