Why some people still don't want to wear mask?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are some people out there who hope everything a certain somebody does fails. Somehow they don’t realize that when unsaid guy fails, everyone fails right along with him.

I wasn’t a fan of 43 in any way. I would’ve done almost everything the opposite way. But I never wanted him nor anyone else to fail. I wanted him to prove me wrong. There’s a huge difference.

Not saying you nor anyone else here falls in the hope for failure camp. But they’re definitely out there, and they’re quite loud about it.
There have been some of those for each of the last few presidencies. Probably always have.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
New studies from both John Hopkins and Harvard Medical are showing hydrochloriquine relieves simptoms and works very well when used early. The press won't talk report on it, and others deny it, but both Harvard an John Hopkins are pretty good sources, don't you think?

Look it up using the two schools I mentioned.
I looked it up. This is what John Hopkins has stated
"According to Johns Hopkins experts, there are no significant clinical trials to date showing that hydroxychloroquine is an effective treatment against COVID-19."
"According to Johns Hopkins experts, there are no significant clinical trials to date showing that these drugs are an effective treatment against COVID-19. At least three controlled, large trials showed either no advantage or higher risk of cardiovascular complications in patients receiving the drug"

Source: Covid-19 Story Tip: Hydroxychloroquine Not Recommended for Treatment of COVID-19

August 26, 2020 from Harvard
Studies in human organ chips and various animal models confirm that the drug is unlikely to be effective against COVID-19
source: https://wyss.harvard.edu/news/hydroxychloroquine-does-not-inhibit-sars-cov-2-infection-in-preclinical-models/

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Could you post links to those studies? I'm unaware of any except some very small ones that produced results that are entirely contextual.
I got you covered lol.
While I was searching for the schools, I ran across a lot of sites that were pro hydroxychloroquine. Based on what Harvard wrote. The early test results were based on tests to see how the virus reacted to hydroxychloroquine in a dish and not how it interacts with the body and other medicines. From what I could pick up, hydroxychloroquine doesn't go well with other medicines used to treat, other health ailments.

The test that were done were interesting because it's like saying weed killer kills the virus in the dish, so because it kills the virus we should all drink weed killer. Which would be fatal in the context of humans ingesting weed killer. So yes it kills the virus but it will also kill us. hydroxychloroquine is like that. Yes it kills the virus, but if you take other medications or have other underlying health issues then hydroxychloroquine has a good chance of killing you along with the virus.

I'm personally over cautious about any medicine that is rushed as a cure or prevention. Right now there is a lot of misinformation and too much of a push to take something that has been rushed an not properly studied or tested. Here is a list of issues that come with hydroxychloroquine even if you don't have COVID-19 Hydroxychloroquine: MedlinePlus Drug Information

i've already made up my mind that I'm not taking the first batches of any Vaccine that they put out to fight COVID-19. There's a reason why the development of Vaccines take as long as they do. A lot of regulations and guidelines for medicine are the end results from learning lessons the hard way. My choice was validated when the FDA stated that they were going to allow the vaccine to skip steps of approval.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
As a case in point of how this has become politicized in America, we are seeing known conspiracy theorists pushing an idea that the CDC just somehow admitted to a conspiracy around the death certificates. There are two sides: most people in the country who think we should follow the science. And the kooks.

I posted this video in another thread, but it really belongs here. It's not a political video.

"Don't misrepresent the data and make yourself and your opinions look stupid."

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
As a case in point of how this has become politicized in America, we are seeing known conspiracy theorists pushing an idea that the CDC just somehow admitted to a conspiracy around the death certificates. There are two sides: most people in the country who think we should follow the science. And the kooks.

I posted this video in another thread, but it really belongs here. It's not a political video.

Yep, just like the cold and Flu but funny how you never hear about that. Dude is working hard to make the data fit his BS agenda. How does a thinking person not see and understand the reverse? They have these pre-existing conditions yet C-19 Caused them? Just plain stupidly transparent.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Yep, just like the cold and Flu but funny how you never hear about that. Dude is working hard to make the data fit his BS agenda. How does a thinking person not see and understand the reverse? They have these pre-existing conditions yet C-19 Caused them? Just plain stupidly transparent.
I'm sincerely embarrassed for you.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Maybe if the mask mandate also required full costume, it would work better. It would certainly be more fun. Like a ten month long Halloween party, everybody social distancing in full character.

