Whats story with frank dux?

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Unless you are going to train with him, who cares who he is or whether he is a liar.

I have to disagree.

Frauds such as Dux and "Ashida Kim" not only rip individuals off, they tend to write stuff about martial arts and it history that are totally false. And their stuff, because it is not bound by the need to be accurate, is more interesting and more widely known.

So the damage to the knowledge of not just ninjutsu history, but martial arts as a whole, has been severely damaged by people like Dux. We had a member of Dux's group here and he did his best to make Dux look good no matter how he destroyed the truth. If he had been allowed to go on without confrontation a lot more people would be facing stupid questions and false ideas about the martial arts. One person on one talk site can't do that much damage, but it all adds up.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have to disagree.

Frauds such as Dux and "Ashida Kim" not only rip individuals off, they tend to write stuff about martial arts and it history that are totally false. And their stuff, because it is not bound by the need to be accurate, is more interesting and more widely known.

So the damage to the knowledge of not just ninjutsu history, but martial arts as a whole, has been severely damaged by people like Dux. We had a member of Dux's group here and he did his best to make Dux look good no matter how he destroyed the truth. If he had been allowed to go on without confrontation a lot more people would be facing stupid questions and false ideas about the martial arts. One person on one talk site can't do that much damage, but it all adds up.

Absolutely!
icon6.gif

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
(I actually have no idea what you are talking about govt cheese)
Cheese, as in the movie was cheesy, lame, sappy. Maybe not as bad as my least favorite movie of all time, A Christmas Story, but right up there.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Cheese, as in the movie was cheesy, lame, sappy. Maybe not as bad as my least favorite movie of all time, A Christmas Story, but right up there.

Kreth Prefers Quality Martial Arts Films such as:

B0000CBXZN.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

As far as Dux is concerned I tend to agree that these guys Dupe the unwary AND give the world a false view of our art...

Can you imagine if it had been a different art getting exploited thruout the 80's... We would have Massive Mutant MMA Marmosets or Hopping Mutant Kempo Kangaroos or Power Rangers Aikido Force... But c'mon, everyone knows now that a ninja is a Guy with a Bazillion and a half weapons, in black pjs who can dodge bullets... and its sad because the whole art gets looked down on as a joke because of that ******** stereotype... Just Look at the image I posted above...

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
When Bloodsport came out I asked dad about the validity of the Dux character. He said, "Watch it for entertainment only." "Pay no attention other than that." He went on to say that the Ninja get a bad rap.......their best rep is the comic books and TMNT.

Geez, that is too bad for them.

As far as this guy being a fraud, well that sucks......I mean they are in every art but he just doesn't go away. I knew a ton of guys that have said they had a military career that was incredible and built a business off of it.

It is just sad really.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

shrek

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I have HUGE issues with american ninjutsu that I won't even get into on here...but most of them remind me of failed monkey-style kung fu practicioners...you know, the kind that were kicked out of the school for acting like morons. American ninjitsu just makes me twinge...and hearken back to old tv shows like "The Master" and ancient chinese martial arts films with ninjas dressed in red, yellow, white, & blue outfits.

I read the Dux website and after a few paragraphs I was thinking...there's a LOT of BS on here. He looks to be a proficcient martial artist and that should be enough to start one's own school...but the horn-honking & glory boasting would drive most normal people away in a hurry. Kind of reminded me of Stephen Hayes back in the 80's...

thetruth

Black Belt
Reaction score
I have to disagree.

Fair call. I just find it like beating a dead horse. It does relieve a little stress but generally is a pointless exercise. I admit is is fun to laugh at these guys but unless someone is willing to hunt these people down and put there money where their mouths are to shut them down it will all just continue to be talk and nothing more.

Cheers
Sam:asian:

Latest Discussions