Stan and Ollie

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
jsut watched the movie of 2 actors playing laurel and hardy on their final tour of the U.K. The last time they ever worked together and man it was honestly such a moving film. I've loved laurel and hardy all my life and the 2 actors play them perfectly. There's some good comedy and funny moments but the last 10-15 minutes are extremely moving. It genuinely bought me to tears. It was their final performance a slow motion of the famous laurel and hardy dance for fans of them. Then before they were worried if hardy could do it because of his health.

It's not an action movie or a romance movie or any of that but it's a story of love between 2 men not romantically but love as friends. After hardy died laurel never worked again, he simply couldn't do it.

If anyone here are fans of laurel and hardy then watch the movie. Even if your not I'd recomend it just as a great story.

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
You are showing your age.;) What is the name of the movie? I would love to watch it.
its literally called stan and Ollie. The 2 look and sound as close to them as you can get. Personally I wouldnt mind them making new content as them they're that good, the film itself showed a funny sketch of them at a train station and they're looking for each other and keep missing each other. If you can't find the whole film just watch the last scene.

But this is the trailer

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Great trailer. I had no idea that was John C. Rielly until it showed his name. Impressive makeup job.

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Great trailer. I had no idea that was John C. Rielly until it showed his name. Impressive makeup job.
Yep his was pretty perfect. Not that Steve coogan wasn't but I think he had the harder job because laurels voice was so unique. But yeah I say the final scene is one of the best movie endings ever. This is it below if you want to see it now. It's great how this film could introduce new audiences to 2 people over 100 years old. Also the fact they barley made any money through their careers because they never got a share of the profits their films made

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
jsut watched the movie of 2 actors playing laurel and hardy on their final tour of the U.K. The last time they ever worked together and man it was honestly such a moving film. I've loved laurel and hardy all my life and the 2 actors play them perfectly. There's some good comedy and funny moments but the last 10-15 minutes are extremely moving. It genuinely bought me to tears. It was their final performance a slow motion of the famous laurel and hardy dance for fans of them. Then before they were worried if hardy could do it because of his health.

It's not an action movie or a romance movie or any of that but it's a story of love between 2 men not romantically but love as friends. After hardy died laurel never worked again, he simply couldn't do it.

If anyone here are fans of laurel and hardy then watch the movie. Even if your not I'd recomend it just as a great story.

I've been wanting to see it.

I grew up watching re-runs of Laurel and Hardy.....damn shame that most young people never have seen them.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I've been wanting to see it.

I grew up watching re-runs of Laurel and Hardy.....damn shame that most young people never have seen them.
used to be a thing during summer TV specials
Back in the day when there were 3 channels...and actually dead air time!

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'll definitely see it. Watched Laurel and Hardy all the time as a kid. My dad had a friend, Jerry, who was a projectionist at a Drive In movie, this was back in the fifties. Jerry used to come to the house and bring Laurel and Hardy reels. We watched them on the wall of the living room, took up the whole wall. it was awesome.

And that trailer from the movie - that's a good looking film.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched a fair amount of Laurel and Hardy growing up. I'll definitely want to see this movie.

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I watched a fair amount of Laurel and Hardy growing up. I'll definitely want to see this movie.
It's a great movie, there's a good comedy moment where they check into a hotel and it plays a but like one of their sketches and another at a train station which is obviously just put in for fun but yeah there's those moments and there's a sketch they do which wasn't a laurel and hardy but it was in the same tone of them and worked well. As I've said also the ending is truly emotional. It's not a side splitting comedy there's funny moments but it's quite a sad film in a lot of ways to

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'll definitely see it. Watched Laurel and Hardy all the time as a kid. My dad had a friend, Jerry, who was a projectionist at a Drive In movie, this was back in the fifties. Jerry used to come to the house and bring Laurel and Hardy reels. We watched them on the wall of the living room, took up the whole wall. it was awesome.

And that trailer from the movie - that's a good looking film.
It's out now on DVD it's quite cheap as well I picked it up for 7.99

Latest Discussions