Taking opponents out quickly

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hand Sword said:
I don't know about the eyes alone. From what I've seen, attacking them first isn't enough to take someone out quick. They need a follow up to assist in that. I've seen liquids thrown into them, spit spat into them, pokes, rips, etc.. and even with the eyes shut, or blinded the fights continued. I'd think of them as the first of a few steps.

Hello, The "eyes" may be choice to attack(if available). We practice muliple/continuous hitting until we need to stop. We practice taking you down including stomping/head kicks, all the fun stuffs. Kempo is fun!

Yes the "eyes" may not stop you? ....running aways is always better? ...Thank-you and Aloha

L

loanbanker

For me it would be eyes and solar plexus. I am not a big fan of groin strikes (unless attempting to crack the pubic bone). I have been kicked in the groin several times in real life fights and I am not convinced of the effectiveness. Yes it hurt, yes it was at times almost debilitating but all times the fight continued and I was able to be effective.

So with that said,, I guess a groin strike with the intention of a break would work, but for me,, eyes eyes eyes.

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
I guess it would depend on your ultimate goal - to get away from the attacker, to knock them out, to temporarily cripple or if you life depended on it - to kill (obviously a last resort).

My preference has been a strike to the throat to stop an advancing opponent or kicks/insteps to the knees to get the opportunity to leave the situation and not have a follower.

I have never been one to favor a groin kick. I have taken a pretty good (accidental) shot from a student. It hurt, but actually gave me a bit of aggression and adrenaline. I think had it been an enemy, I would have wanted to go after them with that anger. I have head some tactical instructors compare a groin kick to spraying mace in a “hopped up” dug addict’s eyes. It may blind them, but it makes them mad and even more dangerous!

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
I agree about the groin as a target. I've seen them ripped to hell, with no ill effects to the victim. They do get angrier, and come at you much more intense. Plus, the groin isn't as easy to hit, fully, as a lot of people think it is. Most men learn how to protect that area very young!

Latest Discussions