USAT is a mess and lacking leadership!

OP
G

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Master Southwick....Herb is going to run roughshod over the Poomsae program!

Things need to change! The USAT will never be fixed! We need a new organization!

RSweet

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Master Southwick....Herb is going to run roughshod over the Poomsae program!

Things need to change! The USAT will never be fixed! We need a new organization!

Now Gorilla, Herb has already schooled you that you do FORMS! Your coach is not any good. The poomsae team loses! And Herb is a GRANDMASTER and a BOD Member - so he KNOWS and no one else knows anything about anything, so he has hired a new coach for them too. Herb only has their best interests at heart as they don't know anything and he knows everything. [wish there was a sarcasm font]

taekwondodo

Green Belt
Reaction score
Taekwondodo....go on ladytkd and see what Herb is posting about Poomsae....this is your newly elected BOD member!

They smile in your face and laugh behind your back! Very Sad!

Poomsae players are very dedicated and are the spirit of our Martial Art!

USAT SHOULD FUND POOMSAE!!!!!

I was there.

I had a goal in mine and I was being happy and stupid and interviewed him. My philosophy when I go out for an interview for a job, I interview the interviewer.

My thought is: Give me few good reasons to join your company. Same thing with electing a candidate: Give me few good reasons to vote for you.

His response and lack of response shows a lot about him and it edified what others has said about him I gave him the benefit of the doubt and wanted to hear from his own mouth.

He revealed his true character and it shown to others who he truly is.

Fortunately, he is only default “interim” ie.. 6 months BOD. However, he might wiggle his way to be a permanent BOD for the next 4 years after the interim period is over. USAT will be in a bad situation.

Now, back to the NGB issue. USAT is the ONLY recognized NGB that the WTF and it’s the ONLY route me and my friends have to go to the Pan Am and the World Championship. There is no other alternative route.

I do not like it but that is how it is. If I follow your suggestion and quit my membership at USAT, which organization will offers me the route to compete in Poompae at the World level?

Whose vision am I following? Is the vision is mine or is it yours? Yours will not be going anywhere mine is going somewhere. At least mine is going somewhere.

Therefore, I have to fight for a better organization and for a better future for others and for my kids. If I follow your advice and quit, then there isn’t anything left.

Quitting is not in my traits.

RSweet

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I was there.

Whose vision am I following? Is the vision is mine or is it yours? Yours will not be going anywhere mine is going somewhere. At least mine is going somewhere.

Therefore, I have to fight for a better organization and for a better future for others and for my kids. If I follow your advice and quit, then there isn’t anything left.

Quitting is not in my traits.

Back in the mid-90's Guy Poos created USA Taekwondo (yes they stole the name) and he had his own nationals and he did a lot of great things. We left and we did what we thought was right. Needless to say, that didn't work out as well as we hoped and when we had returned after a year absence, the state president had appointed state officers who didn't meet the bylaw requirements (no doubt he would have done it if we were there), he created a mockery of what a state should be. We then had to rally and toss him out. Cost him a lot a money as the $10K he used to buy votes didn't work. Bottom line, you are right. The only way to change them is from within. Said by the non-member, but they will never defeat me. I was vindicated when it came out in the Section 10 that I was telling the truth. Of course, it doesn't mean that you need to register your non-competing members until things straighten out more.

OP
G

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Taekwondodo.....I never suggested that you quit...we certainly have not quit still a member...still vote...still work behind the scenes for change...when I made my comments I was not thinking of Poomsae...clearly you have no options outside of the USAT to make national teams that compete at worlds....we compete in karate and support that NGB...we support AAU in Tkd... My daughter has made that team 4x's...my son is going to fight at team trials in November...it has provided allot of support for our athletes including international competition...

I feel bad that you have to compete in an organization that is so corrupt you deserve better...

Latest Discussions