Shaolin Kempo Technique Archive

OP
M

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
All the blanks in that section are now filled, and thanks to Marlon Wilson, Jesse Dwire and fnorfurfoot, we have all of 41-50 up, and even have variations for most of them (still being edited for posting shortly).

This gives 41-50 their own page now. They have been removed from the 'orphan page'.

Thanks for the continued support.
65 of 108 are now up.

Matt

fnorfurfoot

Senior Master
Reaction score
#56: Against a right front punch
Start with left leg forward in a cat stance
Trap strike with two monkey hand blocks or a downward scissor block and grab
Left crescent kick to attacker's right knee
Left reverse crescent kick to groin
Right crescent kick to face then land forward in a right half-moon stance
Right back hand to face followed by a left palm heel to face
Left foot steps forward and to the right to set up for a right jump spinning back kick.

fnorfurfoot

Senior Master
Reaction score
#58: Against a right front punch
Start with left leg forward in a cat stance
Trap strike and pull to the right with a left knife hand on top of the wrist and a right open hand under the wrist
Step forward with left foot into a left half-moon stance + left cross knife to throat
Left hand reaches behind attacker's head and pulls jaw back
Right knife hand strike to throat or collar bone
Right hand grabs back of head and with left hand twist counter clock wise to break neck.

OP
M

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
#49: Against a left front punch
Start with left leg forward in a half-moon stance
Right palm block followed by a right ridge block (hand-helping-hand)
Right foot half-moons forward + right palm heel to face + left palm heel to ribs
Left foot half-moons foward going back to back with attacker
Throw attacker over left hip (he will be thrown backwards onto his stomach)
Allow hand to swing to the right
Left backhand to kidney followed by a right knife hand strike to kidney or back of neck.

I was transferring this one to the archive, when I had a question. Is one of the 'rights' above supposed to be a left? I think the first one maybe?

Thanks for your continued contributions, the archive is really thriving because of your help.

Matt

fnorfurfoot

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was transferring this one to the archive, when I had a question. Is one of the 'rights' above supposed to be a left? I think the first one maybe?

Thanks for your continued contributions, the archive is really thriving because of your help.

Matt
Oops, sorry about that. Actually, it's the second one that should be a left. Your guiding the punch to your left. In response to one of your earlier posts, you can either keep listing me as fnorfurfoot or as William French. THe only web site I have right now is actually a message board for my students. If you want it the address is www.aakenpokarate.com

OP
M

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Things have been really cooking at the archive. I've had to work hard to keep up with the generous submissions of Fnorfurfoot, Marlon and Jesse Dwire.

Thanks to their help the archive now stands at these for have / need. The response has been amazing.

What we have, what we need:
Have (67 total):
1-60
68, 69
73, 74

Need (41 total):

61-67
70-72
75-80
82-87
89-92
94-108

If you have a combination on the need list, please send in a writeup. Thanks!

OP
M

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Oops, sorry about that. Actually, it's the second one that should be a left. Your guiding the punch to your left. In response to one of your earlier posts, you can either keep listing me as fnorfurfoot or as William French. THe only web site I have right now is actually a message board for my students. If you want it the address is www.aakenpokarate.com

Thanks, I was pretty sure one of them had to be a left. For now, I think I will continue to credit you as fnorfurfoot, but when I get the chance, I'll change them all over and link it to your board.

Thanks so much for your help.

Matt

OP
M

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score

The errant left is fixed. I gave you credit as both on the page now.

Matt

Reaction score
I'm a chinese kempo guy who just started to train w/ GM Brassard, In response to an earlier post, yes he has integrated alot of EPAC material
into his style, calls it Shaolin American Kempo. I just started with him so i
don't know how far it's integrated, but so far i love it. Check out Jim's
combo tips on youtube, he's got some smart ideas and speaking from personal experiance are just skimming the surface of his style.
(his opinion of the second half of combo #2 as a realistic defense could be considered controversial but raises some important questions.)
Keep up the great work. I just recently got back into it and am having a hard time remembering, you resource has proved invaluable.
thanks, Terk

OP
M

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm a chinese kempo guy who just started to train w/ GM Brassard, In response to an earlier post, yes he has integrated alot of EPAC material
into his style, calls it Shaolin American Kempo. I just started with him so i
don't know how far it's integrated, but so far i love it. Check out Jim's
combo tips on youtube, he's got some smart ideas and speaking from personal experiance are just skimming the surface of his style.
(his opinion of the second half of combo #2 as a realistic defense could be considered controversial but raises some important questions.)
Keep up the great work. I just recently got back into it and am having a hard time remembering, you resource has proved invaluable.
thanks, Terk

Glad it was useful for you. Welcome back to kempo.

Matt

OP
M

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
I've received combinations 85, 87, 94 and a variation of 93 from Master Jesse Dwire IV of Dragon-Phoenix Martial Arts. Thanks again! One more in the '80's and they'll need their own page.

OP
M

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
I had a moment, so I wrote up the plum tree . It's a quick writeup, so everyone can feel free to contact me with corrections, variations and alternate wordings to improve clarity.

Matt

OP
M

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
I've been sent 65,66 and 89 by email, so we now have a 61-70 page and an 81-90 page. Thanks goes out to Chris Muehlebach.

Have (73 total):
1-60
65, 66, 68, 69
73, 74
81, 85, 87, 88, 89

Need (35 total):

61-64
70-72
75-80
82-84, 86
90-92
95-108

Gufbal1982

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I've been sent 65,66 and 89 by email, so we now have a 61-70 page and an 81-90 page. Thanks goes out to Chris Muehlebach.

Have (73 total):
1-60
65, 66, 68, 69
73, 74
81, 85, 87, 88, 89

Need (35 total):

61-64
70-72
75-80
82-84, 86
90-92
95-108

There's a guy on this forum that has a lot of those numbers...I'll see if I can get him to write them down.

OP
M

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
There's a guy on this forum that has a lot of those numbers...I'll see if I can get him to write them down.

Fantastic - every little bit helps. I've also received a request for the forms 'dragon one' and 'dragon two' but they don't ring a bell with me. Anyone?

Matt

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
If he does not have time to write them down maybe he can call matt and matt can record them and he would write them up.. That is if you can find Matt in his whole 22 minutes of spare time he has in a day. But i bet matt would be up to spare this to help finish his list.
Jesse

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Matt do you have the Dragon Tree Blocking System? I have it written down and can post it or email it to ya. Also i was shown the 10 point with strikes do you have this?
Kosho

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
Matt do you have the Dragon Tree Blocking System? I have it written down and can post it or email it to ya. Also i was shown the 10 point with strikes do you have this?
Kosho

10 point with natural strikes like in the 8 point? That would be great to see. Before i go looking, Kosho, is your place in Jaffrey?
Jesse

Gufbal1982

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Fantastic - every little bit helps. I've also received a request for the forms 'dragon one' and 'dragon two' but they don't ring a bell with me. Anyone?

Matt

They might be in referrance to sword forms. They are in the USSD system. I have both of them if that's what they mean...Also, do you have Pine Tree Blocking or 16 Palms blocking on there? I have Master's Blocking system if you want it...

Latest Discussions