*** UFC - THE ART OF THE FIGHT ***

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Some people understand Bruce Lee and some don't posting everywhere he is fake and and made false claims about himself and even his own as per say were trying to shut him down.

Its been what nearly 50 years or so and his teachings and system is still being practiced - Jeet Kune Do Athletic Association » Sifu Singh

I only wish I could train with sifu Singh but his in Toronto and I'm on the other side of the world but they use all the knowledge that Bruce left handed down, books and movies with his hidden teachings and knowledge.

Here for those that think all is fake.................

Yep all fake LoL

Most people like yourself just dont have a clue or know what you are talking about. There are to many juice heads, stuck in the mud martial art wannabes LoL

Seriously how many black-belts can even really defend themselves in a street fight?

They don't have it in them they cant think quick or read a fight?

Aggh for get it m8 the internet, pfftt........ time for a beer LoL

Although this thread is now derailed and off topic, and I cant edit the thread first post to adjust and better explain the intent and purpose this needs to change so a post can be better improved or updated.

Why are they locked?

Well thanks for your kind words sadly the internet is allot of fun but yep I agree the malice aggressive nature and temperament spoils the possible discussions you could have in a nice forum like this.

One of my other interests is gaming and flight sim forums they all go down hill and people make a mess because they don't follow a simple rule of life - "Live and Let Live" simply put leave people alone.

Just give people the freedom to be and allow them to just talk without jumping all over them.

Its not a perfect world but a little patience and tolerance goes along way in making friends online and then by listening you might learn more about the person and the subject itself.

Anyway no fuss no foul - cheers all
Right. And those are all demonstrations on compliant partners. Again, even if he was the best fighter to ever live, there is no evidence of that in any of these videos.

Look, the reason I posted that is that your post seemed to be putting these movie clips forward as evidence of fighting skill. That makes you either dishonest or naive, your choice.

Fact is I'm a big fan of the man's philosophy vis a vis fighting and martial arts. He was way ahead of his time conceptually, yet if we are to take movie scenes as indications of real life badassery van dam and seagal, vin deisal and the rock would all be some of the toughest men to ever live. Turns out, they too are actors.

OP
FighterTwister

FighterTwister

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Right. And those are all demonstrations on compliant partners. Again, even if he was the best fighter to ever live, there is no evidence of that in any of these videos.

Look, the reason I posted that is that your post seemed to be putting these movie clips forward as evidence of fighting skill. That makes you either dishonest or naive, your choice.

Fact is I'm a big fan of the man's philosophy vis a vis fighting and martial arts. He was way ahead of his time conceptually, yet if we are to take movie scenes as indications of real life badassery van dam and seagal, vin deisal and the rock would all be some of the toughest men to ever live. Turns out, they too are actors.

What the heck does that mean LoL

Its fact and spoken within JKD circles!

Sadly, the JKD martial arts is kept mostly in the dark and its almost forbidden as an art form in the 21st century LoL

Bruce Lee was and still will remain a martial artist teacher of Wing Chun - Jeet Kune Do and Master amongst those of us who have trained in the style of martial art.

He privately kicked butt in challenges and thats all she wrote, believe it man!

Did "I or You or Anyone for that matter" create a book on personal street fights or school yard fights, if any?

No, so what are we talking about M8!

He created movies to educate and show the world his style that was his ambition not his drive to be an actor.

But this thread was not about that in its intent and purpose read post 11# *** UFC - THE ART OF THE FIGHT ***

It has been derailed and off topic!

So care to constructively join the threads intent with your input? ;)

Enough said!

Last edited:

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score

Sadly, the JKD martial arts is kept mostly in the dark and its almost forbidden as an art form in the 21st century LoL

Bruce Lee was and still will remain a martial artist teacher of Wing Chun - Jeet Kune Do and Master amongst those of us who have trained in the style of martial art.

Did "I or You or Anyone for that matter" create a book on personal street fights or school yard fights, if any?

He created movies to educate and show the world his style that was his ambition not his drive to be an actor.