As much as I want to be Batman, too hot here for all the black, and I really don't have the build.
I think I'll be The Flash instead. I think I could rock them yellow boots.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

There's a lot of stuff like that going on.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Maybe if the mask mandate also required full costume, it would work better. It would certainly be more fun. Like a ten month long Halloween party, everybody social distancing in full character.

As much as I want to be Batman, too hot here for all the black, and I really don't have the build.
I think I'll be The Flash instead. I think I could rock them yellow boots.
This is pretty much what I wear while working...
2CBC09A7-C04C-49D8-A6C6-17AE0BBE8F44.jpeg

I really want to sneak out a whole gowning setup and wear it to a store just to see reactions. Some will most likely run away from me, thinking I’m the most contagious person on the face of the earth. Others will most likely run to me asking where I got it from. Then there’ll be the group thinking what the F is wrong with that guy.

Maybe grab a few and have a group of like 5 of us wear them into the store. People would probably panic thinking we’re an emergency response group or something. I mean, honestly, what would you do if you saw 5 guys walk into a store dressed like that? Then we’d grab shopping carts and go about our business and confuse the hell out of everyone.

Either way, it would be very entertaining. People’s reactions would be priceless.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
There's a lot of stuff like that going on.
Yeah, and it’s penetrating deeply enough we see it from some folks here. The point being that other countries which are doing better are not politicizing the situation, and are instead letting the science lead the way. I mean, @dvcochran has literally just lied about it, suggesting he is getting this bunk from CNN and CNBC, when obviously he did not. The country has gone mad.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Heart failure and lung failure do not cause COVID-19. But COVID-19 can cause heart failure and lung failure. There is also proof that health people and kids can die from COVID-19. If you look at the deaths, you can find that the fast decline in health all had something in common. And that is COVID-19.

You could have diabetes, Friend B could have high blood pressure, Friend A could have a heart condition. You guys live for it for 15 years with no major problems. Then one day your friends gets COVID-19 and suddenly have a quick onset of complications that only get worse and leads to death. You get COVID-19 two weeks later and you get a quick onset of health complications which quickly lead to death.

The only thing that you 2 had in common was COVID-19 and one of the common symptoms you three had was failing lung function. But none of you had lung disease. So yes while all of you had underlying illnesses. None of you had lung disease, but all 3 of you died from failing lung function caused by COVID-19

When you look at the deaths from COVID-19 you will see things like difficulty in breathing, failing lung function which is why people were being put on ventilators so that they could get assistance with breathing. What you don't see or hear about COVID-19 is that people are getting pace makers, heart transplants, stronger diabetes medicine.

It's clear here as they say that COVID-19 is affecting respiratory functions. But it's not the only thing that it destroys. It also affects other organ functions. In short it's a virus that does damage to more than one thing

There are also healthy people without underlying illnesses that die from COVID-19.
What the lungs of COVID-19 patients look like

