SKK Combos

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
#41:
As the opponent punches move the centerline balance back ( Cat Stance?? I don't pause here for it I just move right through it)trapping the hand between swords. roll the punch CW pulling the hands to your R/side waist. At the same the the hands trap/block the punch the L/foot ball kicks the body. As you step down step CW turning to 9:00 trap the punch on your L/side with Monkey Palm applying a wrist lock. THe R/arm swings downward past your right side striking their arm, breaking the elbow. R/hand delivers an arcing downward knifehand to the neck followed by a R/Ax kickto the back...head, etc...

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Right,
Your feet are not moving when hitting at that time of the contact, but the feet do need to shift as movment takes place with your hands.
Kosho
I always agreed with this until the first time I saw Iceman Liddell Knock somebody out...backing up with one foot in motion...Like somebody posted elsewhere...there is always an exception........

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
#41:
Step outside the punch using a cross palm block/whipping ridge hand to the temple, pull the R/hand to their wrist/driving L/Palm to the face turning the head extending their arm, turn CW trapping the arm with the L/arm (trapping in between the arm and body), continue to spin striking with a R/elbow to their head, jaw, behind the ear, etc...The R/hand does a downward sword to their neck forcing them to bend over trap their head against your body, R/rising palm to their r/ribs, as the same hand drops to their spine lift the L/leg with a driving knee into their body (again hitting their ribs), the cranes' positioned L/leg now delivers a side to their leg as the L/hand drives a braising palm off the back of their head....cross and cover....

MeatWad2

Green Belt
Reaction score
#41:
Step outside the punch using a cross palm block/whipping ridge hand to the temple, pull the R/hand to their wrist/driving L/Palm to the face turning the head extending their arm, turn CW trapping the arm with the L/arm (trapping in between the arm and body), continue to spin striking with a R/elbow to their head, jaw, behind the ear, etc...The R/hand does a downward sword to their neck forcing them to bend over trap their head against your body, R/rising palm to their r/ribs, as the same hand drops to their spine lift the L/leg with a driving knee into their body (again hitting their ribs), the cranes' positioned L/leg now delivers a side to their leg as the L/hand drives a braising palm off the back of their head....cross and cover....

this sounds like 42. I have it a bit differently though. I don't have a stirke to their head when you spin...I just have it as a redirection. I have the kick at the end as a scoop kick to the groin and spin out.

MeatWad2

Green Belt
Reaction score
#41:
As the opponent punches move the centerline balance back ( Cat Stance?? I don't pause here for it I just move right through it)trapping the hand between swords. roll the punch CW pulling the hands to your R/side waist. At the same the the hands trap/block the punch the L/foot ball kicks the body. As you step down step CW turning to 9:00 trap the punch on your L/side with Monkey Palm applying a wrist lock. THe R/arm swings downward past your right side striking their arm, breaking the elbow. R/hand delivers an arcing downward knifehand to the neck followed by a R/Ax kickto the back...head, etc...

i have the trap here as two open tigers mouths to the wrist. I have a right instep kick to the face instead of a ball kick to the body. I don't have any kick at the end.

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
this sounds like 42. I have it a bit differently though. I don't have a stirke to their head when you spin...I just have it as a redirection. I have the kick at the end as a scoop kick to the groin and spin out.
My bad....100% right should have labelled this 42....

MeatWad2

Green Belt
Reaction score
Number 43:

Step in with the left foot and use a downward knife block to the wrist. Turn. Right Palm strike to the temple, left palm to the ribs. Turn. Right palm strike to the back of the neck, left palm strike to the kidneys. Turn. Right palm strike to the temple and left palm strike to the ribs.

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
Number 43:

Step in with the left foot and use a downward knife block to the wrist. Turn. Right Palm strike to the temple, left palm to the ribs. Turn. Right palm strike to the back of the neck, left palm strike to the kidneys. Turn. Right palm strike to the temple and left palm strike to the ribs.

The above is similiar to the way i was taught this technique. If there was a technique that i truly dislike, this is the one. I have been shown the technique by at least a half dozen SKK Masters and they have all been different and with all the variations there has not been one that i felt comfortable with. Sure i have fun jumping through the air with tornado palms, but doing it on a uke,, nope. Excuse my ignorance on this one. It just doesn't seem to sink in for me
Jesse

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Number 43:

Do you have any vidoe of anyoen doing this technique? or maybe you could elaborate on "turn" plz.

-D

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Number 43:

The above is similiar to the way i was taught this technique. If there was a technique that i truly dislike, this is the one. I have been shown the technique by at least a half dozen SKK Masters and they have all been different and with all the variations there has not been one that i felt comfortable with. Sure i have fun jumping through the air with tornado palms, but doing it on a uke,, nope. Excuse my ignorance on this one. It just doesn't seem to sink in for me
Jesse

I agree with you Mr. Dwire, not something I would ever find myself doing. However, when this happens, I try to find a reason why it might be taught and what I come up with on this particular technique is that I may find myself in a position where I may have just taken a left cross or hook and in moving with the punch I spin away, and continue that spin right into the palm strikes. It teaches me footwork, coordination in spinning while maintaining balance and striking as I complete my movement, simultaneously, using the whole body to strike. It is very doubtful that I would continue spinning around the opponent.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this technique?

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Number 43:

Do you have any vidoe of anyoen doing this technique? or maybe you could elaborate on "turn" plz.

-D

I have seen video on this, but can't locate it at the moment. See if this helps, the turns are CCW 360d turns and there are three of them as you circle your opponent's body.

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
I have seen video on this, but can't locate it at the moment. See if this helps, the turns are CCW 360d turns and there are three of them as you circle your opponent's body.

I find that the only way to circle the persons body is if you miss on all the strikes. every strike hits the person on their left side of the body, so even if they are grazing hits and not full ones, their body should be turning. This is where i find getting around to their back is almost impossible. I too, try to find the meanings behind the techniques, but knowing the history of how some of these were created i have trouble believing sometimes that it wasnt just put in by accident at one time then given a #.
Jesse

MeatWad2

Green Belt
Reaction score
I think it might be teaching something that was briefly told to me as a sticky body principle. I am not sure though because I'm not well versed in it.

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
I think it might be teaching something that was briefly told to me as a sticky body principle. I am not sure though because I'm not well versed in it.

The sticky body principle that i have learned is Chi Sau. sticky hands which in our system means once contact is made the contact continues so to know where your opponent is going to move or do next.
Jesse

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Jesse
Jesse, I'd like to shake your hand on that!!! This is one technique that I never thought was streetworthy....though "interesting" to do on a training partner. Granted it helps to improve focus, timing and agility...

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Here's my version:
Double block...R/palm+L/sword (inside block), continue the R/hand circling motion and strike R/palm to the temple as you start the first CCW spin of 180...land (still in front of them) back to man driving a L/rear elbow to his floating ribs, Start your second spin CCW, R/hand braising palm to back of head, start next spin CCW another driving elbow with the L to the their L/kidney, One last CCW (now directly behind them facing them) striking with a R/upwards driving palm to the spine....

MeatWad2

Green Belt
Reaction score

Left foot is forward. Left hand does a 4 block with a simultaneous thrust punch with the right hand, to the rib. Parry with the left hand, right backfist to the temple. Left thrust punch to the ribs, left crosshand shuto to the throat. Use the left hand to help with the left foot sweep. Spin thru so that way you land with your left foot in a kneeling stand. Right elbow to the ribs and right backfist to the temple.