Sifu is pissed off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Ironbear24

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't have time to just stop, all that time I am doing nothing I could be doing something to advance myself in martial arts. I want to become something big and quitting will do nothing to lead me toward that goal.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Do you see what you said there? You're still focused on "becoming something big"…. whatever that means… and frankly, you're never going to get there. It's still an external validation, which is the real issue here… you have no sense of internal validation at all. Taking time off to actually address that will mean that, when you come back to martial arts, you can approach them properly.

And, really, you don't have time to not do what you're doing? Does that even make sense to you? Not having time to lessen your schedule? Huh?

OP
Ironbear24

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
There are people out there who have been training literally since the age of 5. I have a lot of time to make for.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
No, you don't. You're not them. You're not in a race. There is no "end point". And frankly, dude, with your issues, you could have started at the age of 3 and you'd never catch them.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
No, you don't. You're not them. You're not in a race. There is no "end point". And frankly, dude, with your issues, you could have started at the age of 3 and you'd never catch them.
I have to strongly agree with not being in a race. The one thing I always try to get students to understand is to

1. Not compare themselves to other students
2. It's not a race, train at your own pace.

I don't like a lot of "Zen" and "personal development" talk when it comes to Martial arts but the truth is that there is quite a bit of personal development that goes on when training martial arts. It's one of the most selfish activities a person can do because it should be all about your development. At the same time it's also one of the most giving activities a person can do because once you (you in general) understand your own development you begin to see how important it is to help others develop as well.

I care more about being better than I was a month ago then about being better than someone else. If you (you in general) make your training based on someone else's performance then you'll run the risk of failing at your own performance.

Kenpoguy123

Purple Belt
Reaction score
There are people out there who have been training literally since the age of 5. I have a lot of time to make for.
Why so you can beat those people? Time means nothing there are people who start martial arts in their 70s honesty you've been traininh since you were a teenager but your attitude is still like a 10 year old beginner lets be honest you're not going to be a professional fighter you don't train at a fight school and despite all your gym work your out of shape and only lasted 15 seconds In a sparring match. Plus you shouldn't be a fighter if your ego grows even more these things will only get worse you'll have the "do you know who I am " mentality and that's even worse if your famous as people will constantly challenge, you're most likely not going to be something, the majority of martial arts experts aren't that famous they're known in their circles but that's it. Do you think any of us on this board are anything big despite training for years and years no we're not. Martial arts isn't about being famous it's about bettering yourself.

But in the end of the day you've had all the advice anyone can give and your attitude still sucks I'm very confident you'll get into more fights and I know if I probably said this to your face you'd get angry and try and fight me right now especially If some girls were there. Maybe you should just stick to weights and keep martial arts out of your life.

Here's your thing sometimes you act like a respectful martial artist saying you'll learn from anything then you're telling us you get into a fight because someone says karate sucks it feels like your respect stuff on here is just an act for us to approve you.

OP
Ironbear24

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
I wouldn't fight you over that. I'd be disappointed but fighting you over that would just be me proving you are right about me.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the title of the thread should probably 'Sifu is a very disappointed and frustrated man', I feel for him to be honest. He is obviously someone who cares for you, who wanted you to learn and grow yet you have disappointed him badly. He thinks you can be a better person.
He could have thrown you out without another word yet he's taken time to try to teach you but you made him spar with you, something I think he would rather have not done and still that hasn't worked. That man must have the patience of a saint, please don't disappoint him again, he's gold in a world of dross.

Kenpoguy123

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I wouldn't fight you over that. I'd be disappointed but fighting you over that would just be me proving you are right about me.
I don't believe it because you've had 2 fights over saying martiwl arts suck nothing even personal just martial arts in general and another one because you felt disrespected so yes I think you would want to fight me. I mean it'd never happen I've got enough common sense to awake from stupid situations like that

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh and if you really want to impress girls...make them laugh and listen to them. Muscles and 'strongman' poses turn women off because it shows that a man is too much in love with himself to have time for a woman and that he spends too much time in the gym doing that loving. Trust me I know.

MAfreak

Purple Belt
Reaction score
i told you so.
btw i still don't get how "sifu" and "gi" fits together.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its not like I was taking candy from children or beating up old grannies for their purses. I get that I did wrong here but cmon, I feel like you are given me just a little too much heat here.

I lasted an entire 15 something seconds, I got whooped on, I will admit it. At least I lasted the 15 seconds though, glass half full attitude right?

I'd say you're not getting near as much heat as you deserve, and you're certainly not showing anything remotely resembling maturity.
Your maturity glass is pretty much empty, and it's clear you've learned nothing.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Obviously the lesson is more cardio. No go do hill sprints.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

Bullies never want to fight people who can beat them. Bullies prey on those weaker than them.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ironbear, my brother, it would be easy to read and gloss over some of the things said. But look at it this way.....people you've never met, experienced, respected Martial Artists like Chris and Dirty Dog and JKS and Tez have taken the time to read things you've written, and taken even more time to respond with caring advice, same advice as your Sifu. You need to bookmark and go over that advice, because while seeming harsh, it comes from the heart.

We all have issues, we all work on them. I hope you do, too.

(and I hope your old sleeveless gi falls apart in the wash) :)

zanaffar

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Oh and if you really want to impress girls...make them laugh and listen to them. Muscles and 'strongman' poses turn women off because it shows that a man is too much in love with himself to have time for a woman and that he spends too much time in the gym doing that loving. Trust me I know.
Easy with that swole hate, bro! Our biggest muscle is still... our heart.

Spinedoc

Brown Belt
Reaction score

Agreed with this. Listen, Ironbear, this is what I was trying to say in my earlier post. UNTIL you have faced your personal demons and won that internal battle….knowing EXACTLY who you are, and being completely comfortable with who you are, any external battles are pointless.

If I were you, I would go to my sifu, and let him know this…..it sounds like he cares for you and is likely willing to help you……I would beg for forgiveness, and then work hard on YOURSELF for a while.

Forget about any race. There is no such thing in the martial arts….

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
You said you didnt beat this man up. If thats true than there is a trust issue between you and your instructor. Considering an anonymous person can make a phone call and he automatically assumes your at blame. Im speechless, especially with his means of trying to teaching lessons. I personally would expect more from an instructor. Its important to use your words. Not challenge your students to fights they dont stand a chance of winning.

Kenpoguy123

Purple Belt
Reaction score
You said you didnt beat this man up. If thats true than there is a trust issue between you and your instructor. Considering an anonymous person can make a phone call and he automatically assumes your at blame. Im speechless, especially with his means of trying to teaching lessons. I personally would expect more from an instructor. Its important to use your words. Not challenge your students to fights they dont stand a chance of winning.
His instructor did try to talk but ironbear kept talking over him that's why he challenged him because he wouldn't have listened to words

Status
Not open for further replies.