SKK Combos

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Thanks, it's not one of my favorites, but it does get the job done in a hurry. Now I have to go back and find the writeup on 19 :)

MeatWad2

Green Belt
Reaction score
Number 46 (against a left handed punch).

Step drag to a left cat stance. You are on the outside of their punch. Left hand does a monkey paw block. Step down with the left foot and do a right hand palm strike to the elbow and then follow up with a right palm strike to the side of the face. Right hand grabs the hair. Pull the head down into a right shin kick to the face. Inside leg reap to the opponent's right leg. Left leg scuff kick to the groin and land by the opponent's right ear. Left hand does a tiger rake to the face. Right hand follows up with an open tiger's mouth to the throat.

dpkempo

White Belt
Reaction score
Very similar to the way I do it. Instead of a left scuff kick to the groin I do a right kick to the groin before I land from the inside sweep. Then a left side kick to the face and land by the opponents right side. As a bonus strike I do a right crescent kick as I cross and cover after the tiger's mouth to the throat.
My students love it when I show them the ( as I call it ) Bonus strikes. That is any strike that happens accidently ( on purpose ) along the way to the next movement.

MeatWad2

Green Belt
Reaction score
DM 47:

Starts out the same as 46. It's against a left handed punch. Right foot steps out to the outside of the opponents left foot. Left foot draws in a cat stance. Left hand monkey paw block to the outside of their left hand and rotate under their arm. Right palm strike to the elbow followed by a right palm strike to the temple. Grab with the right hand their right rib area. Step in with the right foot and execute a hip throw. While they are on the floor, do a right tiger's mouth to the throat with a simultaneous inverted palm to the nose.

Does no one post here anymore?

karate-dragon

Orange Belt
Reaction score
We do it is posted originally with a few differences. When you pull back to the cat stance, you do a monkey grab instead of just a parry to pull them off balance. After the take down, with the arm locked up, we punch to the head (since they are locked up, their head is off the ground a bit, so a punch to the head slams the front of the head with the punch and then slams the back of the head into the ground. Gotta love Kempo). Then we lean back to brak or hyperextend the arm, and then spear hand to the throat.

MeatWad2

Green Belt
Reaction score
We do it is posted originally with a few differences. When you pull back to the cat stance, you do a monkey grab instead of just a parry to pull them off balance. After the take down, with the arm locked up, we punch to the head (since they are locked up, their head is off the ground a bit, so a punch to the head slams the front of the head with the punch and then slams the back of the head into the ground. Gotta love Kempo). Then we lean back to brak or hyperextend the arm, and then spear hand to the throat.

Don't have it with the arm locked at all. When you to do hip throw, we let go of the left arm because they will pull you down with them if you keep it locked up.

dpkempo

White Belt
Reaction score
After the right palm strike to the temple I kick to the face with the right leg from under their arm ( snap kick or a shin ). I then land in the center of both legs to block their left knee, then step back with the left leg and turn ccw about 180 degrees while applying pressure to the elbow and breaking the arm. They are being taken down face first.
It is a very effective takedown if you are on the outside of the arm and can get your foot in the center of both feet to control the legs. You can hyperextend their knee as well ( Bonus ).

MeatWad2

Green Belt
Reaction score
After the right palm strike to the temple I kick to the face with the right leg from under their arm ( snap kick or a shin ). I then land in the center of both legs to block their left knee, then step back with the left leg and turn ccw about 180 degrees while applying pressure to the elbow and breaking the arm. They are being taken down face first.
It is a very effective takedown if you are on the outside of the arm and can get your foot in the center of both feet to control the legs. You can hyperextend their knee as well ( Bonus ).

Is this your version of 47 or 46?

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have a different version of #45.
Defense against a right punch. Left foot steps to the outside towards 10:00 as you do a left open handed inside block. Right hand outside block with the palm up and rake your opponents eyes with your fingers. (Fan block or Windmill ). Right roundhouse kick to the inside of your opponents leg and step towards 12:00, as you land deliver a right elbow to the ribs.( you are on th eoutside of your opponents with both legs at this time.) Bring your left foot passed your right as you turn ccw and deliver a left elbow to the face and a right thrust punch to the ribs. Right foot steps behind opponent towards 2:00, with your back to your opponent deliver a left elbow to the kidneys. Snake your left arm under your opponents left armpit and tigers mouth to the throat. Drop to your right knee, opponent falls over your left leg. Trapping his left leg on top of yours you deliver a left punch and right palm to the groin simultaneously.
I believe that combos 45-50 were taught from the left side. I practice and teach all my combos on both sides.

