Why some people still don't want to wear mask?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdwardA

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I'm glad you recovered from that so quickly. Just dropping this here for others - there's no evidence I could find that high doses of vitamin C have any effect on viral infection.

Of course not. The only thing excess vitamin C does, is flush out your body. It help to get rid of waste and anything else the body is trying to expel. That only shortened the time I had it. The rest was up to my immune system.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Trust me, not all of the idiots support the same party. I live in a heavily other party state and area, and there’s plenty of idiots not wearing them and arguing about it who aren’t red. They may be louder or covered more by the media, but they’re not the only idiots. Not by a long shot.

Idiocy knows no race, gender, religious, political, etc. bounds. That’s one of the very few things I’m certain of in life.
i will take your word for it. We have a dominant idiot species around here.

EdwardA

Blue Belt
Reaction score
i will take your word for it. We have a dominant idiot species around here.

Of course. There are all kinds of people in every aspect of life, regardless of affection...or anything else. I will add tho, that some people value individual liberty so highly, they are willing to risk, or even die over it. As individuals go, sometimes it's misplaced, sometimes not. I'm not going to judge them for my opinion. There's all kinds of people in all walks of life.

I protect myself by getting to the store at dawn when it's freshly ceaned and few people these. I'm the first one in and there's either no line or only 2-4 people in line....after me. Sunday morning.

Last edited:

EdwardA

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I'd like to point out, considering the site we're posting on, that the upright version of Tai Chi was never solely martial. From my experience and many others...not to mention the meridian maps, it's also intended to put your body into a posture, balance and overall structure that helps your body work better, at a higher potential. It effects lots of things. Especially your health. I put it into every aspect of my life, as much as possible.

OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Of course not. The only thing excess vitamin C does, is flush out your body. It help to get rid of waste and anything else the body is trying to expel. That only shortened the time I had it. The rest was up to my immune system.
Agree! When you start to feel sick, get a lemon, put it in water with skin, and drink the water. You will be surprise that you may prevent a cold right there.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I wear a mask if I'm anywhere closer than about 12 to 15 feet of folks outside. Otherwise, I don't.

If I'm going into a store I'll out my mask on in the car.
Same here.

For me the entire mask thing is very simple. There's a virus out there that is easy to catch. What are the way to reduce my risk of catching it or spreading it? Then do that. I don't make it a political thing, because when I want information about my health, I listen to doctors and scientist.

When I get sick or want to avoid getting sick, I go to a trusted doctor. I don't go to a politician. So for me masks are pretty straight forward which is why I don't complain about having to wear one. It doesn't take away any of my freedoms. I still go to the same places that I used to go to. My reasoning for not going to crowded places isn't because my rights were taken away. It's because health officials say that the more people that I'm around the more like it will be that I catch it.

I don't like being sick. It's not something I strive to obtain.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Same here.

For me the entire mask thing is very simple. There's a virus out there that is easy to catch. What are the way to reduce my risk of catching it or spreading it? Then do that. I don't make it a political thing, because when I want information about my health, I listen to doctors and scientist.

When I get sick or want to avoid getting sick, I go to a trusted doctor. I don't go to a politician. So for me masks are pretty straight forward which is why I don't complain about having to wear one. It doesn't take away any of my freedoms. I still go to the same places that I used to go to. My reasoning for not going to crowded places isn't because my rights were taken away. It's because health officials say that the more people that I'm around the more like it will be that I catch it.

I don't like being sick. It's not something I strive to obtain.
You know, I'm not interested in getting sick. But if I'm being honest, the reason I try to be very diligent about wearing a mask is because there's just no reason to be a dick about it. I mean, people are concerned, and we know that some folks are at higher risk of serious illness or death than others. Why make those folks worry? Why not wear a mask to help put them at ease? I think my chances of getting seriously ill are pretty low. But if I don't wear a mask, it stresses other folks out. I don't know why I'd want to do that.

I live in a rural/suburban area of King County, south of Seattle. It's a pretty evenly split area, politics-wise. Most folks are wearing masks and it's not a big deal. A few folks don't wear a mask, and they do it for the same reasons they open carry guns. They are douchebags. And douchebags are unpredictable. And anything that is unpredictable causes issues.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I take anyone near me that's not wearing a mask as a threat to my life, as I am of the highest risk.

I also take anyone around me not wearing a mask as a complete A-hole.
If I were still working I wouldn't take that personally. I never have, ever.

But now that I ain't working, it's a personal hobby of mine to show an A-hole what a REAL A-hole, especially an old aggressive one, can be like.

I chased an unmasked A-hole out of my local bank on Friday. To the cheers of everyone working there.
They all told me afterwards he was the first person to come into the bank unmasked since the edict was put in place. Heck, there's a big sign on the door, face high, in huge letters.

He was breaking County and State law. But I broke a more serious law by threatening him. Terroristic Threatening it's called here. Taken quite serious, and prosecuted all the time. But, as they say out here, Me No Care.

My bad.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Seriously? Did you celebrate the man being killed in Portland also?

Sounds like you might be part of the problem.

