USAT BOD Elections

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
The election for the Transitional Board of Directors will begin on Thursday, July 19, 2012.

Hope those affiliated with USAT will vote.

Given that several of the initial candidates have since withdrawn their candidacy, the only two seats up for election are the Coach... Director and the Referee Director. For the Coach Director, Angel Aranzamendi and Brandon Meek are the two candidates running for the one open seat while Anne Chase and Elva Adams are the two candidates running for the Referee Director. Brian McCutcheon and Herb Perez have been elected as the Club Directors given they are the only two candidates who are still running for the two open seats.

The ballots will be emailed to eligible voters as well as posted on USA Taekwondo?s website at http://www.usa-taekwondo.us. Please return the completed ballot to the U.S. Olympic Committees Audit Division by email ([email protected]) or fax (719.866.4191) by no later than Friday, August 3, 2012 at 11:59pm MDT. If submitting by email, please enter USAT Elections in the subject line.

With respect to the ballots, please note the following (also included in the ballots):

By signing the ballot (or by typing initials), you certify that you are the individual listed and that it is the only vote that you have cast for these elections. Per USAT Bylaws Section 5.2, individuals may only vote in one category. Any individual who submits multiple votes in one category or across multiple categories will cause all votes submitted by that individual to be determined invalid.

Votes will be determined invalid if all the information included in the ballot is not completed or if the information above does not match USAT records.

Once the elections are completed, the Board as elected will select the open Independent Director seats and they will begin their term as the Transitional Board of Directors.

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
I will be supporting Brandon Meeks for Coach BOD.

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Posted on Facebook by Tim Thackrey (7/19/2012 @ 2:15PM)

Hi everyone,

I don't normally post here, but if you could take a moment, I'd appreciate it.

--
With the election finally underway, I wanted to pass on a quick note and experience I had with one of the candidates. Thank you for your time -

-Ok, so I’m sitting at Collegiate Nationals in 2010 with Brandon Meek and he tells me he has a big dream to help people.

I told him I thought that was great, and wanted to know what the details were and if I could somehow help him.

Then he told me he wanted to help the future athletes in taekwondo through running for the BOD for USAT.

Cue the image of me spitting coffee out of my mouth. #disbelief

Literally the next 5 hours of my day were filled with me explaining to him how it would be a major time suck, and it’s my belief that the USAT Board is structured to make sure nothing of importance can actually happen or change.

He said he understood my opinion but still thought he could make a difference. I tried to picked apart his platform – not based on it being illogical, but on based on every banana peel that would be thrown in front of him and what he would do.

The thing is, he was really sincere about this, too. I had to ask him if he had been paying attention to everything that was going down and had went down. Yup, unfortunately he was well informed.

He’s aware of how much work is in front of him.

He knows it’s going to be a complete drain on other parts of his life.

But skip forward a couple of years and I still haven’t been able to talk him out of it.

He finally got me to go from ‘what the heck are you thinking’ to ‘ok, let’s make this happen’. He hasn't wavered from his original values since he put his big, hairy, audacious goal out there. #belief

He’s honest, he’s sincere, and even in the face of something that seems insurmountable (to me at least), he is sticking by what he said and isn’t being deterred.

And that’s probably the 1 thing that you really need to be on this Board.

Unfortunately it’s not experience, and it’s not medals – USAT would be in a different place by now if a combination of that would fix the larger problems.

But it’s not.

I don’t have a pitch, I only have my opinion and experiences. You all have to weight yours.

Brandon is honest, sincere, and most of all, I do not believe that anyone will outwork him in this position.

That is why I’m voting for Brandon Meek for USAT Coaching Director. I hope you’ll find the reasons to do the same.

-Tim

Last edited:

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
has anyone recieved an email from USAT/USOC with thier ballot?

I have not yet. AND YES I AM ELIGIBLE.

I wonder Y I have not recieved anything from USAT or USOC?

I recieved an email from Aranzamendi with the ballots, but thats not how its supposed to work.

Also note, when i went to USAT's website it says:

SERVER ERROR
500 - INTERNAL SERVER ERROR.

RSweet

Blue Belt
Reaction score
A lot of people haven't. If you didn't get an email, use the links. Coaches - www2.teamusa.org/~/media/USA_Taekwondo/Documents/Board%20of%20Directors/2012%20Elections/2012%20Coach%20Director%20ballot.doc

referees - www2.teamusa.org/~/media/USA_Taekwondo/Documents/Board%20of%20Directors/2012%20Elections/2012%20Referee%20Director%20ballot.doc

Brandon Meek and Anne Chase are the only two candidates for any office, withdrawn or not, who have attended bod meetings for the last two years. They are already involved. Angel and Elva did not. Herb is supporting Angel and Elva. We need someone on that BOD who will stand up to Herb and call him on the wrongdoings. Brandon and Anne have already done that with cash, time, energy and by filing the Section 10. Vote for someone who you know has a proven track record.

