What US movie would trigger this event?

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know...some of these protesters, like the ones in London, seem to be educated enough to grasp that the USA has Constitutional protections for individual speech. I don't believe that everybody in all of these crowds is ignorant of our 1st Amendment.

And in London, they are exercising their right to peaceful assembly and free speech, by protesting something they don't approve of-they are neither committing acts of violence against our embassy, nor are they calling for laws against "blasphemy" :lol:

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
And in London, they are exercising their right to peaceful assembly and free speech, by protesting something they don't approve of-they are neither committing acts of violence against our embassy, nor are they calling for laws against "blasphemy" :lol:

Not saying I have an issue with the protest per se....but am questioning the underlying philosophy behind them. They apparently want something....and that something seems to be a desire to have our gvt censor an individual based on what they see as offensive religious speech.

While their protests mean little in terms of US lawmaking, what I do find disturbing is the number of Americans that seem willing to alter our Constiutional rights simply because the Wookie is raging somewhere overseas.

If there is no room for discussion on the topic of protest, 1st Amendment speech and religion here than I guess I may as well start blaming Obama for something. That always seems to garner responses...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
While their protests mean little in terms of US lawmaking, what I do find disturbing is the number of Americans that seem willing to alter our Constiutional rights simply because the Wookie is raging somewhere overseas.

Where?

If there is no room for discussion on the topic of protest, 1st Amendment speech and religion here than I guess I may as well start blaming Obama for something. That always seems to garner responses...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Plenty of room for discussion-'m just not about to panic over what clearly inflammable people do when someone has deliberately inflamed them.

Last edited:

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
Also keep in mind, they really do not know what free speach really is and they don't give a fig about our constitution. They see what they believe is the US government attacking thier religion, and then the extremist fan those flames. It has been said on this board that even US citizens don't care about the rest of the world, but will support US policy abroad, even if it goes against how we would treat people in our country. Why should someone in say Egypt feel any different? Why would they give a damn about America and its interest when many of them are convinced that we have warred and killed fellow Muslims for no real reason. If you were a person living in the Middle East who have these beliefs would you really care if American embassies were getting protest and that 4 Americans died? We have done ourselves no favors in our policies we have used in that region of the world for decades.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hmmm...the White House goes with the idea that this 14 minute trailer caused the problem.

Is the White House going with that? Hasn't it been determined that the attacks were too well coordinated to have been a sudden grassroots reaction to the movie trailer, and that the trailer may have been used as a distraction or a method to generate some support?

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Also keep in mind, they really do not know what free speach really is and they don't give a fig about our constitution. They see what they believe is the US government attacking thier religion, and then the extremist fan those flames. It has been said on this board that even US citizens don't care about the rest of the world, but will support US policy abroad, even if it goes against how we would treat people in our country. Why should someone in say Egypt feel any different? Why would they give a damn about America and its interest when many of them are convinced that we have warred and killed fellow Muslims for no real reason. If you were a person living in the Middle East who have these beliefs would you really care if American embassies were getting protest and that 4 Americans died? We have done ourselves no favors in our policies we have used in that region of the world for decades.

People like to forget that our foreign policy over the last 100 years has for the sake of profit and the interests of corporations toppled governments and supported despots who abused thier people for decades either for strategic military bases or to secure raw materials such as sugar, rubber, minerals or oil to name a few. While I support Israel having the right to exist the issue of Palistine not having a country is unfare. However in the context of being concurred people they should have fostered a belief to lives as one and trade, employement living conditions would have been as if a suburb of Israel instead of educating thier young in philosophies of hate and never ending gorilla warfare against an occuping enemy? Right or wrong they would just have a better life.

If you review our own textbooks from school in the 60's 70's much of what I am talking about was taught in US history but anytime you bring up our own facts the blind righ God and Guns calls you alot of things including Obama's Gang a new term from Romney

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Here is the White House position on the cause of the "protests,"...

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/09/16/rice-benghazi-attack-was-spontaneous-libya-no-it-wasnt/

Fox News Sunday that the attack on the consulate on the 11th anniversary of 9/11 was a spontaneous demonstration that just “spun out of control.” Rice also doubled down on the administration’s claim that the violence is all about the video:

WALLACE: This week, there have been anti-American protests in two dozen countries across the Islamic world.Tthe White House says it has nothing to do with the president’s policies. Let’s watch.

