What US movie would trigger this event?

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No...I'm implying that there is no 1st amendment exception for "offending someone". And that there is no case law implying that my speech makes me legally liable for another persons individual decision half the world away.

There is a world of difference between 'legally liable' and 'personally responsible', IMHO. Just because a person cannot be held to account for what they have done, it doesn't mean they did a good thing.

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably not.
A brother of a cousin of a friend who's wife is the nice to a guy I know from an internet forum said it was demeaning Islam....

It kid of reminds me of the incident with the school teacher who made her class read 'Nappy Hair' a critically acclaimed children's book. Then the community got wind of it and people who were not even affected (as in no kids in the school) took umbrage.

Not to mention that this looks like a made for TV special: You need a diversion to attack something, so you instigate a little protest.
And for heaven's sake...I don't think it is hard to do a little anti American protesting in the middle east.
The fact that it started in Egypt and cause trouble in Libya ought to be suspicious.

Wow here is a link enjoy??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=Px1WAI_-5cE&NR=1

I think what is bad and helps support the myth to the fanatics that our government paid for or supports this or America in general is look at the advertising that is being promoted by Youtube? Youtube is making advertising dollars from promoting this??

Anybody else pick up on this I mean major production companies and others promoting thier stuff around this??

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This is bizarre and getting worse.

http://gawker.com/5942748/it-makes-...e-was-deceived-had-no-idea-it-was-about-islam

The story of the Muhammed movie which sparked deadly protests in Libya and Egypt gets weirder. The actors who appeared in it had no idea they were starring in anti-Islam propaganda which depicts Muhammed as a child molester and thug. They were deceived by the film's director, believing they were appearing in a film about the life of a generic Egyptian 2,000 years ago.

Cindy Lee Garcia, an actress from Bakersfield, Calif., has a small role in the Muhammed movie as a woman whose young daughter is given to Muhammed to marry. But in a phone interview this afternoon, Garcia told us she had no idea she was participating in an offensive spoof on the life of Muhammed when she answered a casting call through an agency last summer and got the part.
The script she was given was titled simply Desert Warriors.

"It was going to be a film based on how things were 2,000 years ago," Garcia said. "It wasn't based on anything to do with religion, it was just on how things were run in Egypt. There wasn't anything about Muhammed or Muslims or anything."

In the script and during the shooting, nothing indicated the controversial nature of the final product, now called Muslim Innocence. Muhammed wasn't even called Muhammed; he was "Master George," Garcia said. The word "Muhammed" was dubbed over in post-production, as were essentially all other offensive references to Islam and Muhammed.

The story is bizarre; and if this is the movie, it's horribly cheap and badly done. The overdubbing is obvious, like bad photoshops. The whole thing is worse that most high-school video productions I've seen. What the hell?

Last edited by a moderator:

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Here is the thing, other countries, particularly in the Middle East, don't care one bit about our Constitution any more than we care about Islamic Law. I don't think the film justifies an attack on our embassy and the killing of our ambassador but looking at this form the POV of the US constitution when the offense occurred on foreign soil and expecting those indigenous to that country follow and or even understand or care to understand our Constitution for that matter is just looking for a reason to justify getting angry.

While were on freedom of speech we may also want to remember the other parts of the first amendment as well; Freedom of religion, Freedom of speech, Freedom to assemble, Freedom to petition the government

The killing had nothing to do with the film it was a 9/11 announced atack in response to our killing AQ #2 and #3 guy they told us they were going to do it from a place that we knew about just outside Benghazi an AQ nest for years the atack was organized military attack before and with out any demonstrations. This is clearly politions here and maybe military allowing the ambassador to be murdered knowingly

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The killing had nothing to do with the film it was a 9/11 announced atack in response to our killing AQ #2 and #3 guy they told us they were going to do it from a place that we knew about just outside Benghazi an AQ nest for years the atack was organized military attack before and with out any demonstrations. This is clearly politions here and maybe military allowing the ambassador to be murdered knowingly

The movie surely did not hurt the effort though. Getting some patsies on the street, unwittingly act as human shields...

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The movie surely did not hurt the effort though. Getting some patsies on the street, unwittingly act as human shields...

It gets even weirder. Yes, even weirder!

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/investigation/nakoula-cooperation-756920

Producer Of Anti-Islam Film Was Fed Snitch
L.A. man began cooperating with prosecutors after 2009 fraud bust
SEPTEMBER 14--In remarks stressing that the U.S. government had “absolutely nothing to do with” the anti-Islam film that has touched off violence in the Middle East, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton yesterday sought to quash Arab concerns that the “disgusting and reprehensible” movie was somehow produced or condoned by American officials.

