What are Reputation Points and how do you get them?

beau_safken

Black Belt
Reaction score
Well I was mostly just being sarcastic more than matter of fact in the first place. But it sure gave everyone a little fun release in the afternoon.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
beau_safken said:
Well I was mostly just being sarcastic more than matter of fact in the first place. But it sure gave everyone a little fun release in the afternoon.

Hence why I replied like I did :D

It was fun picking back on you. ;)

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
beau_safken said:
Have I ever told you how cool you are Bob?

That Rich Parson's fella sure is a cool guy.

Lisa is mighty nice and dresses fashionably.

Shesulsa sure can melt ice from across the street, that hot.

MA-Caver Sure umm...Likes frogs and they are mega sweet.

Technopunk sure can umm...kick ninja's in the crotch with his awesomeness.

:D

You're such a suck..I'm neg-repping ya for forgetting me.

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OnlyAnEgg said:
You're such a suck..I'm neg-repping ya for forgetting me.

Be mean about it, give on positive and three negative to get the one negative effect but he feels your displeasure. ;)

I give it out one pos and one neg sometimes to get a half positive. :D

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
Be mean about it, give on positive and three negative to get the one negative effect but he feels your displeasure.

I give it out one pos and one neg sometimes to get a half positive.

Maybe I should; but, I've never given a neg rep. I'm not sure how it would make me feel.

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OnlyAnEgg said:
Maybe I should; but, I've never given a neg rep. I'm not sure how it would make me feel.

It makes you feel bad. :(

Bad for you or them I will not tell.

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
One easy way is to become a MT supporting member and we will all give you some cool rep points just ask Lisa, Gemini and shesulsa.

To cool for School

V/R

Rick

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rick Wade said:
One easy way is to become a MT supporting member and we will all give you some cool rep points just ask Lisa, Gemini and shesulsa.

To cool for School

:ultracool:boing1::wavey:

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Revised System:

Dark Green = 150
Light Green = 250
Gold = 800
Gold Stars = 10,000
Grey = 0
Dark Red = -150
Light Red = -250
Red Stars = -10,000

You can have a max of 5 Dk Green, 5 Lt Green, and 10 Gold Dots. When you hit that limit, you'll get a Gold Star, and "Start Over".

:)

Just a suggestion...

Sticky this particular post or do something else to make this list easy to find. I've looked before, and given up before I got far enough through this thread to find out what things mean.

fnorfurfoot

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've been looking up things about rep points and but I was thinking that it might be easier to just ask here.

When I look up my rep points under user CP, I noticed that I have two that are grey instead of green. Do these comments affect my rep or not? If I were to get a negative, would it be in red?

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've been looking up things about rep points and but I was thinking that it might be easier to just ask here.

When I look up my rep points under user CP, I noticed that I have two that are grey instead of green. Do these comments affect my rep or not? If I were to get a negative, would it be in red?

The blue/gray rep points are from new posters who have less than 50 posts, and they don't affect your rep at all; as far as points go, they are neutral.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Correct. Negative rep is red.

The gray means that the poster can make a comment about you should they choose, but they cannot influence your score for whatever reason.

fnorfurfoot

Senior Master
Reaction score
Will their comments go positive or negative once they have reached the 50 post mark or do they stay neutral because they weren't at that level at the time the comments were posted?

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Will their comments go positive or negative once they have reached the 50 post mark or do they stay neutral because they weren't at that level at the time the comments were posted?

Not on staff anymore, but I believe the answer is still no. It only keeps track of the value at the time given. So if I gave you one early on then later gained in pots and my own reputation the value I gave you then woudl be the same and not constantly changing. If I gave you a new one it would be at the new value.

Does that help?

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not on staff anymore, but I believe the answer is still no. It only keeps track of the value at the time given. So if I gave you one early on then later gained in pots and my own reputation the value I gave you then woudl be the same and not constantly changing. If I gave you a new one it would be at the new value.

Does that help?

Rich is correct. Plus a person's rep comment may show up as gray for reasons other than having less than 50 points...such as their reputation being disabled, or their own rep score being at zero or less. The only thing that counts is what the person's score/situation was when they offered the rep to you.

Latest Discussions