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
A lot of people haven't. If you didn't get an email, use the links. Coaches - www2.teamusa.org/~/media/USA_Taekwondo/Documents/Board%20of%20Directors/2012%20Elections/2012%20Coach%20Director%20ballot.doc

referees - www2.teamusa.org/~/media/USA_Taekwondo/Documents/Board%20of%20Directors/2012%20Elections/2012%20Referee%20Director%20ballot.doc

Brandon Meek and Anne Chase are the only two candidates for any office, withdrawn or not, who have attended bod meetings for the last two years. They are already involved. Angel and Elva did not. Herb is supporting Angel and Elva. We need someone on that BOD who will stand up to Herb and call him on the wrongdoings. Brandon and Anne have already done that with cash, time, energy and by filing the Section 10. Vote for someone who you know has a proven track record.

Made the links clickable for you. Down load the ballots from the links below and simply email the ballots back to [email protected] and put USAT Elections as the subject (in the subject line).

Coaches - http://www2.teamusa.org/~/media/USA...2012 Elections/2012 Coach Director ballot.doc

referees - http://www2.teamusa.org/~/media/USA...12 Elections/2012 Referee Director ballot.doc

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
thanks for doing so.

You know this pisses me off even more.

That I am good enough to give money for a membership and waste my time supporting events and what not,

BUT NOT IMPORTANT ENOUGH TO BE NOTIFIED OR INFORMED BY USAT OF ANY ELECTION PROCESS OR SENT A BALLOT>

truly sad thing is, other than social media THAT I frequent, the ONLY 2 People who have contacted me personally and sent me the election information and ballots are....

Elva and Angel.

serious.

...should I feel guilty cause they are not my choice...

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
If you didn't get a ballot, and you simply use one of the forms above, your vote probably will not count, because you are probably also not correctly included in the USAT database. So you need to call the office and make sure they have your correct information and designation, and that they send you an email with the ballot. That is my suggestion, if you want your vote to count and not simply discarded by whoever.

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
PS: If you want things to change, then vote for Anne Chase and Brandon Meek. If you want the same group that is in there now, then vote for Elva Adams and Angel Aranzamendi. This election is clear cut that way.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
If you didn't get a ballot, and you simply use one of the forms above, your vote probably will not count, because you are probably also not correctly included in the USAT database. So you need to call the office and make sure they have your correct information and designation, and that they send you an email with the ballot. That is my suggestion, if you want your vote to count and not simply discarded by whoever.

funny you mention that. I tried calling before seeing your post. I didnt get an answer. just voicemail. probably at lunch. ill try aagain monday. I checked with my counterpart to whom the school is reg with USAT, nothing there either.

thanks for the advise.
good to hear from you

hungryninja

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Initially, I didn't receive an e-mail, so I downloaded the file from the website. After I submitted my vote, I received an e-mail from USAT, so it appears to be a bit slow.

has anyone recieved an email from USAT/USOC with thier ballot?

I have not yet. AND YES I AM ELIGIBLE.

I wonder Y I have not recieved anything from USAT or USOC?

I recieved an email from Aranzamendi with the ballots, but thats not how its supposed to work.

Also note, when i went to USAT's website it says:

SERVER ERROR
500 - INTERNAL SERVER ERROR.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
as of right now.... no email from anyone except from angel

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
but hey... i have gotten all the emails asking for donations to support team usa personally written by TJ and Diana...

troubleenuf

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I received mine and already sent it back. Not very optimistic about it though... Herby on the board is a HUGE nail in the coffin lid Im thinking.

RSweet

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I received mine and already sent it back. Not very optimistic about it though... Herby on the board is a HUGE nail in the coffin lid Im thinking.

Herbie may not have been voted in, but by Colorado law the club owners can vote him out. The key is to get enough club owners willing to do what is right to get the job done. By my count, based on a club list as sent to the club candidates a little over 300 club owners having a meeting and voting him out would do it. It would have to be a meeting called specifically for that purpose. I have an idea of each state calling a meeting, all on the same date and time and skyping together to record the vote from their state. Just a thought. If you want him gone badly enough, do something. I know the 1988 Olympians are talking to the USOC, but that may not be enough. Getting the 300 or so club owners to vote him out is legal and he can't do a thing.

Latest Discussions