The Proper Use of Wealth

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Naa I just need better reading skills lol. I just didnt get where all that came from I though you flipped you rocker and were arguing with imaginary posts.

I'm Jewish of course I can argue with myself!!

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I care very much what the bankers do with their money
Really, so the Man who broke the bank of England, being deeply involved in liberal politics concerns you?
Does Warren Buffett's loud mouth about raising taxes on the rich, thus supporting Obama's goals, and his ownership of the Burlington Northern railroad, which is going to profit hugely since President Obama denied the building of the Keystone pipeline not sound a little like quid pro quo?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really, so the Man who broke the bank of England, being deeply involved in liberal politics concerns you?

To be honest I don't know what you are getting at. is it because he's Jewish? Your liberal politics aren't the same as ours, as far as we are concerned he looks every bit the conservative. Other than that I don't see your point.

I thought I had made my point clear, that the RBS was one of the banks that had to be bailed out with tax payers money, we own over 80% of it and the bankers from there are getting million pound bonuses despite making a loss. Am I not supposed to be concerned that these people are getting bonuses from tax payers money?

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
To be honest I don't know what you are getting at. is it because he's Jewish? Your liberal politics aren't the same as ours, as far as we are concerned he looks every bit the conservative. Other than that I don't see your point.

I thought I had made my point clear, that the RBS was one of the banks that had to be bailed out with tax payers money, we own over 80% of it and the bankers from there are getting million pound bonuses despite making a loss. Am I not supposed to be concerned that these people are getting bonuses from tax payers money?

No, because he's a banker, he screwed the Bank of England, royally, and reaped huge profits while doing so, that isn't something that concerns you? His politics, while liberal means different things on either side of the Atlantic, notwithstanding, aren't something that should be looked at?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, because he's a banker, he screwed the Bank of England, royally, and reaped huge profits while doing so, that isn't something that concerns you? His politics, while liberal means different things on either side of the Atlantic, notwithstanding, aren't something that should be looked at?

In 1992 the Conservative government with it's usual 'I know best' attitude made a massive cock up, he profited from their negligence, well that's the Tories for you. What do you think should have been done?

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
In 1992 the Conservative government with it's usual 'I know best' attitude made a massive cock up, he profited from their negligence, well that's the Tories for you. What do you think should have been done?

I don't know, but, when someone worked that hard to screw people over, I watch what he does and says. Don't you?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know, but, when someone worked that hard to screw people over, I watch what he does and says. Don't you?

I don't think he had to work hard actually, the Tories made it easy for him. It's probably a matter of opinon whther he screwed the country over or the Tories were hugely negligent and allowed people to profit from that. You leave the chicken coop door open you can't blame the fox for taking the chickens.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Wednesday

Latest Discussions