Sifu is pissed off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
So apparently an anonymous caller told him about "how I beat up a middle aged man who is out of shape." This led to a long talk about fighting and he asked me honestly is this a habit of mine.

I told him about the other two incidents and he told me to take off the top of my gi and give it back to him. Since he doesnt want the dojos emblem to be associated with me.

I tried to make my own case and explain to him but he just wouldn't hear it. He didn't even let me finish talking so I tried talking over him to get a word in and that just annoyed him.

So he said if you want it back, spar me for it. Obviously I was reluctant to do that because he is better than I am, I foolishly agreed to it. It turned out pretty bad for me, I got lots of bruises on my body and eventually I balled up when I got tossed to the floor to try and stop his strikes.

He kept telling me "You don't like that do you?" I tried to roll onto my feet and as soon as I did it was back to the floor again. I gassed out, I was angry and spent, I wanted to fight back, I wanted to hurt him because he pissed me off. No matter what I did though nothing worked, it was like drowning.

Nothing I did made it any better and just made it worse on myself. Finally he stopped, and he asked me "Was that a fair fight?" I told him "no it wasn't" he said "oh really!? Why isn't it fair?"

I said "because you're a better fighter." He said "so if you don't like that why are you doing that to other people, when you should know better than that?" I didn't know what to say. So he shouted again, "why are you picking fights with people weaker than you?"

I explained to him I didn't do that, then he said "ok, call me a chicken, call me some names and see what I'll do." I did and he said "So what. I don't care. See how easy that is?" Then he got close to me and said "Words do nothing, honor and pride are things you don't understand, things you shouldn't bother with. Right now all they are going to do is get you killed."

I nodded. He told me that if I wish to continue I can never get in fights again unless my life depends on it. No sparring with idiots at the gym or in its parking lot, and no fights with relatives or anyone.

When he feels I am more mature as he put it, he will give me back the gi jacket. Until then I have to either use just a t shirt or my old gi, but hey at least on the bright side my old gi has no sleeves and looks awesome.

I am honestly thankful I am still allowed to go back after all that. That was pretty scary and I've never experienced something like that before. It was pretty embarrassing too, luckily though he did it on a day only a couple of people showed up to class.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
So how is your perspective these days about fighting?

OP
Ironbear24

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
So how is your perspective these days about fighting?

It is fun to do but has consequences outside of the obvious ones such as getting hurt or hurting others. It gives you a bad image that negatively impacts how others feel about you.

I still don't feel the sparring at the gym was wrong, we both agreed to it but then again that wasn't the time or place for that as it made everyone who saw it uncomfortable. Which is why we were told to stop or be banned from the gym.

Plus now I can't help but feel that eyes are everywhere and if I hit somebody unjustifiable Sifu will jump out of a bush and groin kick me or something.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, now you have a very direct and negative consequence. I retract my possible support of future fights, due to this.

At least you can go sleeveless again. I laughed when reading that part.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Plus now I can't help but feel that eyes are everywhere and if I hit somebody unjustifiable Sifu will jump out of a bush and groin kick me or something.

Your perception of this is all wonky. Let me clarify for you: if you hit somebody unjustifiably, you CAN GO TO PRISON FOR A LONG TIME.

And even if it was justified, you better be prepared for the possibility that you are prosecuted or the other guy files a civil law suit against you. Even if you prevail, that will cost you a mint in both money and anxiety-ridden sleepless nights.

Worth it?
Fighting is ugly, nasty business.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't think he will do that. But I do think he will ban you from any future training with him. Are you prepared for that?

Kenpoguy123

Purple Belt
Reaction score
So apparently an anonymous caller told him about "how I beat up a middle aged man who is out of shape." This led to a long talk about fighting and he asked me honestly is this a habit of mine.

I told him about the other two incidents and he told me to take off the top of my gi and give it back to him. Since he doesnt want the dojos emblem to be associated with me.

I tried to make my own case and explain to him but he just wouldn't hear it. He didn't even let me finish talking so I tried talking over him to get a word in and that just annoyed him.

So he said if you want it back, spar me for it. Obviously I was reluctant to do that because he is better than I am, I foolishly agreed to it. It turned out pretty bad for me, I got lots of bruises on my body and eventually I balled up when I got tossed to the floor to try and stop his strikes.

He kept telling me "You don't like that do you?" I tried to roll onto my feet and as soon as I did it was back to the floor again. I gassed out, I was angry and spent, I wanted to fight back, I wanted to hurt him because he pissed me off. No matter what I did though nothing worked, it was like drowning.

Nothing I did made it any better and just made it worse on myself. Finally he stopped, and he asked me "Was that a fair fight?" I told him "no it wasn't" he said "oh really!? Why isn't it fair?"

I said "because you're a better fighter." He said "so if you don't like that why are you doing that to other people, when you should know better than that?" I didn't know what to say. So he shouted again, "why are you picking fights with people weaker than you?"

I explained to him I didn't do that, then he said "ok, call me a chicken, call me some names and see what I'll do." I did and he said "So what. I don't care. See how easy that is?" Then he got close to me and said "Words do nothing, honor and pride are things you don't understand, things you shouldn't bother with. Right now all they are going to do is get you killed."

