Discussion in 'Kenpo / Kempo - Technical Discussion' started by Matt, May 25, 2006.
Thanks for posting the Kempos and animals Shaun- I'll try to get them worked into the mix ASAP.
always glad to be of assistance :asian:
Matt here is a form with all kicking movement. based from a ( I ) form movments like 1 pinion.
Pinion Geri 1. Start in front position bow.
2. Hand come into a ready position and breath up
3. As you do blocks 1 and 2
4. Breath down as you do blocks 7 and 8
5. Look to your right and shift 90 degrees to your left
6. As you deliver a left rev-crescent kick ( hands on guard)
7. As your foot lands in a ½ moon stance
8. Deliver a right front ball kick to the solar plex area
9. As your foot lands look behind you
10. Shift 180 degrees and deliver a right rev-crescent kick
11. As your foot lands in a right ½ moon stance deliver a
12. Left front ball kick to the attackers solar plex area
13. (keeping your left foot off the ground) shift your
14. Body 90 degrees to your left and deliver a # 8 block
15. keeping your hands now on guard step forward
16. Deliver a right front ball kick to the solar plex area
17. Followed by a left front ball kick same area
18. Then a right front ball kick same area
19. Spinning 270 degrees you deliver a left rev-crescent kick
20. Landing in a left foot ½ moon stance you then deliver
21. A right front ball kick to the solar plex area
22. Spinning around 180 degrees you deliver a right
23. Rev-crescent kick followed by a left front ball kick
24. (keeping the left foot off the ground) shift 90 degrees
25. To your left you deliver a # 8 block in a left foot lead
26. ½ moon stance. Hands come on guard as you
27. Deliver a right front ball kick solar plex area
28. Followed by a left front ball kick same area
29. Followed by a right front ball kick same area
30. Spinning around 270 degrees you deliver a rev-crescent kick
31. Followed by a right front ball kick spinning 180 degrees
32. You deliver a rev-crescent kick followed by
33. A front ball kick shifting back into a horse stance
34. Hands are in ready position breath up blocks 1 and 2
35. Breath down blocks 7 and 8
36. Bring right foot to left into front position end form.
Hey folks, I'm back.
I just finished my student teaching placement, and with it my Post-Baccalaureate program, so I now have a lot more time to devote to the site. Things have been spruced up, more video has been added, and I have many more things in the pipeline. If you haven't stopped by, or haven't stopped by lately please do. Drop me a line or leave a comment.
Additionally, as always, if you have some SKK related material that you don't see in the archive, send it my way and I'll put it up.
Glad to hear you have some well deserved down time. I will deff. check out the site its been a few months since I have last visited your website.
Thanks - it's been great to get back to all the things that got pushed aside for school. It's also been quite a productive week for the site - problems fixed and a ton of new additions. I still have a ways to go on the archive though.
Thanks - finally got it into the archive. We used to do one like that - we called it 'one pinan with kicks'.
Moving time -
The archive had gotten to the point where my little personal webpage was choking a bit, so I got an actual host.
The archive has moved to http://kempoinfo.com/ and has retained all of the existing information.
Please update your links, and now that I've got the room and flexibility, stay tuned for more additions. The old one will continue to exist for a while, but will not be updated.
Thanks for all your hard work on this, Matt!
Matt I love your new site and thanks for some great reads, I find your new format alot easier to navigate.
Thanks - I love the fact that it's searchable now.
I'm still finding dead links, but it will be 100% shortly.
More to come, too.
For folks who would like to directly submit things to the archive, you can send things to submissions (at) kempoinfo (dot) com.
Just replace the at and dot.
Thanks in advance.
I've also fixed all of the dead links (I think) so let me know if you find one.
I realized that the 'search' function was only returning blog posts, not archive content - that's now fixed.
David has also sent in a collection of grab techniques from Christopher N. Geary's curriculum. Compare and contrast the techniques and ideas with yours.
Still plugging away, trying to fill in the blanks and bring in new ideas.
Many thanks again Matt.
It's my pleasure. I'm glad when folks find use for it. It sounds weird, but every now and then, I refer to it to refresh my memory of something. It's my online notes.
It's also been really rewarding because it has given me the opportunity to have a dialogue with a variety of folks regarding what they do, and I've learned a lot as a result.
The fact that I've received submissions from FVSSD, USSD, MSDC, SSDC and independent and other folks has been really rewarding. For a bunch of folks who aren't supposed to get along, the community has really come together.
I think the grief mostly comes from people who are trying to make a living at it... students just want to learn, and your site is a great tool for that.
I agree with everyone, Matt is doing an excellant job with his web site.
Thanks- I appreciate it. I also try to point folks to your forum - you've got some great stuff from the (around) '74 time period that gives a good sense on the early development of SKK.
Your welcome. When it come to the SKK we seem to have a few of the same goals.
Just for fun, I posted some old footage of me doing Honsuki on my page.It's not great footage, but I hadn't seen it for a few years.
Separate names with a comma.