But this thread was not about that in its intent and purpose read post 11# *** UFC - THE ART OF THE FIGHT ***

Enough said!
Sorry but what? JKD is not forbidden in any way shape or form. He had one known challenge match which the outcome is debatable.

His movies you know why he made them,...to make money for his family that's why he made movies nothing to do with teaching.

Martial D said that those movies don't show if he was a good fighter or not which is correct they don't. Also you do know Tao of JKD wasn't a book written by lee it was thrown together from a bunch of notes in lees office. Also he wasn't a master of wing chun as he had a couple of years training of it and didnt learn all the forms.

Look bruce lee was a legend a great martial artist but you seem to be one of those who holds him up as a god who could do know wrong and believe he could beat anyone without getting hit which is wrong.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score

Enough said!
What does that mean? I thought I was clear enough. You presented movie scenes as though they were evidence of fighting ability. That leaves two logical interpretations.

A) you believe that

B) you don't believe that but you want the readers to.

OP
FighterTwister

FighterTwister

Blue Belt
Reaction score
This is called Trolling...............

giphy.gif

More of eluding the intent of the thread read post 22 again and 11

Nothing constructive offered ! ;)

Cheerio LoL

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score

giphy.gif

Cheerio LoL
No it isn't its called a discussion. Just because it's not going the way you want it doesn't mean anyone's trolling

OP
FighterTwister

FighterTwister

Blue Belt
Reaction score
No it isn't its called a discussion. Just because it's not going the way you want it doesn't mean anyone's trolling

..................... More of eluding the intent of the thread read post 22 again and 11and 1 as well.

Nothing constructive offered, again then ! ;)

Oh boy, do you actually study martial arts or like enjoying winding conversations with no real input of your own.

Tell me something give input to the above.............. just something worth discussing then Please?!

Last edited:

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score
..................... More of eluding the intent of the thread read post 22 again and 11

Oh boy, do you actually study martial arts or like enjoying winding conversations with no real input of your own.

Tell me something give input to the above! .............. Just something please!
Oh grow up do you? You're posting movies as proof someone can fight. There's nothing to say to your thread because all you've done is post movie clips and a bunch of bruce lee quotes...what's there to say about that. What's your input been? Hey guys look at this actor playing bruce lee fight a guy playing wally jay in a movoe

OP
FighterTwister

FighterTwister

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Oh grow up do you? You're posting movies as proof someone can fight. There's nothing to say to your thread because all you've done is post movie clips and a bunch of bruce lee quotes...what's there to say about that. What's your input been? Hey guys look at this actor playing bruce lee fight a guy playing wally jay in a movoe

..................... More of eluding the intent of the thread read post 22 again and 11and 1 as well.

Tell me something give input to the above.............. just something worth discussing then Please?!

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score

Oh boy....I can't stand people who come on here saying do you know martial arts...yeah they do that's why they're on this forum.

There's nothing to discuss here this is just you being a bruce lee fanboy all you've done is post some dialogue from enter the dragon....this is all we can really say about what you've posted..

Oh yeah great movie

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score

Nice copy and paste off you last post.

This is a discussion people are discussing if bruce lees philosophy works or not then you come on saying he had a bunch of challenge matches people discus that. You're saying people are posting with no real input....man you posted that he had a bunch of challenge fights then posted movie clips as examples of them.....what Input does that have?

Whatever I'm done with this thread

OP
FighterTwister

FighterTwister

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Oh boy....I can't stand people who come on here saying do you know martial arts...yeah they do that's why they're on this forum.

There's nothing to discuss here this is just you being a bruce lee fanboy all you've done is post some dialogue from enter the dragon....this is all we can really say about what you've posted..

Oh yeah great movie

It's very simple really, I'm trying to establish good conversation that discusses "The Art Of The Fight" so by reading post 1, 11 and 22 you could offer some really good reading and discussing dialog.

Its all wasted silly energy trying to trump me and for what exact purpose again, your attempts not mine.

Here to start a good DISCUSSION but..................

My guess is people don't know then, sad really!

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's very simple really, I'm trying to establish good conversation that discusses "The Art Of The Fight" so by reading post 1, 11 and 22 you could offer some really good reading and discussing dialog.