Mine is very similar but after the kick i step more to 11:30, i do not have the thrust punch to the ribs, and the final strikes are a left back 2 knuckle or pheonix strike to the perenium and a palm strike to the bladder simultaneaously...the palm strike pushes towards the back of the knees directionally

respectfully,
marlon

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Actually they add a lot of substance to the curriculum. I do not know if your GM has changed a lot of the combinations but most of the techniques in the lower combo's are repetive principles with different #'s. if not groups.
6,7,8,9,12,14 kick sets - most from a standing position or with a knife block - combo 19 - just #6 with a add on. so now we are down to 19 techniques.
10 + 17 similiar principles.
21 + 26 same (dont get crazy most of you know what i mean)
1 through 5 all teach something different -- great techniques.
11 - one of my favorites
combo 13 is just combo #3 with a belt in your hand (that is if you do it with the belt block Left hand high (#3 block) right hand low - (looks like a punch to me)
15 - different - this technique alone is fun to change around for hours.
16 -- mmm, I like how i do it now more than trying to catch a punch.
18 - different (We do it off of a right kick)
I guess what i am getting at is who wants a person only up till black belt. All that means is that they are really good at basics. the real knowledge comes later on when it truly sinks into your body. Plus up to 40 you get to see a lot of what was influenced by Prof. Cerio and his teaching from Prof. Chow. The foot movements and body positionings after 26 real start making you move in ways you would not think of. David i am not trying to blast you here just answering your question on wondering if it adds substance. the higher numbers have hip throws, Small Circle Ju-Jitsu take downs - arm bars and breaks and so much more. Go to Matt Barnes Page, grab some of the techniques in the 40's and try them out, you will see some substance. Until then train hard in your combo's because and Grand Master Pesare says -- Give me 26 techniques and i will show you 260 moves.
Jesse

Good post Jesse,
how do you do 16 now...i have a dragon stomp to the advancing knee this checks the forward motion and allows for the palm trap at the wrist and elbow (really a good strike that palm trap)

respectfully,
marlon

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Number 43:

Step in with the left foot and use a downward knife block to the wrist. Turn. Right Palm strike to the temple, left palm to the ribs. Turn. Right palm strike to the back of the neck, left palm strike to the kidneys. Turn. Right palm strike to the temple and left palm strike to the ribs.

Slight difference
step with the left leg towards the center of uke's body with a left downward palm block to the wrist then a left palm to the temple (delivered much like a hook punch) then a left elbow to the jaw as the body shifts cw. right elbow to chin or nose striking upwards much more than back. the left leg steps behind uke and to thier center with a left elbow to the kidney the left hand reaches up and grab the face from behind and uke's right side pull the head back as the left leg steps to 12:00 (ccw) pivot into a left forward stance and deliver a right driving ridge to the throat.
not my favorite either, but no jumping around and i do not hate it. In one of the Villari videos he does it with out explaination in one of the little sequences of him moving that he has throughout his instructional video set and he does it with at least one jump at the end

respectfully,
marlon

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I agree with you Mr. Dwire, not something I would ever find myself doing. However, when this happens, I try to find a reason why it might be taught and what I come up with on this particular technique is that I may find myself in a position where I may have just taken a left cross or hook and in moving with the punch I spin away, and continue that spin right into the palm strikes. It teaches me footwork, coordination in spinning while maintaining balance and striking as I complete my movement, simultaneously, using the whole body to strike. It is very doubtful that I would continue spinning around the opponent.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this technique?

a variation of 39, perhaps, and it really works moving the opponents center while moving around them with out any grasping...moving like this with sticks in your hands has a very escrima feel to it...again not my favorite but i do not hate it. i still have a lot to learn and studying the combos always improves my kempo...especially the one i do not like

respectfully,
marlon
p.s. i have had this one for only about a year

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
That one sounds pretty interesting. I know for a fact that 45-50 are taught against left handed attacks.

i know many Villari schools teach the combos lefty after combo 45. But i have always learned them righty then i know that i must know my techniques both sides...and all the students i teach know that this is what is expected. Shihan Ingargiola expects it, also. He, btw, was taught with the combos lefty after 45 as well but does not retain that particular practice

respectfully,
marlon

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
DM 47:

Starts out the same as 46. It's against a left handed punch. Right foot steps out to the outside of the opponents left foot. Left foot draws in a cat stance. Left hand monkey paw block to the outside of their left hand and rotate under their arm. Right palm strike to the elbow followed by a right palm strike to the temple. Grab with the right hand their right rib area. Step in with the right foot and execute a hip throw. While they are on the floor, do a right tiger's mouth to the throat with a simultaneous inverted palm to the nose.

Does no one post here anymore?

sound like a variation of 35. i could not post for a while...time constrainst and now my next combo is 57, 59, 60, 63,68, 69, 73, 74, 93... so i wait.

respectfully,
marlon

dpkempo

White Belt
Reaction score
Mine is very similar but after the kick i step more to 11:30, i do not have the thrust punch to the ribs, and the final strikes are a left back 2 knuckle or pheonix strike to the perenium and a palm strike to the bladder simultaneaously...the palm strike pushes towards the back of the knees directionally

respectfully,
marlon

11:30 or 12:00 it's only a half hour, maybe you are faster than I am. lol. The thrust punch prevents him from falling towards you as you step around his back. It seems to work really well.

Latest Discussions