Street Fighter vs Martial Artist - if both have 10 yrs exp, who will win?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well he can't fight in parks or parking lots or on roads , even avenues are off limit

What about cul de sacs?

I take it though fighting in Street itself is permissible until the local bobby catches you. So, so silly if you don't have to fight.

PS Street is a very nice town in England.

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
One of my training partners and I were debating today about who would win in a NHB contest between a veteran street fighter and a veteran martial artist, if both contestants have 10 years of experience. I say the street fighter will win. My brother over here says the martial artist will win. What are your thoughts?
My thoughts? After 25 years of exposure to the martial arts, this is the kind of discussion you have? Really?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It hasn't, it just becomes tiresome listening to Americans talk as if they are the only country on the planet.

Painting with kind of a broad brush there, Paul.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
One of my training partners and I were debating today about who would win in a NHB contest between a veteran street fighter and a veteran martial artist, if both contestants have 10 years of experience. I say the street fighter will win. My brother over here says the martial artist will win. What are your thoughts?

To me this question is the same as asking who will win in a gun fight the guy with the Glock or the guy with the colt...it all comes down to who is faster and/or had more luck or simply who can take a punch better

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Impossible to even speculate unless you define "street fighter", "martial artist", and "NHB" more precisely.

By "NHB", do you mean a match under modern MMA rules? a match under the older, more permissive NHB/Vale Tudo rules? a true life or death fight with guns and knives or whatever?

By "streetfighter" do you mean a professional criminal predator who (like any smart violence professional) relies on surprise, superior weaponry, superior numbers, etc to gain the upper hand in violent encounters? Do you mean a maladjusted individual with anger issues who spends Saturday nights getting drunk and picking fights in the bar parking lot?

By "martial artist" do you mean a mild-mannered guy with a desk job who burns off some extra calories by kicking the air at the local McDojo two nights a week? Do you mean a professional MMA fighter? Do you mean a Iaido practitioner who has performed thousands of repetitions drawing and cutting with a sword?

What if the martial artist has a background in streetfighting? B.J. Penn grew up fighting on the streets and only started training BJJ after his dad shipped him to the mainland to keep him out of trouble.

What if the streetfighter has martial arts training? Tank Abbott had extensive practice fighting in bars before he entered MMA, but he also had a solid foundation in boxing and wrestling.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
For those wondering the differences

Street fighter
sf_characters_1main.jpg

Martial Artist
video_game_archetypes__chinese_martial_arts_master_by_the4thsnake-d4gc9z2.png

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
[QUOTE="Tony Dismukes, post: 1832928, member: 7524]

Do you mean a maladjusted individual with anger issues who spends Saturday nights getting drunk and picking fights in the bar parking lot?
[/QUOTE]

I'VE BEEN FOUND OUT!!!!

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The martial artist generally wins. And we can look at guys like Tank Abbot and Kimbo slice and their proffesional fighting career.

Then we can look at street fighters like Mark Hunt who got trained up. And look at their careers.

And we can we can look at fighters with very little street fighting and their careers.

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The last Street fight involved two men at a gay bath house

Attachments

• SF2RED--Street Fighter II Champion Edition Red Wave bootleg_Aug27 18_53_15.png
    SF2RED--Street Fighter II Champion Edition Red Wave bootleg_Aug27 18_53_15.png
    25 KB · Views: 87
OP
Mou Meng Gung Fu

Mou Meng Gung Fu

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Since they are of equal skill and the martial artist has no style then by default they both suck! When someone says they have no style it means..... the martial artist isn't really a martial artist except in his or her deluded mind and the street fighter by default thinks he is a street fighter is also deluded there for both would not fight or who cares what two LARPERS do!

Notice how Oaktree throws subtle messages into his posts, deliberately insulting me and my training partners whilst masking his indirect (and shady- perhaps even cowardly) comments behind a wall of statements to make it appear on-topic, within bounds and completely harmless. This is yet another "indirect" attempt to annoy me ever-so-slightly until I get angry and finally decide I've had enough. Oaktree is intentionally trying to push my buttons in order to get me banned for lashing out, even if I lash out in self-defense (lol). That is a very sneaky way to be towards people, so I don't trust anything or believe anything Oaktree says on this forum. In fact I'm beginning to wonder if he's even a martial artist (lol). Mister Oaktree or whoever you are hiding behind that ridiculous picture of two kissing lesbians (way to present yourself on the internet in full view of children and minors btw- some professional you are lol), just because a martial artist has no style it does not mean they suck. Many great fighters in MA history claimed to have no style, and I'm willing to wager that every single one of them didn't suck as bad as you suck, so please don't be rude or disrespectful, as I too have no style. Also, having no style doesn't make you deluded. Being stuck to a style makes you deluded. Want proof? Watch the UFC (mhm, I rest my case). Third and finally, have you ever watched European LARP videos? Hell, they train harder than you and their larping is even more realistic (lol). But I digress. You're not even worth it. Sorry to be so frank. Maybe you'd prefer me to stick to my 'fortune cookie' speak instead. Lolololol

Last edited:

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Notice how Oaktree throws subtle messages into his posts, deliberately insulting me and my training partners whilst masking his indirect (and shady- perhaps even cowardly) comments behind a wall of statements to make it appear on-topic, within bounds and completely harmless. T
Actually my comment was about two nerds in my hypothetical conversation.
Oaktree is intentionally trying to push my buttons in order to get me banned for lashing out, even if I lash out in self-defense
I wouldn't want you to get banned I enjoy your posts actually they are entertaining.
so I don't trust anything or believe anything Oaktree says on this forum.
Even the story about me and the police officer's daughter in china and how I got the nick name Cao cao great story!
Mister Oaktree or whoever you are hiding behind that ridiculous picture of two kissing lesbian
I love this picture! I can't find it again!!! Its of Ah sa and ah gil!

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
(way to present yourself on the internet in full view of children and minors btw- some professional you are lol
I know and a priest and a teacher for shame!
just because a martial artist has no style it does not mean they suck.
Well that is your opinion.
Many great fighters in MA history claimed to have no style
***crickets chirping***:rolleyes:
I'm willing to wager that every single one of them didn't suck as bad as you suck, so please don't be rude or disrespectful, as I too have no style
Who are these semi-sucking no name style martial artist again?

Also, having no style doesn't make you deluded

***crickets chirping***:rolleyes:
Want proof? Watch the UFC

Oh that sports competition looks like they do a mix of Bjj, thai boxing and other mixed martial arts with rules in a ring wearing speedos.
Third and finally, have you ever watched European LARP videos
No I play D &D like a real nerd.
Hell, they train harder than you and their larping is even more realistic (lol
Well since I don't train to Larp I guess they do train harder than me at larping.
But I digress. You're not even worth it. Sorry to be so frank

I must have been if you wrote such a lengthy reply. :kiss:

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score

Ahhh the old Logan vs Silver Samurai debate.

Latest Discussions