I nodded. He told me that if I wish to continue I can never get in fights again unless my life depends on it. No sparring with idiots at the gym or in its parking lot, and no fights with relatives or anyone.

When he feels I am more mature as he put it, he will give me back the gi jacket. Until then I have to either use just a t shirt or my old gi, but hey at least on the bright side my old gi has no sleeves and looks awesome.

I am honestly thankful I am still allowed to go back after all that. That was pretty scary and I've never experienced something like that before. It was pretty embarrassing too, luckily though he did it on a day only a couple of people showed up to class.

I agree with every word he said and honestly it doesn't seem to have taught you much "I wanted to hurt him because he pissed me off" that's a bad attitude in itself you don't hurt people who piss you off you ignore them. You hurt people who are trying to hurt you and his attitude of saying I don't care that's what pretty much everyone's been saying to you. I hope this teaches you something.

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well then looks like you learnt about consequences which we've all been saying to you about. Maybe your uncle phoned him. Another thing is if you wanted to keep it quiet from your school posting about it on a online martial arts forum where anyone can read it wasn't your smartest move either. You don't know if any of the members on here train at your club. Or if they browse this site without an account

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
You got off lightly. Your sifu tried to teach you a lesson, he didn't break any bones or toss you out of class. You aren't in jail, and you aren't facing significant legal costs to avoid being imprisoned.

I've just read through quite a few of your posts. Your profile says you're 27. Meanwhile, you're wanting to prove yourself by beating up an asshat uncle, by letting someone goad you into beating them up at a party, and you've admitted you've got a problem with your temper. To be blunt: grow up.

Do some reading. You need to understand the potential legal consequences of fighting someone. In the one account, where you split the guy's lip and broke his glasses... Here in VA, you could face a felony charge of malicious wounding. Yes, I did say FELONY. As in lose your right to vote, to own a gun, have a hell of a time getting a job down the road. (And that's not even getting into what happens with Bubba's Grey Bar Dance School...) You're developing a rep, it seems, as a hothead. People are going to use that against you, if you keep giving them the opportunity.

Kenpoguy123

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Honestly your lucky you didn't get kicked out of the club oh and btw I think he's going to be even less likely to let you spar now and it seems he was right to not let you in the first after Injuring a younger student. Also you say now you can use a sleeveless gi? Didnt your instructor say you can't wear them? That's a great way to help your cause piss him off by wearing uniform he's told you not to wear already

Spinedoc

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I think this is what I was referring to as the battle inside of you. You are ready to go to war over words, and have a quick temper by your postings. No insults you or dishonors you unless you let them. You need fight your internal battles, which I suspect are being fueled by low self esteem, low self worth, and some elements of depression. UNTIL you win those battles, nothing else you will do matters.

That's just my 0.02 cents.

YMMV.

OP
Ironbear24

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
In the one account, where you split the guy's lip and broke his glasses... Here in VA, you could face a felony charge of malicious wounding.

He attacked me first though, even though I kind of egged him on. You know what never mind, I should have just ignored that idiot.

There were girls there and they probably would have thought I am a wuss or something but oh well, I already have one that's better than them.

Kenpoguy123

Purple Belt
Reaction score
There were girls there and they probably would have thought I am a wuss or something

*facepalm* that's the whole point we're all saying and your instructor so what? Did those girls think you were cooler for doing what you did? Did you get anywhere with them because of it?

OP
Ironbear24

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
*facepalm* that's the whole point we're all saying and your instructor so what? Did those girls think you were cooler for doing what you did? Did you get anywhere with them because of it?

You missed the part where I said "oh well I have one anyway." Meaning I have a gf already, so it doesn't matter what they think.

Kenpoguy123

Purple Belt
Reaction score
You missed the part where I said "oh well I have one anyway." Meaning I have a gf already, so it doesn't matter what they think.
No because the fact you said it meant you had that thought on your mind when it happened plus you've talked about impressing girls before so it shows that motivates you a lot to do what you've done

OP
Ironbear24

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
No because the fact you said it meant you had that thought on your mind when it happened plus you've talked about impressing girls before so it shows that motivates you a lot to do what you've done

Ok, After todays incident I know I need to find other ways to impress them.

Kenpoguy123

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Ok, After todays incident I know I need to find other ways to impress them.
Man...like you said....you've got a girlfriend you don't need to impress them. Anyway I thought you didn't care about your girlfriend

OP
Ironbear24

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
Man...like you said....you've got a girlfriend you don't need to impress them. Anyway I thought you didn't care about your girlfriend

To make a long story short she was mad I was spending too much time training and bit enough time with her, so we came to a compromise.

Kenpoguy123

Purple Belt
Reaction score
To make a long story short she was mad I was spending too much time training and bit enough time with her, so we came to a compromise.
Yeah but the fact you said I don't care what she thinks if she dumps me I wouldn't care is warning signs if you think that way

OP
Ironbear24

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah but the fact you said I don't care what she thinks if she dumps me I wouldn't care is warning signs if you think that way

If I didn't care I wouldn't have compromised to spend more time together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions