What are Reputation Points and how do you get them?

Pale Rider

Green Belt
Reaction score
I have noticed that regardless of the topic that I reply or start. My points haven't been added up at all. It's like nothing I mention in any part of this board deserves any points. That does get a little discouraging.

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
dont worry about it - when you do get points - or this is true for me anyway, I get points for the SAME posts. There will be one post that I will make that 7 people have given me points for.

Besides, rep points arnt that big of a deal to anyone really - no one gives them much thought unless your points are negative. I don't, anyway

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
all the more reason we should give it to him.

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Pale Rider said:
I have noticed that regardless of the topic that I reply or start. My points haven't been added up at all. It's like nothing I mention in any part of this board deserves any points. That does get a little discouraging.
Not to worry Pale Rider :) . The points as Samantha points out are just for fun. Perhaps try giving out points yourself instead, for it is far better to give than to receive! :asian:

MJ :)

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
TigerWoman said:
Dark green represent 100 pts. for each square and the light green = 200 ea. TW
No, that cant be correct. I have (at this point in time) 524 rep points, but going by your theory would imply I have at least 700

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Samantha said:
No, that cant be correct. I have (at this point in time) 524 rep points, but going by your theory would imply I have at least 700

Not sure but maybe the first 5 green is 100 which gives you 500. And you are greater than 500 so you get you next green box, which will not increase until you get over 700 points?

I never did the math, but have written software before, and that makes sense to me.

:asian:

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Samantha, once you pass 100 points, you get another dark green square, so you'd have two. Then when you pass 200 points, you get another dark green square, so you'd have three.

When you pass 500 you get a light green square and you don't get another one until you hit 700.

Make sense?

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
Not sure but maybe the first 5 green is 100 which gives you 500. And you are greater than 500 so you get you next green box, which will not increase until you get over 700 points?

I never did the math, but have written software before, and that makes sense to me.

:asian:

Well the math does nto work on me, but then it does not work on all those who have real high rep. So my guess is that the rep can continue to go up, but the displays either stop, or after five, the 6th light green box is worth a whole lot. ;)

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Official Answer:

how the system works.

For each 1 green dot, you have 100 points
For each 1 bright green dot, you have 200 points
For each 1 red dot, you have -100 points
For each 2 dark red dot, you have -200 points

and there is a cap at 11 dots either way.

This is hardcoded into the software.

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
arnisador said:
I've got a wife and two kids to feed! Give generously!

"Let them eat rep.!"

:rofl: :lol:

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I would be great If rep points were tied to post you can't have more post than rep points that away If you don't like what people are saying then they would be limited because no one would give them any post.

Just kidding.

V/R

Rick Wade

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
yeah I understood the green box thing on my own but not until over an hour had pased and I couldnt go back and edit. But thanks for the explainations

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
Rick Wade said:
It would be great If rep points were tied to post you can't have more post than rep points that away If you don't like what people are saying then they would be limited because no one would give them any post.

Points, you mean? Well, if that were the way, then they wouldn't stay members long. They would have ten posts to be brilliant. Don't think that would work in view of trying to get more newbie members to post. ;) TW

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
Samantha said:
yeah I understood the green box thing on my own but not until over an hour had pased and I couldnt go back and edit. But thanks for the explainations
someone gave me negative rep for this, cant exactly figure out why...

I just dont understand some things...

Latest Discussions