Walking dead...problems...

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Am I the only one who sees the irony in questioning the likelihood of "stealthy zombies" in a show based on the improbable premise of the dead getting up and shuffling around in the first place????:lfao:
Nope, you're not the only one. I myself am surprised at how seriously some folks are taking the whole premise of the show. There are some of us that plead to suspend disbelief and just enjoy the story while keeping both feet on the ground knowing that it's just what it is... a scary camp-fire story told in long form. Alas, some folks...
I enjoy the show and just ignore the improbability of it all. It does raise some morality questions that are good for discussions however.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Nope, you're not the only one. I myself am surprised at how seriously some folks are taking the whole premise of the show. There are some of us that plead to suspend disbelief and just enjoy the story while keeping both feet on the ground knowing that it's just what it is... a scary camp-fire story told in long form. Alas, some folks...
I enjoy the show and just ignore the improbability of it all. It does raise some morality questions that are good for discussions however.

As far as you know it's just a scary campfire story.......

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
MA-Caver said:

Yeah. I just gotta get me a 42 shot pump action shotgun like Hershel's....:lfao:

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
No no no.. it's not the shotgun, it's the shells. Instead of four 3 inch shells, he had loaded it with with 42 quarter-inch-long shells :)

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
SPOILER INFO below.. scroll past if you don't want season finale ruined.

So, I understand that Michonne has removed the arms and jaws of her pet zombies so they can not attack ... but I am dying to know why they are docile and not just bumping up against her TRYING to feed even though they are not equipped to do so.

I did some reading and found that exposure to someone for a period of time turns off their aggression — but toward that person or toward ALL people? The walkers weren't straining their chains to get at Andrea ... heck, hard enough to train my dogs not to do that. Or can zombies be rendered unaggressive period simply by extended proximity to a human being?

Do I want to know? Or will it be more fun to have those questions answered with the next season?

Great visual moment, thought: hooded figure, katana blade, pet zombies standing there all armless and relaxed ...

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Aww man you ruined it for me... oh wait, I saw the episode... never mind.

Michonne is probably the most unrealistic character they're going to have on that show. Nobody in their right mind is going to have a couple of pet walkers/zombies to drag around... for whatever reason.

Yah, Hershel's 42 shot gun was plain hollywood. Not to mention head shots from moving vehicles on un-even terrain.

Still I found it to be a good show and hope that the 3rd season will be just as good.

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I am surfing this thread with my eyes closed. We do not get last episode until this Friday Mar 23. I will return :D

gardawamtu1

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
SPOILER INFO below.. scroll past if you don't want season finale ruined.

So, I understand that Michonne has removed the arms and jaws of her pet zombies so they can not attack ... but I am dying to know why they are docile and not just bumping up against her TRYING to feed even though they are not equipped to do so.

I did some reading and found that exposure to someone for a period of time turns off their aggression — but toward that person or toward ALL people? The walkers weren't straining their chains to get at Andrea ... heck, hard enough to train my dogs not to do that. Or can zombies be rendered unaggressive period simply by extended proximity to a human being?

Do I want to know? Or will it be more fun to have those questions answered with the next season?

Great visual moment, thought: hooded figure, katana blade, pet zombies standing there all armless and relaxed ...

There is a reason they are more docile, but you'd have to read the comics ...

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Jenna, don't worry, we won't tell you that ------- did------- or that -------was-------or that -------- was really amazing when they ------- and -------- the --------.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
spoiler discussion ahead...

I haven't read the comic book...er...graphic novel...so I have only heard about the sword person from my brother. Is the reason she wears the little cape thing with the hood to break up her outline for the zombies and do the two zombies on the leashes keep other zombies from picking up her scent?

Funny, this little month is called "March Madness," because so many people are obsessed with some guys throwing a ball through a hoop, a children's game, and yet the people discussing this topic are the ones who are supposed to be odd...

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Michonne is wearing the coat/hood because they havde just recently casted the actress, but that episode was filmed last fall with a stuntwoman in the role.

Look at the cover for WD #19 and the cap from the episode. It's close but not all the way there.

96487-18166-106801-1-the-walking-dead_super.jpg
9a1c04a2ef6a5f3fe90c83076e98eb63133bb145-Michonne-The-Walking-Dead.jpg

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
If anything Michonne makes her debute tonight. There's gotta be another big death and somebody tries to leave the group and is rescued by her. But I expect the rescue will close the episode like it did the issue then set up the Warden and the Jail for next season.

Just had to quote myself from yesterday see as I was 100% correct.

Oh, and btw, that opening 22 mins had to be the most balls out, hardcore 22 mins on TV since the last episode of 24. I had to put the kids out the room seconds flat into the episode.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Funny look at making the walking dead a better show...

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-reasons-the-walking-dead-has-to-get-better/

It's taken two full seasons, but they've finally done it: The Walking Dead has run out of Red Shirts. The aftermath of the farm scene left both Patricia and Jimmy dead -- two characters I had to actually look up to see if they had names, because I kept referring to them as "the guy that doesn't matter" and "the blonde girl that's not the other blonde girl."

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
They're wrong on a few accounts (and yeah, I know it's supposed to be tongue in cheek).
1. They'll never run out of red-shirts
2. They killed Shane, okay, right, so there's still Tyreese, and other bad or bad assed, customers as well as Michonne, though she won't be 100% what the comic has her written out to be. Her definite bad-assery will stay, according to interviews with the producer and the writer, just as a character traits won't be spot on in the show.
3. They moved from the farm, yay, about time too. Now into a maximum security prison. 2 rows of chain-link fence isn't going to hold out forever. Lets hope they got an escape route planned. Increase in weaponry sure, but lets hope that the guards didn't expend most or all of it when the ka-ka hit the fan inside the prison. That kind of plague you can't keep out of anywhere.

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Anyone know when S3 is due to air?

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Sometime in October. Filming is supposedly will start in May.
Goodness that is a long wait!!

I have not read any of the stories in print and but I wonder, since you are an "insider"! do you have any clues about Merle (Daryl's brother) and does he ever return? And in what form! :D

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
They're wrong on a few accounts (and yeah, I know it's supposed to be tongue in cheek).
1. They'll never run out of red-shirts
2. They killed Shane, okay, right, so there's still Tyreese, and other bad or bad assed, customers as well as Michonne, though she won't be 100% what the comic has her written out to be. Her definite bad-assery will stay, according to interviews with the producer and the writer, just as a character traits won't be spot on in the show.
3. They moved from the farm, yay, about time too. Now into a maximum security prison. 2 rows of chain-link fence isn't going to hold out forever. Lets hope they got an escape route planned. Increase in weaponry sure, but lets hope that the guards didn't expend most or all of it when the ka-ka hit the fan inside the prison. That kind of plague you can't keep out of anywhere.

There's a whole prison and small town of red shirts waiting to get eaten.

Prison means the story really hits it's stride. The Warden, a couple really big deaths including main characters. One of the main characters looses a limb (wonder how they are gonna do that in the show on a weekly basis?).

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I just started watching this show the other day. Its pretty good for TV I was impressed. Makes me want to go out and buy a few more guns and a pick ax

sfs982000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
There's a whole prison and small town of red shirts waiting to get eaten.

Prison means the story really hits it's stride. The Warden, a couple really big deaths including main characters. One of the main characters looses a limb (wonder how they are gonna do that in the show on a weekly basis?).

I was curious how they're going to handle that myself. The show has already diviated from the comic (which is ok with me in my opinion), so some of the key story lines/deaths could be pushed out and/or changed completely (like in Shane's case). I can't believe I have to wait until freaking Oct for the new season.