SKK Combos

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
This is a tough one to write up, but here goes ...

#36 -- (USSD, San Diego version)
- Fade back, left cat stance, upward cross block (right over left)
- Step out with left, deliver left dropping palm strike to the armpit, ribcage area, while right hand traps
- Left rises back up the arm to trap, right glancing palm to ribs, right glancing backfist to kidney
- Right leg swings through as right arm pulls back, hock opponents right leg while striking with right tiger's mouth to throat
- Right heel kick to opponents right ribcage
- Right axe kick to opponents left ribcage
- Step down on other side of opponent with right foot, kneel on ribcage with left knee
- Jump towards opponents head, turning 90d CW, landing with feet on sides of head
- Grasp opponents jaw, pulling chin up
- Deliver immortal man strikes to eyes

This is one that I can't see myself doing in a street altercation, other than the hock down, or dropping a knee on an opponent. I can't wait to go over this one with my new instructor to see the differences and applications that he applies.
Very similar to what I have..
My block usesa righr #1 ridge hand block with a left trapping monkey hand, step in and strikes same except for third strike we use chickenwrist to ribs opposed to backfist kidney, take uses whipping downward ridgehand,on the kneeling strike we deliver simulataneous palms to head and body, after the jump we strike with claws to face raking the face/immortals ending with a right foot cresent kick to the head/snapping the neck...

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'll be 56 next month, and even I can do it (where I learned it, we called it the steeping stool kick, tho). This is the only kick I teach that has both feet leaving the ground, and that's only as a finishing blow and/or for adjustment to a safer distance. In all fairness, when I first saw it I thought it was ridiculous for the street. Now, I'd use it in right circumstances.

I'm enjoying the thread, even tho I'm not really qualified to add much. So I hope you keep it up, guys and girls. :ultracool

stepping stool kick is different than a scissors kick. Some may use age others just abilities but the best part is, that its about Kempo and it changes to the ability of the person doing the technique. Some of my students can do the scissors, some just do a jumping front kick, some do the stepping stool kick, where others do a front ball kick with right then a back kick with left because if they were to jump they would never get back up from their fall..
Combo #36-- I also have it with the ridgehand. one thing to point out on this tech. when doing the second kick (axe to ribs) you should be trying to get his chest locked in between your right calf and left shin (person is lying on back) this way when you crush down with your left knee, his chest has no where to expand to hopefully breaking their sternum
Jesse

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
#37:
double downward palm blocks left the his wrist, right to his upper forearm...simultaneous strikes circling inward :left inverted palm to his right jaw, right whipping ridge/cranes wing strike to his left side neck...attempting to break his neck.circling behind him (CW)your right hand rakes up his face as you step to his left side creating an opening for him to fall backwards, as he falls past you strike his throat with a downward left sword hand...

MeatWad2

Green Belt
Reaction score
#37:
double downward palm blocks left the his wrist, right to his upper forearm...simultaneous strikes circling inward :left inverted palm to his right jaw, right whipping ridge/cranes wing strike to his left side neck...attempting to break his neck.circling behind him (CW)your right hand rakes up his face as you step to his left side creating an opening for him to fall backwards, as he falls past you strike his throat with a downward left sword hand...

USSD 37:

Left downward palm block to the wrist, right downward palm strike to the radial nerve. Left palm to the temple, right ridge hand to the temple, almost simulatneously...the left hand gets there a split second before the right.

I've seen a different version with the same beginning, but both strikes are ridge hand strikes to the temple.

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
USSD 37:

Left downward palm block to the wrist, right downward palm strike to the radial nerve. Left palm to the temple, right ridge hand to the temple, almost simulatneously...the left hand gets there a split second before the right.

I've seen a different version with the same beginning, but both strikes are ridge hand strikes to the temple.

I have the same ...

#37:

Wow, now that is different.

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
I have the same ...

Wow, now that is different.

This is my third version of it..
Originally, I was given the head strikes as palm/ridge hands to the temples...keeping the distance the last strike was a right hook to his left kidney then a hawk down ripping whatever was in your hands...
The second variation was only on the ending..
As you get behind him your left arm creates a cradle ( he ends up in the crook of your arm) for his head to rest in as you rip his face (drawing the bow) you press him with your left hand attempting to strike his neck with a knife hand....I had problems with my left shoulder trying to re-direct his balance/body weight back in the opposite direction. That is when this last version came to be....

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
This is my third version of it..
Originally, I was given the head strikes as palm/ridge hands to the temples...keeping the distance the last strike was a right hook to his left kidney then a hawk down ripping whatever was in your hands...
The second variation was only on the ending..
As you get behind him your left arm creates a cradle ( he ends up in the crook of your arm) for his head to rest in as you rip his face (drawing the bow) you press him with your left hand attempting to strike his neck with a knife hand....I had problems with my left shoulder trying to re-direct his balance/body weight back in the opposite direction. That is when this last version came to be....

Hope you didn't get the idea that I was doubting you. Just way different and brings so many thoughts into my head. That's why I like this type of thread so much. I try to break down the techniques to understand how they do or don't work and how I can make them work for me. This is good stuff.