Its all wasted silly energy trying to trump me and for what exact purpose again, your attempts not mine.

My guess is people don't know then, sad really!

Really good reading.....lol big headed much.

Just reread both and nope nothing worth discussing. All you've done in post 22 is fanboy over bruce lee and ma_student even discussed that post but you dismissed it because it's not what you wanted to hear.

You want to have a proper discussion post real stuff not movies, no one here cares about what movies say.

People don't know what? You haven't asked anything all you've done is quote bruce lee that's literally all you've done and say about he kicked butt in challenge matches. Everyone knows and understands his philosophy it's been around since the 70s everyone gets what he was on about

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score

giphy.gif

Cheerio LoL

Nothing substantive in either of those posts. My point stands though, which is it? Do you believe the movie scene fight sequences you posted in the original post are representative of actual fighting ability, or do you not?

OP
FighterTwister

FighterTwister

Blue Belt
Reaction score
See you guys don't know!

Lets get it straight this is a Martial Arts Forum hence my post and what my aim is! :banghead:

HERE ARE SOME CLUES I"M NOT GOING TO DO ALL THE WORK BUT ALLOW YOU TO THINK FOR YOURSELVES...................

Example clue 1:-

“Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy’s resistance without fighting.” –Sun Tzu

Example clue 2:-

“It is useless to fight against people’s rigid ways, or to argue against their irrational concepts. You will only waste time and make yourself rigid in the process. The best strategy is to simply accept rigidity in others, outwardly displaying deference to their need for order. On your own, however, you must work to maintain your open spirit, letting go of bad habits and deliberately cultivating new ideas.” –Robert Greene

Now bring it to me guys, just bringing it......................................... ;)

Last edited:

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
See you guys don't know!

Lets get it straight this is a Martial Arts Forum hence my post and what my aim is! :banghead:

HERE ARE SOME CLUES I"M NOT GOING TO DO ALL THE WORK BUT ALLOW YOU TO THINK FOR YOURSELVES...................

Example clue 1:-

“Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy’s resistance without fighting.” –Sun Tzu

Example clue 2:-

“It is useless to fight against people’s rigid ways, or to argue against their irrational concepts. You will only waste time and make yourself rigid in the process. The best strategy is to simply accept rigidity in others, outwardly displaying deference to their need for order. On your own, however, you must work to maintain your open spirit, letting go of bad habits and deliberately cultivating new ideas.” –Robert Greene

Now bring it to me guys bringing it......................................... ;)
Hello, wall.

I'm done.

OP
FighterTwister

FighterTwister

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hello, wall.

I'm done.

LoL but you never started...............more of eluding the intent of the thread read post 22 again and 11and 1 as well.

You just don't know just admit it, but I'm no fool here LoL

OP
FighterTwister

FighterTwister

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I have no idea what's going on in this thread.

"Unfortunately I'm locked out of post #1 and cannot adjust and add what the threads intent/purpose was about, to open a good discussion adding to whats in post #11 combining #22 and #1

You should be allowed to modify your posts at any one time for this very reason.

So to get to the point what do you practice as a martial art, do you do any sparring, do you enjoy hand to hand combat at all, competition fights, and are you partnered in any way where you practice moves etc

If so then explain your tactics, strategies entry points give explanations, use articles, videos, notes, reasons, pictures, illustrations on the points I address in post #11 based on post #1 as a How to Theory and Philosophy to Bruce Lees method that I titled - "The Art of the Fight"!

Its really not that hard to understand and provide constructive discussion on a 1 vs 1 hand to hand unarmed combat situation is it?

If you respect the above please join in and share, if you don't well sadly its a missed opportunity for something I saw as a great discussion point on my part.

To some extent I rushed post #1 and did not give it to much thought I actually thought it was clear enough............to make out of it a good discussion, it maybe my fault in not clarifying post #1 from an audience perspective, so sorry for that. :blackeye:

Cheers

Last edited:

Streetfighter2

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Philosophy in martial arts is a load of rubbish people use to sound clever when they can't actually fight at the end of the day what matters in a fight is how well you can fight not much fortune cookie wisdom you remember