Shaolin Kempo Technique Archive

OP
M

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
I found some Tigers and put them up, with my opinion on animal techniques in general in SKK.

Matt

OP
M

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Got some snakes up now too. I found a treasure trove of old notes, so more coming soon.

Matt

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
marlon said:
the dojo.com site does not seem to offer a great deal of info. If Matt does not know...Try asking kenpo joe or T.Ingargiola or Joe Shuras

Respectfully,
Marlon

Thanks! You are right. The masters are there, but, only post occasionally. Otherwise, not much traffic in there, better to ask here!

OP
M

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hand Sword said:
Thanks! You are right. The masters are there, but, only post occasionally. Otherwise, not much traffic in there, better to ask here!

Sorry, don't have those two off hand. Over 40 mine become very sporadic.

Hopefully someone with more stripes will step in.

Just a side note, with the latest additions (animals, kempos,etc.) I think the archive is up over 100 techniques!

More to come - I've still got Crane and Dragon to go from my notes.

Matt

OP
M

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Cranes (5) and Dragons (12) are up.

Please check them out, and send in ones that you don't see up there.

Matt

OP
M

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
I've got combination #93 up now. I've started an 'orphan combinations' page to keep the strays until at least half of the ten they go with are up.

Anyone for 'fill in the blanks'?

Matt

shodan_spike

White Belt
Reaction score
Matt, I want to sincerely thank you for your site...it helped me greatly and brought back a lot of memories for me. I am a Nidan, but have been out of Kempo for about 5 years and had forgotten combos 29 and 31-35...now I can go back and review them and remember them again....it's all coming back!!!

I thank you VERY VERY much for that and if there's any way I can help, I will be sure to do so...

Thanks again,

Spike

OP
M

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
shodan_spike said:
Matt, I want to sincerely thank you for your site...it helped me greatly and brought back a lot of memories for me. I am a Nidan, but have been out of Kempo for about 5 years and had forgotten combos 29 and 31-35...now I can go back and review them and remember them again....it's all coming back!!!

I thank you VERY VERY much for that and if there's any way I can help, I will be sure to do so...

Thanks again,

Spike

Spike-
I am always glad to hear that somebody finds the site useful. As for help, it is always welcome, and can be some constructive criticism, or if you go through the techniques and find that you have a different version submit that. Also, another way you can help is to let me know what things would be useful to be on the site. There's a lot of things I'd like up there, but feedback helps me know what direction to look next.

Thanks for the kind words, and enjoy the site.

Matt

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
I dont know what happened i just wrote out my long winded, tangent filled discription of combo #53 and it got erased.. oh well i probably saved your brain's with a lot of "what the heck did he write?" statements
In Peace
Jesse

OP
M

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Minor update:
Added some more kempos, combination #43 and #88.

OP
M

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone out there have the 50's? I am missing 52, 56, & 58, but my real problem is I think I might have two mixed up. I need someone to help me with 53 and 57. It's been a while since I learned them and I'm not sure if I have the right number for each technique.

Without explaining the whole technique in detail, one has you trap the punch then strike the attacker's throat with a cross knife. Left hand reaches behind the attacker's head to expose the throat for a right knife hand strike. Then both hands break the neck.

The other has you parry the strike with your left hand followed by a left front kick to the stomach or groin. Left knife hand strike to the neck along with a right knife hand strike to the body. Right knee to groin or stomach while both hands sort of hug attacker. Right foot lands backwards and you turn around while hugging attacker. This throws attacker to the ground. Kneel down with your right knee pressing against attacker's ribs. Right crane's beak to throat and left crane's beak to groin.

I'm sure that there are variations to those moves but if they sound familiar to anyone, please help me out. Thanks.

Thanks to Master Jesse Dwire of Dragon-Phoenix Martial Arts combinations 50-55 are now up. Enjoy. Hope this helps clear up your confusion.

Matt

OP
M

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
I know I keep replying to my own thread, but, I just want to keep folks abreast of progress. We now have almost half (52 of 108) of the combinations posted. I've received lots of positive feedback from folks enjoying the archive.

Thanks to everyone who has dropped a line, and especially to those who have taken the time to do a writeup.
Just to provide an overview, here's a list of combinations we have, and those we need.

What we have, what we need:
Have:
1-44
50-55

Need:
45-49
56-72
74-87
89-92
94-108

If you have a combination on the need list, please send in a writeup. Thanks!

OP
M

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Special thanks to: Ben Gawiser of Loudoun Kempo - http://www.loudounmartialarts.com/ - Along with many combinations, he also sent in the eight point blocking system - regular, with strikes, and open handed.

12 hands of the tiger is also up, courtesy of Gufbal1982.

These are on the new 'other techniques' page.

More to come soon.

Thanks again,

Matt

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I will check my stuff I may have 60 and 81 i can send you
and maybe others.
kosho

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
COMB 81.
I checked this with prof Ingargiola.

Punch comes in and you step out with your left foot and deliver a pushing palm 4 block as you deliver a right palm strike to the attackers jaw area. ( Block and strike same time) you then hook your right hand around the attackers head and pull them into a ( right) rising knee in to the (Chest or face)??? then settle them down and control there arm as they push up shift your body around and control there wrist and move the wrist counter clock and take them down. once down right baby creasent kick to the attackers face as you spin around (counter clock) still holding there arm. once the arm is locked you break the attackers arm (elbow area). keep control of the wrist. to stop them from moveing you keep one foot tight to the body and the other to the shoulder.
Kosho
www.shaolinkempotraining.com

OP
M

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
COMB 81.
I checked this with prof Ingargiola.

Punch comes in and you step out with your left foot and deliver a pushing palm 4 block as you deliver a right palm strike to the attackers jaw area. ( Block and strike same time) you then hook your right hand around the attackers head and pull them into a ( right) rising knee in to the (Chest or face)??? then settle them down and control there arm as they push up shift your body around and control there wrist and move the wrist counter clock and take them down. once down right baby creasent kick to the attackers face as you spin around (counter clock) still holding there arm. once the arm is locked you break the attackers arm (elbow area). keep control of the wrist. to stop them from moveing you keep one foot tight to the body and the other to the shoulder.
Kosho
www.shaolinkempotraining.com

Thank you, I appreciate all the help I can get filling in the blanks.

Matt

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Matt I have # 60 also. I will post it when I get home tonight for you.
I learned them from prof Ingargiloa and wrote them down I just found it the other day.
Kosho

fnorfurfoot

Senior Master
Reaction score
Start with left foot in a cat stance
Left overhead block + Left front/reverse crescent kick to face (kind of an angled front kick)
Left foot lands forward and to the left into a left half-moon stance
Left eagle talon to eyes + Right eagle talon to throat
Both hands rip to the left then circle back to the right with a left palm heal to the ribs + Right palm heal to the face + Left knee buckles attacker's right knee
Left foot steps in front of the attacker to the left + Right spinning reverse crescent to the face.