JAY CARNEY: This is not a case of protests directed at the United States writ large or at U.S. policy. This is in response to a video that is offensive.
WALLACE: You don’t really believe that?
AMB. RICE: Chris, absolutely I believe that. Because, in fact, it is the case. We had the evolution of the Arab Spring over the last many months but what sparked the recent violence was the airing on the Internet of a very hateful very offensive video that has offended many people around the world. Now, our strong view is that there is no excuse for violence. It is reprehensible and never justified. But in fact there have been those in various parts of the world who have reacted with violence. Their governments have increasingly and effectively responded and protected our facilities and condemned the violence and this outrageous response to what is an offensive video. But there is no question what we have seen in the past with things like Satanic Verses and cartoons of the Prophet Mohammad there have been such things that have sparked outrage and anger and this has been the proximate cause.

Jay Carney is, of course, the White House spokesman...

And Ambassador Rice to Jake Tapper, white house correspondent...

Rice told Jake Tapper on ABC’s This Week that the US response was not impotent, and again insisted that the attacks were spontaneous:

“We’re not impotent,were not even less popular to challenge that assessment” said Rice. ” What happened this week in Cairo, in Benghazi and many other parts of the region was a result, a direct result, of a heinous and offensive video that was widely disseminated, that the U.S. government had nothing to do with, which we have made clear is reprehensible and disgusting.” …
“Our current best assessment, based on the information that we have at present, is that, in fact, what this began as, it was a spontaneous – not a premeditated – response to what had transpired in Cairo,” Rice told me this morning on “This Week.” …

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

Bill didn't see you on the board anywhere this morningworried you were sick? But I see by your last post here you were busy doingyour anti Obama research. Tell me your position is that Obama has caused theviolent protests and such?

What about the GOP supported right wing bloggers who knowingly spread therumors that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and the Obama administration wasbehind installing the Muslim Brother Hood in power in Egypt that caused Egyptian’sto protest and attack her car when she was there for meetings? Are you not personallyresponsible for taking part in that since you constantly post and give creditto those same people who lie and misrepresent the facts to attack a sittingpresident and his administration.
Are you not as bad as those looking at the death of an Ambassador and Americansas a political opportunity to gain votes? I just heard that Romney earned three
Pinocchio’s today but I think for your hard work and sheervolume of postings deserve to be the Grand Master of Pinocchio I will besending your certificate in the mail today awarded by the GOP board members Goofy,Daffy Duck, Yosemite Sam, Wile E. Coyote, Sylvester and Porky Pig OH! I meanNewt Gingrich suitable for framing.

There are some on here that think you should just be ignored? It is true thatnothing can ever be said to change your position but I appreciate those whoagree that if a lie is repeated enough times in concept it becomes a form ofreality and then becomes the new truth. So it warrants at least a response tostand for truth but will any of our discussions on this forum change a singlevote? I think not?

Romney is getting a lot of flak right now for negative comments of what hethinks all Obama supporters are the 47% but he brings up the point others havebeen saying that everyone has made up their mind on both sides all that is leftis the undecided. I see no middle ground or compromise this is not an electionbut war there can only be a winner and looser and whoever loses will feel theyhave been occupied by an aggressor and wage gorilla war?

By the way the Supper Pac’s are launching a movie Wednesday by Citizens Unitedthat is anti-Obama. Democrats if we follow Bills logic we should riot andprotest the Blasphemy of the Pac’s and GOP insulting our leader.

THERE IS ONE PRESIDENT AND HIS NAME IS OBAMA

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
Once upon a time there was a caricature of those on the right of the right being fat cat, elitists, money bags, whose only concern was continuing to make money for them and thier friends, to hell with everyone else. It wasn't really fair at all. Many Republicans do care about other things than gaming the system for profit. I know Republicans that are decent, fair minded, thoughtful, people. However, Romney is more and more making that caricature a reality, doing a diservice to a lot of Republicans in the process.

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Once upon a time there was a caricature of those on the right of the right being fat cat, elitists, money bags, whose only concern was continuing to make money for them and thier friends, to hell with everyone else. It wasn't really fair at all. Many Republicans do care about other things than gaming the system for profit. I know Republicans that are decent, fair minded, thoughtful, people. However, Romney is more and more making that caricature a reality, doing a diservice to a lot of Republicans in the process.
They are still there but for some reason the extreme right, tea party and corporate special interest have taken over the party. Class war and diversion to anything but truth or real issues cosume the total debate. I see no middle ground just November comming

Aiki Lee

Master of Arts
Reaction score
images

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the White House going with that? Hasn't it been determined that the attacks were too well coordinated to have been a sudden grassroots reaction to the movie trailer, and that the trailer may have been used as a distraction or a method to generate some support?

