Whats story with frank dux?

jkd friend

Green Belt
Reaction score
you know I watched that movie bloodsport and at the end never really paid any mind his many accomplishments but now I like astonished by what I read at the end of that movie. I just want to know was any of that he did real or is he just some type of fake?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It would depend on who you asked, Frank believes everything other say he is a fraud, and some say the just do not give a damm. Like me.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It would depend on who you asked, Frank believes everything other say he is a fraud, and some say the just do not give a damm. Like me.
I'm in the same camp with Terry. Could not, if I tried really hard, care one whit less than I do right now.

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah, you know what? In the Marines every tough guy was a champ at something. Strongest, fastest, blah, blah, blah.....whatever. This guy, well I don't care either.

Neat movie, other than that it is just like Ninja Turtles to me.

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
Come on guys, he has a question. Let's try to answer it.

Most believe his is a fraud. He can't back any claims he has made and is considered a laughing stock in the martial arts community. You can read a very small article here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Dux
That article covers the bare basics about Dux.

Here is another: http://bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15731
Start about halfway down and it talks about Dux' claims and how he can't back them.

AoG

Brandon Fisher

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
What I have been able to find everything points to him as being a fraud. But Bloodsport was a good movie.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
AllI know about Frank Dux is from what I've seen in Bloodsport. If he's anything like Jean-Claude in that movie, all I can say is, he's not very tall.:asian:

thetruth

Black Belt
Reaction score
Unless you are going to train with him, who cares who he is or whether he is a liar. Just like the countless other tools in this world portraying themselves as something they are not. I heard somewhere the kumite from bloodsport was actually some tournament in the late 70's or early 80's in Hawaii that Benny the Jet won not Frank Dux. I don't really know or care though

Cheers
Sam:asian:

thetruth

Black Belt
Reaction score
Bloodsport was a good film though. One of my fav b-grade 80's ma flicks

Cheers

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mod Note

Thread moved to Horror Stories

Mike Slosek
MT Supermod

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I heard somewhere the kumite from bloodsport was actually some tournament in the late 70's or early 80's in HawaiiSam:asian:

I heard from a karateka that it was held in New York...A Google search for Dux-Ryu brings up some good sites and info...

thetruth

Black Belt
Reaction score
And which martial art films do you classify as "A-grade"?

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon would be A grade. The Karate Kid would be A grade. Anything from golan globus rates somewhere between b and f grade.

Cheers

thetruth

Black Belt
Reaction score
Are we talking A grade, as in government cheese? :p

Come on Pat Morita was nominated for an oscar for his portrayal. Regardless of anything it was well enough acted. (I actually have no idea what you are talking about govt cheese)

CHeers

Latest Discussions