Walking dead...problems...

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Goodness that is a long wait!!

I have not read any of the stories in print and but I wonder, since you are an "insider"! do you have any clues about Merle (Daryl's brother) and does he ever return? And in what form! :D
I'm far and away from being an "insider" just my sources are the same as any other avid fan of the show/story. That roamersandlurkers.com is where I get the bulk of my info. Some also comes from AMC website.
As for Merle, it is said that he will make an appearance during season 3 but not precisely when. I suppose he'll be there in human form, seeking vengeance and as shock/cliff-hanger at the end of one of the episodes. It'll be interesting to the followers because of his younger brother Daryl (no, the OTHER one named Daryl
wink3.gif
) will have to choose sides between his brother/family and the group/new-family. How they'll deal with that will be very interesting indeed. Daryl is one of the top 3 favorite characters of the show, lots of people are loving his red-neck attitude towards the apocalypse survival scenario. He's one of my favorite characters and Norman Reedus does a very good job playing the part.

There's a whole prison and small town of red shirts waiting to get eaten.

Prison means the story really hits it's stride. The Warden, a couple really big deaths including main characters. One of the main characters looses a limb (wonder how they are gonna do that in the show on a weekly basis?).
According to the author/creator/writer of the series, he regrets the amputation in the graphic novel, and it's possible since they've done other deviations that the character will keep the appendage in the show.

I was curious how they're going to handle that myself. The show has already deviated from the comic (which is ok with me in my opinion), so some of the key story lines/deaths could be pushed out and/or changed completely (like in Shane's case). I can't believe I have to wait until freaking Oct for the new season.
You're one of the few (myself included) that is not upset about the deviations from the graphic-novel/comic story line(s). Many comic purists are decrying the changes. The comic (which I've read only sparingly) is very graphic compared to what's been seen on the tv show thus far. The show is graphic as it is for television and I'm constantly amazed at what they've been getting away with as far as gore, sex, language, thematic elements.

sfs982000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You're one of the few (myself included) that is not upset about the deviations from the graphic-novel/comic story line(s). Many comic purists are decrying the changes. The comic (which I've read only sparingly) is very graphic compared to what's been seen on the tv show thus far. The show is graphic as it is for television and I'm constantly amazed at what they've been getting away with as far as gore, sex, language, thematic elements.

I'm sure that with anything based on a comic series you're going to have your purists that will decry any changes like you said. I enjoy them both equally and seperately, being a zombie fan-boy I'm just happy that they got it on the small screen. I agree with you in the sense that it amazes me with what they get away with as far as the graphic content with the show. I think until the new season airs I'm going to concentrate on collecting the graphic novels to catch up on the comic series, I have the first 2 and a few individual issues, but I'm way behind on the story line in the comics.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
where can i watch season 2 online? i watched season 1 on netflix but they dont have season 2

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wait for the DVD or read the first couple volumes of the graphic novels.

We are in the few months of manufactured scarcity before the release of the DVD. Just like Disney pulls movies off the shelf for a few months to drive people crazy when they put them out (like Lady and The Tramp recently). In the same way you won't find the show on AMCs site or in reruns till close to release or start of the new season.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just a little morning spoiler for you guys. Kirkman has confirmed that he's considering the Rick loosing his arm for the show rather than skipping it for TV!

[h=4]The Walking Dead[/h]Showrunner Glen Mazzara discusses some of what's ahead in season three:
The prison is a threatening presence in itself. The prison is a haunted house. The prison is not as safe as our group or the audience may want it to be. There is still a lot of danger always lurking within the prison and beyond the prison walls... Rick is a very strong leader. There's a lot of emotional baggage coming out of Season 2. And yet, all of the characters will develop in an organic yet surprising way...We're interested in exploring Carl as a child soldier in this war against the walkers. He's no longer the young child who needs to be minded. That Carl is gone. Now Carl is on a character path in which he becomes as instrumental to the group as Rick or Daryl (Norman Reedus) or anyone else.
They also look even further ahead to what the show will do beyond the third season. Robert Kirkman even seems to walk back his earlier declarations that the show won't cut off Rick's hand like he did in the comics, which I'm sure Andrew Lincoln is justthrilled to hear:
Yeah, and as we get closer to the story line, I don't want to remind people that I set things in stone like that. Constantly, we're up against things in the comics where it would be awesome if Rick could... oh, Rick can't do that, he only has one hand. That is something that I regret, but I wouldn't put it past us. I'm not ruling anything out. Season 3 is going to be pretty nuts.
It sounds as though the Governor and Michonne could be around long beyond the third season's sixteen episodes. There's tons more at the link.

http://io9.com/5922774/just-how-hardcore-is-the-walking-dead-going-to-get

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I would think that they would have a better grasp on what a perimiter is and how to set up watches. There is no reason a heard of zombies should be able to just "appear" un-noticed.

And wouldnt it be easy to set up sound distraction devices to draw these things off??

I always chuckle at how easy it is for all of these people to pull off head-shots. While running, while in moving cars, etc....lol!

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I would think that they would have a better grasp on what a perimiter is and how to set up watches. There is no reason a heard of zombies should be able to just "appear" un-noticed.

And wouldnt it be easy to set up sound distraction devices to draw these things off??

I always chuckle at how easy it is for all of these people to pull off head-shots. While running, while in moving cars, etc....lol!
Lols.. you are criticising the lack of firearm realism on a tv show that is about zombies? You are a tough audience my friend.. :)

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Lols.. you are criticising the lack of firearm realism on a tv show that is about zombies? You are a tough audience my friend.. :)

Well isn't the whole draw of these fantasies the "if this really happened" factor? People like to imagine about what they would do. If their cars could fly and suddenly aliens landed it wouldn't be the same "feel" the writers are going for. So expecting "real things" to behaive realistically in a fantasy scenario isn't THAT strange IMO.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score

The farm had a good perimeter defense. Fenced on 3 sides with a river on the 4th. The jail is well, a jail. The zombie attack on the farm happened because the watch fell apart. Shane lured Rick away in one direction while the other guys went looking for the escapee. The women and the old man were in the house watching the suicide case and Rick's son was also missing. You cannot cover all bases with 8 people.

Latest Discussions