UK woman, 21, with no health issues dies from Covid-19, family say
2500.jpg

Source: UK woman, 21, with no health issues dies from Covid-19, family say

My guess is that younger people with no underlying illness are actually dying from a different strain of COVID-19. They aren't getting the same strain that causes minor symptoms. I've read that there are 2 Strains and that there are 8 Strains of COVID 19. I'm not sure which one is accurate at the moment. But based on some of the different symptoms that people are getting, it makes me think that there are more than one strain. There is also a case of a person getting re infected, but I don't know if that person was reinfected with the same strain or if it was a new Strain. My assumption is that the second infection is from a different Strain of COVID-19. The more people that get it the more likely it will mutate into something new to catch.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah, and it’s penetrating deeply enough we see it from some folks here. The point being that other countries which are doing better are not politicizing the situation, and are instead letting the science lead the way. I mean, @dvcochran has literally just lied about it, suggesting he is getting this bunk from CNN and CNBC, when obviously he did not. The country has gone mad.
Again, have you checked the CDC directly? The village idiot could understand it.
I guess we just answered your lack of understanding.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The country has gone mad.
It truly has.
I've been on this planet for 48 years and there was a lot of stuff that I've never seen until COVID-19 landed.
  • Runs on the grocery stores
  • Multiple Hospitals at overflowing capacity
  • People being buried in mass graves because of a virus.
  • Sports seasons being cancelled.
  • Schools not opening
  • Cities and states on lock down.
  • Countries on lock down
  • 1000 people a day dying from COVID -19 ( 2018-2019 flu season 34,200 died according to the CDC. source https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2018-2019.html) we are currently at 185,000+ deaths and we still have September, October, November, December, January 2021, February 2021, and I think March 2021. We aren't into the 2020-2021 flu season yet.)
  • I never wore a mask beyond yard work before.
  • I never hear the US running out of Ventilators and masks
  • Colleges shutting down and only doing online learning,
  • People trusting politicians instead of subject matter trained experts. Like literally the people who deal with things like this as a career are the ones who are seen as the least reliable but get a John Doe posting of facebook, and it's that person that people trust.
  • People not believing what they see with their own eyes.
2020 makes the mad hatter look like the sane one at the table. I don't know what's worse. All of this or the fact that Politicians think people in the U.S. will do the right thing after more than 20 of feeding conspiracies to the American citizens. We don't even see reality in the same way.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Again, have you checked the CDC directly? The village idiot could understand it.
All I can say is, at this point, it's better to put up sources to what you claim you are seeing.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could you clarify for me what you're saying the CDC said? I'm jumping in late and trying to catch up.

OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
- I have just received a letter from my 24 hours fitness center that they files bankruptcy.

24 Hour Fitness files for bankruptcy amid pandemic, 3 Austin-area gyms to close

- This is the 1st years (in the past 12 years) that I spend summer in the Texas 105 degree heat instead of running on the California beach.

- This is the 1st time that I started to teach solo form in the past 30 years.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Heart failure and lung failure do not cause COVID-19. But COVID-19 can cause heart failure and lung failure. There is also proof that health people and kids can die from COVID-19. If you look at the deaths, you can find that the fast decline in health all had something in common. And that is COVID-19.

You could have diabetes, Friend B could have high blood pressure, Friend A could have a heart condition. You guys live for it for 15 years with no major problems. Then one day your friends gets COVID-19 and suddenly have a quick onset of complications that only get worse and leads to death. You get COVID-19 two weeks later and you get a quick onset of health complications which quickly lead to death.

The only thing that you 2 had in common was COVID-19 and one of the common symptoms you three had was failing lung function. But none of you had lung disease. So yes while all of you had underlying illnesses. None of you had lung disease, but all 3 of you died from failing lung function caused by COVID-19

When you look at the deaths from COVID-19 you will see things like difficulty in breathing, failing lung function which is why people were being put on ventilators so that they could get assistance with breathing. What you don't see or hear about COVID-19 is that people are getting pace makers, heart transplants, stronger diabetes medicine.

It's clear here as they say that COVID-19 is affecting respiratory functions. But it's not the only thing that it destroys. It also affects other organ functions. In short it's a virus that does damage to more than one thing

There are also healthy people without underlying illnesses that die from COVID-19.
What the lungs of COVID-19 patients look like

UK woman, 21, with no health issues dies from Covid-19, family say
2500.jpg

Source: UK woman, 21, with no health issues dies from Covid-19, family say

My guess is that younger people with no underlying illness are actually dying from a different strain of COVID-19. They aren't getting the same strain that causes minor symptoms. I've read that there are 2 Strains and that there are 8 Strains of COVID 19. I'm not sure which one is accurate at the moment. But based on some of the different symptoms that people are getting, it makes me think that there are more than one strain. There is also a case of a person getting re infected, but I don't know if that person was reinfected with the same strain or if it was a new Strain. My assumption is that the second infection is from a different Strain of COVID-19. The more people that get it the more likely it will mutate into something new to catch.

