The Drifting Argument Thread

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
if my memory is correct Tom and Hanna had some really horrible acting in that movie. and john Candy is well ....John Candy he is the same in every movie he ever did. funny but predictable.

To me....Tom Hanks played a guy just like a young Tom Hanks, which is exactly what I think the role called for.
But I thought Daryl Hannah did a wonderful job playing her role. I'll watch that flick any time it's on.

Anarax

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
To me....Tom Hanks played a guy just like a young Tom Hanks, which is exactly what I think the role called for.
But I thought Daryl Hannah did a wonderful job playing her role. I'll watch that flick any time it's on.
Yeah, it's a fun movie to watch. Eugene Levy was hilarious in it, he's so underrated

Anarax

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
220px-Funerary_siren_Louvre_Myr148.jpg

small little glitch in your theory,,,Sirens where half bird not fish.
Siren (mythology) - Wikipedia
thus they would lure men to their island with song..ie a song bird.
Depends on the source you use. They are depicted in art as woman/bird and woman/fish. Refer to this article with questionable "accuracy " that validates my already held belief.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Speaking of legs..... my knee hurts....my snow blower is broken.... and we have another Nor-Easter on the way....and my driveway is huge...so there will be much shoveling and likely much more knee pain......and I hate daylight savings time too.....

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Speaking of legs..... my knee hurts....my snow blower is broken.... and we have another Nor-Easter on the way....and my driveway is huge...so there will be much shoveling and likely much more knee pain......and I hate daylight savings time too.....

Some Driftless Cheese to go with that whine..... :p

0df3fe9e8f7ccaacf82445b748f34871.jpg

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I’ll fix your little red wagon...

OP
hoshin1600

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
i made the mistake one day of telling my wife that i love legs, to which her reply was "well why did you marry a short Asian women then?"

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yeah, it's a fun movie to watch. Eugene Levy was hilarious in it, he's so underrated

I agree, bro, I have so enjoyed watching that man work. Makes me laugh aloud, he does, such a wonderful character actor. Eugene levy has been on screen forever. I just looked it up, since 71. That's something right there.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
i made the mistake one day of telling my wife that i love legs, to which her reply was "well why did you marry a short Asian women then?"

If your reply wasn't along the lines of "legs don't have to be long to be nice" then you failed that little test ;)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I’ll fix your little red wagon...

You just can't keep it on topic can you...look this is how its done......I never talked about a red wagon but I once saw a Redbone hound with its tail wagging.... and he was in a wagon..... but it wasn't red and the hound couldn't read and when I was young I use to sit and read in my little red wagon.... but I didn't read in my little red wagon and it was never broken so it never needed fixing..... like my snow blower...which is orange...and in need of fixing...but I'm not sticking my hand in there to fix it....even though it is orange....I like oranges...but if I eat to many I get itchy.....but that is what happens with any citrus fruit...and you know citrus fruit grow in Florida and I'm going to go to Florida in a few months and that is why I hate flying

If your reply wasn't along the lines of "legs don't have to be long to be nice" then you failed that little test ;)

Well that is a highly questionable comment that is only a matter of opinion....unlike the statements of fact I make...and I know there facts...because I say so

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You just can't keep it on topic can you...look this is how its done......I never talked about a red wagon but I once saw a Redbone hound with its tail wagging.... and he was in a wagon..... but it wasn't red and the hound couldn't read and when I was young I use to sit and read in my little red wagon.... but I didn't read in my little red wagon and it was never broken so it never needed fixing..... like my snow blower...which is orange...and in need of fixing...but I'm not sticking my hand in there to fix it....even though it is orange....I like oranges...but if I eat to many I get itchy.....but that is what happens with any citrus fruit...and you know citrus fruit grow in Florida and I'm going to go to Florida in a few months and that is why I hate flying

What really frightens me....I actually understood that.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Well that is a highly questionable comment that is only a matter of opinion....unlike the statements of fact I make...and I know there facts...because I say so
I don’t have to put up with this you know! I only do this because I like to be me own boss!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I don’t have to put up with this you know! I only do this because I like to be me own boss!

Yeah, I know...my boss is on vacation....so I too am my own boss...for a few days.... last time my boss went on vacation he went on a cruise...and at times the ship was drifting........there.... back on topic.....back to drifting....I knew I could do it....I do a lot of things you know.... I even shovel my driveway....to avoid drifting......and you thought I was going off topic again.....see I got it right back to drifting.....which is something they do in cars during a race..... I like cars....my favorite car was my first car which was a big Buick...it was green....which is also in the nick name of the Fenway Park in Boston...the Green Monster.... I once parked my green car next to the Green monster to go to the clubs on Lansdowne street.... that was when I was dating a redhead with green eyes.....she was an artist.....she drew a great still life of a red delicious apple..... red I am told is a popular color for little wagons.....which occasionally need fixing if they are broken....and usually after a night on Lansdowne street I was broke....and the only fix for that was to go to work and deal with the boss I had at that time.... I was an auto-mechanic then....i didn't like my boss....he broke my tool box once.....it was a red toolbox.... that I never fixed...since it as not a wagon....but I did fix a station wagon or two back then......I never owned a station wagon..... but I did own a Buick....... it was green...but my next car was blue...that was also a Buick.....I had an accident one winter, during a blizzard, on an overpass of the Mass Turnpike.... I hit a snow drift..... spent the night at friends house that night and the next morning my entire car was buried in a snow drift.... I had to shovel it out...now my fingers are tired and my brain hurts..... kind of like the Gumbys of Monty Python

Last edited:

Latest Discussions