Shin conditioning

OP
S

ShaolinWolf

Hmm...Well, today I got a HUGE "Knob" on my shin and it hurts like the dickens. I was doing a round kick and it just happens like always that my opponent was doing the same technique. Yeah, you can guess the rest. I have this GIGANTIC bump that is going to hurt for some time. I just got over one a month ago. LOL.

And another thing. I never understood how to condition my shins. So, definitely use impact training from pads and bags? I never did the stupid rolling pin stuff and the trees and all the stuff the would bust your shin like kicking a goal post.

Also, I heard something about blood clots. Most of the blood clots I hear about and see start from the legs and go up. Also, I heard that some start from the shin. All this information I've heard outside of MA. Non-relatent to MA. Just wondering if constant bumps and bruises on your shins could EVER give you blood clots, or if its just a myth or just a 99% chance it won't but there is always a 1% chance thingie?

I'd just like to better understand shin conditioning because I hate shin bumps and bruises. LOL, don't we all?

Latest Discussions