Think what you like, I take my life very seriously.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
@Let me ask you, Ace, do you wear a mask every time you're out and near people?

Last edited:

EdwardA

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Right now more people in the US are arming themselves in numbers never seen before as a direct result of violence and being teratened. Anybody thinking about forcing other people to behave the way they think they should... remember that when it gets out of hand. Personally, I don't care what other people do until they get within 6ft. of me. And I'm not overly worred about it, just a little concerned. I can think of much worse things then covid. Gee, there are 100s maybe even 1000s of small children dying all over the planet from starvation every day. There are also 100000s of young women being trafficed everyday. Get over yourselves.

Last edited:

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right now more people in the US are arming themselves in numbers never seen before as a direct result of violence and being teratened. Anybody thinking about forcing other people to behave the way they think they should... remember that when it gets out of hand. Personally, I don't care what other people do until they get within 6ft. of me. And I'm not overly worred about it, just a little concerned. I can think of much worse things then covid. Gee, there are 100s maybe even 1000s of small children dying all over the planet from starvation every day. There are also 100000s of young women being trafficed everyday. Get over yourselves.
Covid can kill. Pretty sure nobody wants that. It's more likely to kill other people than me, because I'm healthy. I'm not interested in becoming a vector to give it to those folks.

Get over yourself.

EdwardA

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Covid can kill. Pretty sure nobody wants that. It's more likely to kill other people than me, because I'm healthy. I'm not interested in becoming a vector to give it to those folks.

Get over yourself.

Have you ever looked down the barrel of a weapon? I have, a number of times. Next time that happens, let us know how it goes....or just go to Chicago on any given night....worse than covid.

Inside prisons,worse than covid, inside any project or ghetto at night, worse than covid. Sex trafficking, worse than covid. Gang wars in the drug trade, worse than covid....Even being homeless is worse than covid. That's how I saw all of those things close up.I could make a much longer list of things that if you ever saw close up, you wouldn't think covid was something to be so afraid of.

Last edited:

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Seriously? Did you celebrate the man being killed in Portland also?

Sounds like you might be part of the problem.

What makes you think I would celebrate anyone's death? I wouldn't. Would you?

OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'd like to point out, considering the site we're posting on, that the upright version of Tai Chi was never solely martial. ...
You may change your opinion if you have met the right Taiji teacher.

Since we are talking about MA in non-MA section thread, should we move this thread back to MA section? :D

Taiji-leg.gif

Last edited:

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You may change your opinion if you have met the right Taiji teacher.

Taiji-leg.gif

A long time ago I asked Billy Blanks who the baddest Martial teacher he ever knew was. Without a seconds hesitation he said "Master Chan, my Tai Chi instructor."

EdwardA

Blue Belt
Reaction score
You may change your opinion if you have met the right ?

Since we are talking about MA in non-MA section thread, should we move this thread back to MA section? :D

I was only referring to the 108 move set. There are millions of people all over the world that do that set only for the health benefit, tho this might be a shorter form.

Last edited:
OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I was only referring to the 108 move set. There are millions of people all over the world that do that set only for the health benefits.
That's a good thing right? If Taiji fighters are all over the planet, those MMA guys will be in big trouble.

A: Dear master! that 5 years old kid beats me up again yesterday.
B: Don't mess with that kid. He is a Taiji fighter.

Last edited:

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you ever looked down the barrel of a weapon? I have, a number of times. Next time that happens, let us know how it goes....or just go to Chicago on any given night....worse than covid.

Inside prisons,worse than covid, inside any project or ghetto at night, worse than covid. Sex trafficking, worse than covid. Gang wars in the drug trade, worse than covid....Even being homeless is worse than covid. That's how I saw all of those things close up.I could make a much longer list of things that if you ever saw close up, you wouldn't think covid was something to be so afraid of.
That’s just so much “whataboutism”. None of that makes Covid less of an issue. You try to make caution sound like fear. I just follow the science and statistics and give a damn about people. It’s an easy thing to do, and costs me little.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If the CDC could sh
You know, I'm not interested in getting sick. But if I'm being honest, the reason I try to be very diligent about wearing a mask is because there's just no reason to be a dick about it. I mean, people are concerned, and we know that some folks are at higher risk of serious illness or death than others. Why make those folks worry? Why not wear a mask to help put them at ease? I think my chances of getting seriously ill are pretty low. But if I don't wear a mask, it stresses other folks out. I don't know why I'd want to do that.

I live in a rural/suburban area of King County, south of Seattle. It's a pretty evenly split area, politics-wise. Most folks are wearing masks and it's not a big deal. A few folks don't wear a mask, and they do it for the same reasons they open carry guns. They are douchebags. And douchebags are unpredictable. And anything that is unpredictable causes issues.
I think this happened 2 weeks ago. I was at the grocery and there was a husband with his wife and I assume his daughter. The ladies had their mask on, but the husband was walking around the grocery whistling. I avoided as it was the least resistance to dealing with him. But it's things like that that really irritate me. But that's how the world is and not everyone cares about their fellow citizen. Again people like that would have normally been lunch or dinner for a lion or tiger.

Unfortunately the world is like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions