Street Fighter vs Martial Artist - if both have 10 yrs exp, who will win?

Mou Meng Gung Fu

Purple Belt
Reaction score
One of my training partners and I were debating today about who would win in a NHB contest between a veteran street fighter and a veteran martial artist, if both contestants have 10 years of experience. I say the street fighter will win. My brother over here says the martial artist will win. What are your thoughts?

Last edited:

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'll say the street fighter will win. Besides combat training, most martial artists also train

- MA for health,
- performance,
- self-cultivation,
- inner peace,

which will take training time away from combat training.

Old saying said, "When 2 persons meet in a dark alley, the one with the most courage will win."

In fighting, courage > strength > MA ability

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Depends. Can you tell us more about your fictional street fighter and your martial artist? Was the street fighter an orphan? Did he spend some time in the clink?

What style of martial arts does our martial artist train in? How old is he? What is his LDL level?

Need the info.

OP
Mou Meng Gung Fu

Mou Meng Gung Fu

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Depends. Can you tell us more about your fictional street fighter and your martial artist? Was the street fighter an orphan? Did he spend some time in the clink?

What style of martial arts does our martial artist train in? How old is he? What is his LDL level?

Need the info.

Hmmm... Well...

We were suggesting completely even odds. Same height, same weight, same cholesterol balance, same age, same reach, same blood type, same fitness, same last names, same everything (lol). Both are veterans. One of them is a street fighter. One of them is a martial artist. Both of them (whether coached or not) have learned to capitalize on the precision, power and overall effectiveness of their skills through years of experience. Neither one of them has a style, nor believes in the notion of styles. So who will win?

Last edited:

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
A pointless discussion which any martial artist knows there's no guarantees In a fight one punch can end a fight. Anyone can beat anyone on any different day it's not about skill or toughness it's simply luck

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Is the martial artist in this example not trained for the street? Not trained to fight? Is he a tournament player? A forms competitor? A black belt with a lot of red stripes and trophies? Need more info.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The one that wins is the one that wants to more than the other. We've had this 'discussion' many times on here, there is no answer. it's one of those things that people chat about when they've had a few beers and want to sound as if they know what they are talking about.

Paul_D

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
One of my training partners and I were debating today about who would win in a NHB contest between a veteran street fighter and a veteran martial artist, if both contestants have 10 years of experience. I say the street fighter will win. My brother over here says the martial artist will win. What are your thoughts?
If Manchester United play Manchester City who will win, I say Man Utd, and I'm right. Then next week the same two teams play each other, with the same players in the same positions using the same tactics but this time Man City win.

How many times do the teams have to play before we decide which team is the best, 1, 10, 100?

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Because of course there are no other countries on our planet other than the USA. We all live there and we all have access to guns.

Grasshopper, you have reached enlightenment! Welcome.

So sorry you feel the USA has so attacked your inner being. :(

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hmmm... Well...

We were suggesting completely even odds. Same height, same weight, same cholesterol balance, same age, same reach, same blood type, same fitness, same last names, same everything (lol). Both are veterans. One of them is a street fighter. One of them is a martial artist. Both of them (whether coached or not) have learned to capitalize on the precision, power and overall effectiveness of their skills through years of experience. Neither one of them has a style, nor believes in the notion of styles. So who will win?
So it could be a street fighter who picks fights on the street with 8 year olds vs a martial artist who learned by watching youtube videos of no touch knock outs?
Since they are of equal skill and the martial artist has no style then by default they both suck! When someone says they have no style it means they A.did not train very long in any style so did not get very far in learning and or B. most likely took pieces from different styles without understanding why those styles did that in the first place.
So because the martial artist isn't really a martial artist except in his or her deluded mind and the street fighter by default thinks he is a street fighter is also deluded there for both would not fight or who cares what two LARPERS do!

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Go watch the first UFCs, or check out old Vale Tudo films.

Typically, the untrained brawler/Street Fighter gets stomped by Muay Thai and Jiujitsu guys.

The Great Gigsy

Orange Belt
Reaction score
If Manchester United play Manchester City who will win, I say Man Utd, and I'm right. Then next week the same two teams play each other, with the same players in the same positions using the same tactics but this time Man City win.

How many times do the teams have to play before we decide which team is the best, 1, 10, 100?
Regardless of the result Manchester United is always the better side.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
What if the martial artist is a street fighter? And is that like, an occupation? Can I put "street fighter" on my resume and get a job in the tech industry?

How do you define street fighter?

Geezuz. Just...geezuz.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
What if the martial artist is a street fighter? And is that like, an occupation? Can I put "street fighter" on my resume and get a job in the tech industry?

How do you define street fighter?

Geezuz. Just...geezuz.
well he can't fight in parks or parking lots or on roads , even avenues are off limit

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

If they fight willingly, both lose.

The winner is the person who keeps their head on straight and chooses to walk away rather than fight. And I'm not being all morally correct and philosophical here. I mean it literally. Fighting is dangerous and risky to all participants. Not fighting is nearly always the better choice.

If they are forced to fight by whatever circumstances one can imagine for such things, the one who wins will be determined by forces other than those described. There is no way to make a accurate prediction of an outcome.