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
ok another version: Lt dropping knife close to the wrist, then a rt dropping knife on the forearm close to the elbow (the strike is drawn in towards your centre). then left ridge hand to the temple and simultaneous rt ridge hand to the (lt side) of the neck. the lt hand rotates cw raking the face and the rt hand rolls into a trigger finger strike to the temple 9rt side)step cw with the rt leg behind the attacker (keeping contact back to back now) as the lt hand comes up under the chin and thje rt hand from the other side to then pull the attacker by the under jaw (new word i think)/ head backwards over the left shoulder for a throw

marlon

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
ok another version: Lt dropping knife close to the wrist, then a rt dropping knife on the forearm close to the elbow (the strike is drawn in towards your centre). then left ridge hand to the temple and simultaneous rt ridge hand to the (lt side) of the neck. the lt hand rotates cw raking the face and the rt hand rolls into a trigger finger strike to the temple 9rt side)step cw with the rt leg behind the attacker (keeping contact back to back now) as the lt hand comes up under the chin and thje rt hand from the other side to then pull the attacker by the under jaw (new word i think)/ head backwards over the left shoulder for a throw

marlon

Gees, I'm gonna have to print this stuff out and see if I can get through it ... Although I'm pretty good with visualization, I can't get this stuff working in my head ... LOL ... I'll see if I can get through it physically.

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
#37:

Going to say the beginning of this is almost identical to mine, but after the attempted neck break I rake the face LT hand, RT backfist to the face (this is the ending i've use and had been taught up to about 2 years ago.) Through Prof. I. he taught a continued ending from the back fist. After punch continue RT hand behind persons head and spin them around putting the back of their neck on your right should///snap. It is just so interesting how each instructor was taught something different or has added their own thing. Evolution at hand.
Jesse

SK101

Green Belt
Reaction score
DM # 36

The 1st palm is a whipping palm snapping from the chicken wrist block into the armpit. There is no block that gives more energy to a whipping palm then a chicken wrist block. They are exact opposites of each other so there is more chamber than if it were performed from another block.

The right shuto then right chicken wrist to kidney is a internal organ shift. By hitting the lower ribs from the front the kidney shifts backwards and then is hit from the opposite direction.

Does anyone have an extra reason for the immortal mans to the eyes after the jaw dehinge or is it just economy of motion deciding the strike?

SK101

Green Belt
Reaction score
DM #37

I have the short USSD version of this rather than the longer Professor I version. Left palm block followed by whipping palm to radial bringing the opponent down. Left palm to temple followed by right ridge to opposite temple.

You are trying to time the brain shift. The ridge wants to hit as the brain slides to the opponents left side and the fluids around the brain are on the other 3 walls of the skull.

I have heard this DM called the brain scrambler as well as the Milk shake.

SK101

Green Belt
Reaction score
DM # 38 -

Step into left bow and arrow stance with right palm block and left back punch to solar plexus. Pivot cw into left side horse stance with right back hand to nose then left palm to nose. Spin cw 270* into right half moon with right back fist to heart then left palm to heart.

Time your heart strikes to go in between the heart beats to make the heart flutter. If anyone knows how to time this please let me know.

At intermediate to higher ranks curl the 4 fingers like an upward leopard paw when performing palm strikes. This tenses the heel and knife edge of the hand. Early on it is safer to keep the fingers pointed so you don't accidently curl the fingers while palm blocking a kick.

SK101

Green Belt
Reaction score
I would like to see a new thread called SKK Forms where we take small sections of the forms and go over application and concepts of the forms starting from Pinan 1(Pinion 1) and working our way up.

Is there someone who knows how to start a thread who would like to start that thread?

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
DM # 38 -

Step into left bow and arrow stance with right palm block and left back punch to solar plexus. Pivot cw into left side horse stance with right back hand to nose then left palm to nose. Spin cw 270* into right half moon with right back fist to heart then left palm to heart.

Time your heart strikes to go in between the heart beats to make the heart flutter. If anyone knows how to time this please let me know.

At intermediate to higher ranks curl the 4 fingers like an upward leopard paw when performing palm strikes. This tenses the heel and knife edge of the hand. Early on it is safer to keep the fingers pointed so you don't accidently curl the fingers while palm blocking a kick.
Not sure if your B&A stance is my twist stance...but sounds the same....I step left foot forward into a twist stance, same palm block, I strike the backfist to right side of face to turn the head/ the palm follows quickly to catch the jawline snapping the neck the ending is the same backfist/bloodpalm to the heart...

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Some of this may just be a difference in terms, but here's mine ...

- Left foot moves into twist stance, while right #3 palm block and left back two knuckle punch to solar plexus
- Right back hand strike to nose, left palm strike to face as you spin CW 360d
- Deliver right backfist to heart, left palm strike to heart.

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
Not sure if your B&A stance is my twist stance...but sounds the same....I step left foot forward into a twist stance, same palm block, I strike the backfist to right side of face to turn the head/ the palm follows quickly to catch the jawline snapping the neck the ending is the same backfist/bloodpalm to the heart...

I am going to have to say your explanation of Combo's are the closest relation to my combo's. We must not be to far off the same tree around here.
Jesse

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
#39:
#4 block spinning 360 striking with a whipping backfist (right hand)to their face, left/right backpunch to their midsection, right roundhouse elbow to their face,left thrust punch to the midsection, right backfist to the face....footwork moves as needed...

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
This one is a bit different as well ...

- Right foot pivots back to horst stance facing 0300
- Downward left knifehand block
- turn CW 270d to right foot forward halfmoon stance, right swordhand strike to the neck
- Cannon fist (double thrust punch) to solar plexus/ribcage area
- Right wing to jaw
- Simultaneous right backfist to nose, left palm to solar plexus

Latest Discussions