It seems the the USA was warned three days before the attack that there was going to be one according to Libyan security officials. An alert was issued as well by the State Department's Bureau of Diplomatic Security but wasn't made public. The Libyans are also saying ( on CNN among other places) that the US diplomats had been warned of the deteriorating security situation. The UK embassy had already been shut. It seems the US security officials had decided it was safe though despite attacks on other diplomatic places and on the Red Cross that it was safe for the US ambassador to travel during the anniversary of 9/11.
The Libyans have also said that about 50 people have been arrested in connection with the attack.

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It seems the the USA was warned three days before the attack that there was going to be one according to Libyan security officials. An alert was issued as well by the State Department's Bureau of Diplomatic Security but wasn't made public. The Libyans are also saying ( on CNN among other places) that the US diplomats had been warned of the deteriorating security situation. The UK embassy had already been shut. It seems the US security officials had decided it was safe though despite attacks on other diplomatic places and on the Red Cross that it was safe for the US ambassador to travel during the anniversary of 9/11.
The Libyans have also said that about 50 people have been arrested in connection with the attack.

I stated from the begining the background of the Ambassador from the Iraq war to present both he and the CIA knew everything there was no reason for him to be in harms way without full Marine support? Someone needs to loose thier job even go to jail over this just like Fast and Furious. No excuse what is worse hundreds of our boys are being maimed and killed by Afghan police.

Today I listend to a father who's son called repeatedly saying the Afghan police had more authority than they did threatened him everyday saying we do not want you here go home. Our Marines were not allowed to stay armed to protect themselves an Afghan officer walked in with a AK47 and put it to his chest while he was in shorts lifting weights and killed him. The father had call officials pleading to move his boy out but nothing and they still will not repond.

The parents never wanted him to join but he wanted to serve his country but after getting there he said they are hateful savages he could not sleep since they bunked one story above the Afghan trainees. We need to bring our troups home close our embassies or give them the tools to defend themselves.

either Obama is accountable for all this or someone in the millitary a group hates him so much they are doing this for political reasons??? One of them should pay!!!

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
They should pay! They should pay! Easy there cowboy. The whole mess is being investigated, with I might add Lybian support. Marines do not guard most embassies, private security does. Chris Stephens and his security team are included in any threat apraisals from the State Dept. So it isn't exactly like they were oblivious to the various risk, especially knowing the same complex had an IUD exploded on its wall two weeks earlier. Let the investigators do thier job, then start calling for people's heads. Blaming OBama or anyone in the military is wwwaaayyy too premature.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
222190_274220706030615_1870123996_n.jpg

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...adists-base-revenge-death-U-S-ambassador.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57518017/libyans-storm-militia-in-backlash-of-attack-on-us/

[h=1]Libyans storm militia in backlash of attack on US[/h]

AP586723349332_620x350.jpg
Libyan civilians celebrate the raiding of Ansar al-Shariah Brigades compound, after hundreds of Libyans, Libyan Military, and Police raided the Brigades base, in Benghazi, Libya, Friday, Sept. 21, 2012. (AP Photo/Mohammad Hannon)

Updated 9:47 PM ET
(CBS/AP) BENGHAZI, Libya - Hundreds of protesters angry over last week's killing of the U.S. ambassador to Libya stormed the compound of the Islamic extremist militia suspected in the attack, evicting militiamen and setting fire to their building Friday.
In an unprecedented show of public anger at Libya's rampant militias, the crowd overwhelmed the compound of the Ansar al-Shariah Brigade in the center of the eastern city of Benghazi.
Ansar al-Shariah fighters initially fired in the air to disperse the crowd, but eventually abandoned the site with their weapons and vehicles after it was overrun by waves of protesters shouting "No to militias."

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Oh and the Libyan president said they consider America a strong friend who helped them out in a time of nee, and that this was a targeted terrorist attack and it had nothing to do with that stupid movie. A terrorist attack on 9/11... who would have guessed?

Latest Discussions