However, Clinton’s attempt to distance the U.S. from “Innocence of Muslims”--and, by extension, its felonious producer--may be complicated by the revelation that Nakoula Basseley Nakoula became a government informant after his 2009 arrest for bank fraud, The Smoking Gun has learned.

Though many key documents from the U.S. District Court case remain sealed, a June 2010 sentencing transcript provides an account of Nakoula’s cooperation with federal investigators in Los Angeles (and how his prison sentence was reduced as a result).

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

Point is not that Libya was a planned military action with no help at all from demonstrators they were never there. Just used as a PR thing and built up in other locations to hide that. The question is who in our government was responsible for sacrificing our Ambassador to serve thier purposes?

I hate Romney and all he stands for but I would cross over right now and vote for him if he woudl kill a whole bunch of people that need it and tell the entire Middle East to just kiss my big brown Bahookie

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Point is not that Libya was a planned military action with no help at all from demonstrators they were never there. Just used as a PR thing and built up in other locations to hide that. The question is who in our government was responsible for sacrificing our Ambassador to serve thier purposes?

I hate Romney and all he stands for but I would cross over right now and vote for him if he woudl kill a whole bunch of people that need it and tell the entire Middle East to just kiss my big brown Bahookie

Pretty barbaric take, considering we have plenty of allies in Libya and the middle east.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
There is a world of difference between 'legally liable' and 'personally responsible', IMHO. Just because a person cannot be held to account for what they have done, it doesn't mean they did a good thing.

Of course there is...that's not my point.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Pretty barbaric take, considering we have plenty of allies in Libya and the middle east.

Yes it is and those supposed allies also knew the dangers and have looked the other way and harbored the AQ individuals and camps for years now while we send them our money. So how do we choose between sacrificing good people or being barbaric we withdraw completely stop buying thier oil stop giving them money who cares what they make or do any real and present danger to our soil or people we just use technology to handle that and produce energy jobs here rebuild our infrastructure.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Swiped from a friends FB post;

I do not condone legal punishment. However, I will freely confess that I am likely to feel very little sympathy for any hardships that befall him as the result of his actions. I view it similarly to burning an American flag in front of a half-dozen Marines. Do you have the right to do it? Yes. Do I believe that the Marines should be held accountable for any actions they may take in response? Yes. Will I have personal sympathy for you when you end up in the hospital? Not really, no. We all own the consequences for our actions.

His opinion pretty much encapsulates my own on this issue.....

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So happy to see Obama's respect for the First Amendment.

Things are literally on fire over there...where the 1st Amendment doesn't apply. If it violates YouTube's rules, so be it. This is a scripted show. Whether they take it down or not, Obama cab say to the Muslims "I tried" which helps their leaders quell the riots.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Things are literally on fire over there...where the 1st Amendment doesn't apply. If it violates YouTube's rules, so be it. This is a scripted show. Whether they take it down or not, Obama cab say to the Muslims "I tried" which helps their leaders quell the riots.
Yeah, because the leader of the FREE WORLD, embracing and encouraging oppression is a great idea...

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yes it is and those supposed allies also knew the dangers and have looked the other way and harbored the AQ individuals and camps for years now while we send them our money. So how do we choose between sacrificing good people or being barbaric we withdraw completely stop buying thier oil stop giving them money who cares what they make or do any real and present danger to our soil or people we just use technology to handle that and produce energy jobs here rebuild our infrastructure.

Wow. You've clearly researched this in depth, and convinced me both that you are writing from logic and research rather than emotion, but convinced me entirely that my position on this is wrong. Good job.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You do know that we buy relatively little oil from the mid-east don't you?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Wow. You've clearly researched this in depth, and convinced me both that you are writing from logic and research rather than emotion, but convinced me entirely that my position on this is wrong. Good job.

uh don't care

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You do know that we buy relatively little oil from the mid-east don't you?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I would not call 22% from the Gulf and add another 20% from Africa which is also in the same turmoil related to religion and AQ interests small by any means and that total of 42% if goes to **** drives up all other prices including the western oil which while in goes in our pockets it raises all prices of everything across the board.

Here is a picture for you
$Ma%20SOURCES%20OF%20US%20NET%20PETROLEUM.png

Latest Discussions