With the rapid spread across the US, there is no telling how many strains we have by now.
And we simply don't know what the virus does.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
My gosh. You are willing to say anything. I did not lie and it is an offense that you would make that claim. It is not propaganda any more than the crap you are spinning.
As far as credibility and integrity, I fully agree. It is far past the point we start seeing some from All our media sources. I am sick and tired of opinion pieces with no backing.
You're projecting again. I'm talking about things that exist in the real world, and have provided external information. Other people have asked you questions that you have conveniently ignored. Other people have provided external information.

You're pushing talking points that have a clear path back to known conspiracy kooks.
CNN, CNBC, etc..., the CDC and all other news feeds have reported this.
Not sure what whackadoo outlet you are following but you need to pull your head out of the sand. It is the easiest information out there to understand.
Okay. So maybe you weren't lying in your post above. Could you please post links to where you saw or heard it reported on CNN or CNBC, or any credible news outlet (even a local news station)? I'd love to see that, and will admit I was wrong if you produce it.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I will make an attempt at a different tact on my opinion. I do quite a lot of research and am obsessed with information from multiple, varying, and non-associated sources in an attempt to find the subtleties and inconsistencies. Very, very little of my data mining is from political sources. This would come in the form of political advisors, such as Fauci. This is the main reason I post very few links. For any one link someone post, there are 10 out there that will counter the information so what is the point? Youtube is great, but a hard source of information? No.

I do read the post here and I am truly sorry for loss of life anyone has encountered this year regardless of cause. I apologize if I sounded insensitive to some.

I am a very data driven person. It is what I have done as a profession for over 30 years. I am forced to understand there is a difference between statistics and relevant data. The former can have virtually any result, the latter is accurate, usable information. More often than not adding or changing one variable changes everything in an accurate data model. Tracked data that does not create change is superfluous and just mucks things up, thus is factored out.

In regards to the topic at hand there are a Lot of statistics out there but not a ton of discernable data. Hard numbers that stand on their own are very hard to find. Numbers that have been coalesced with other data points are living large. And they are being used and manipulated in all sorts of manner. I am sorry if some of you do not understand this. The most relevant comparison I can think of is how data on cold and Flu are completely rolled up into the C-19 numbers.

There has been a higher than average number of deaths in my family and extended family this year. Some had C-19, some even at the time of death, but none died with C-19 as the cause of death. I have found that quite curious based on the explanations of COVID 19 by many. We have had friends die from the virus, one was a 2 year old so yes, it is here and it is real.

I fully believe C-19 is a killer and has and will kill again.
I fully believe the same for the countless number of Flu strains that have killed this year, which we supposedly have vaccines for. Many of which also complicated pre-existing conditions.
I fully believe C-19 has been epidemic and/or pandemic in level or quantity on it's own.
I fully believe the professional societies do not yet understand the virus and it's possible constituent strains and are working hard to learn more about it.
I fully believe the media is doing what the media does and using Any source, made up or otherwise, to make the daily news, causing a great spread of misinformation.
I fully believe this is our greatest problem from the social information standpoint.
I fully believe there is a heavy amount of political motive involved in higher level decisions regarding the virus in the U.S. causing polarized opinions and division.

I watched a local news feed this morning that stated the U.S. has stockpiled hundreds of thousands of vials of a vaccine that is being held up for whatever reasons. I suspect politics is a data point in understanding the reasons for the wait, along with many other data points.
If the vaccine was available tomorrow I would not take it. I am not the kind of person who risks one unknown for another. I will let others be the guinea pig. Of course this logic is easy when you are not staring death in the face. Akin to taking a cancer drug.

I appreciate and enjoy the forum. The last thing I intend to do is push anyone away from it.
That said, it is no secret Steve and I do not get along and I do not see that changing. He consistently plants seeds in his posts to get a reaction and then runs with comments people make about them, in all sorts of twisted manner. Pure printed manipulation. A shock jock. I see people doing this on every forum I frequent regardless of topic and I am quick to call anyone out I see doing this.
Why do I care? Because I am a very morally and ethically bound person. Simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.