Sifu is pissed off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenpoguy123

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I think you need some sparring- no fighting on the outside but if you think fighting is fun or whatever, you can spar
Oh yeah his instructor let him spar once and he injured a younger student so he's not allowed anymore

OP
Ironbear24

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well the ones you've posted here no you weren't right at all in all of them you could've walked away but your ego got in the way. It's not self defence if you want to fight. All of the situations you've posted you could've just kept your mouth shut and walked away.

I'll always remember this johnathon mottram a 4th dan in ishinryu karate a world champion who'd been training all his life was doing a seminar with us and told us a story he was walking home one night and a guy pulled a knife on him and demanded he give him his trainers. You know what he did? Took off his shoes and walked home barefoot he knew it wasn't worth getting stabbed over a pair of shoes

I don't understand, he could have easily destroyed the fool. Why give him the luxury of getting away with that?

Kenpoguy123

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I don't understand, he could have easily destroyed the fool. Why give him the luxury of getting away with that?

No I'm sure you don't understand that's the whole problem yeah maybe he probably could've or he could've made a mistake and took a knife to the gut. If the guy had tried to stab yeah he would've taken him but since it was easy to avoid he avoided it. He defended himself he walked away from a dangerous situation with no injuries that's self defence whereas you would've tried to fight and may have ended up in hospital or worse

Kenpoguy123

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Not a funny joke, just nonsense. As this thread is turning into.
Agreed he won't learn he'll get into another pointless fight he'll post about it here we'll all say the same the cycle will continue

OP
Ironbear24

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
No I'm sure you don't understand that's the whole problem yeah maybe he probably could've or he could've made a mistake and took a knife to the gut. If the guy had tried to stab yeah he would've taken him but since it was easy to avoid he avoided it. He defended himself he walked away from a dangerous situation with no injuries that's self defence whereas you would've tried to fight and may have ended up in hospital or worse

That's already happened before. Some prick attacked me with a pocket knife, then another time was a box cutter. I made fun of his gang and he got angry, so he took some skin off my arm and I took a lot of his teeth. I say I won on that trade. Like you said though, that was my fault it happened. The box cutter incident was my cousins fault but I could have walked away, so in the end it's still my fault.

Kenpoguy123

Purple Belt
Reaction score
That's already happened before. Some prick attacked me with a pocket knife, then another time was a box cutter. I made fun of his gang and he got angry, so he took some skin off my arm and I took a lot of his teeth. I say I won on that trade. Like you said though, that was my fault it happened. The box cutter incident was my cousins fault but I could have walked away, so in the end it's still my fault.
Facepalm do you see why people are getting a bit POd at you

OP
Ironbear24

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
Facepalm do you see why people are getting a bit POd at you

Sort of. I am admitting it was my fault and a stupid situation. Being mad at myself for something so far in the past wouldn't make much sense.

Kenpoguy123

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Sort of. I am admitting it was my fault and a stupid situation. Being mad at myself for something so far in the past wouldn't make much sense.
You're obviously not learning from it which is the problem you get In one stupid fight ok it happens move on, get in 2 really need to take a look at yourself, 3 or more then you seriously need to get yourself sorted.

EvanWinther

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Alright this my last post here

Sifu doesn't let you spar because you hurt a younger student. You needed training on how to spar safely?

Once Sifu gives you back your gi tell him you want to spar and don't want to hurt anyone

Spar= avoid the need/want to fight

OP
Ironbear24

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
You're obviously not learning from it which is the problem you get In one stupid fight ok it happens move on, get in 2 really need to take a look at yourself, 3 or more then you seriously need to get yourself sorted.

What about 5 6 and 7? I know I have a problem. I already stated I won't fight anymore, if I have to swallow pride and look like a wuss then fine. I care more about continuing to go to this dojo than the opinions of idiots.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
No. I will not fight anymore. I don't want to get kicked of this dojo.
So...your motivation is that you don't want to get kicked out of the kwoon...has any bit of the stupidity and idiotic danger that fighting is, sunk in at all? Does that mean anything to you?

OP
Ironbear24

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
So...your motivation is that you don't want to get kicked out of the kwoon...has any bit of the stupidity and idiotic danger that fighting is, sunk in at all? Does that mean anything to you?

Of course. Getting cut with a knife hurts and I'd rather not do it a third time.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
What about 5 6 and 7? I know I have a problem. I already stated I won't fight anymore, if I have to swallow pride and look like a wuss then fine. I care more about continuing to go to this dojo than the opinions of idiots.

sorry, but I don't really think you have learned anything from all this

Kenpoguy123

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Right I'm out of this thread I've said all I can say and it's probably going to be all ignored next time someone calls him a coward

Phobius

Black Belt
Reaction score

Problem here is that you are the wuss now. People are asking you not to be a wuss.

Swallow your pride? You are acting in an idiotic manner when it comes to fighting. Just as soon as someone calls you a chicken you jump straight to the gun because you are afraid what they will think of you if you don't.

I mean one can not be a bigger wuss than allowing fear to decide every move they make.

So once again, I am sorry if I am being offensive as it is not my intention, but you are being a wuss every time up til now. You are not being brave because you fight someone that might stab you, you are being afraid and fight out of fear because if you don't what will people think about you...

Besides you already think you will win, and as such chose the easy way out. Because it is the dumb choice you also get hurt sometimes by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions