Run away from no-mask people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saheim

Green Belt
Reaction score
Well, that’s good, because travel between counties in the US is prohibited, isn’t it? Then there’s no way the disease can be transmitted across county lines. Good plan, that.

Worked so far. The sky does not appear to be falling in my county.

OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Even in places here where it's technically mandatory, at least 25% of the people ignore the requirement. And it's not enforced, so they can.
I think it's more than 25% in Texas.

In my today's 3 miles running, I only met 3 persons. All of them don't have mask on.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
i cant help thinking the alamo wouldnt have happen if they had a masks only policy

OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
im non the wiser,do you need a mask to walk down the road?
You should if you walk with a group of people, or social distance is not possible.

When a group of no-mask people walk toward me in a hiking trail where I have no space to step to the side is what bother me.

trail-people.jpg

Last edited:

Ivan

Black Belt
Reaction score
In the past several months, I have run away from no-mask people every day. It even gets into my dream and becomes my nightmare (being chased by a group of no-mask people).

Those no-mask people mess up my daily running. When I run, if I see a no-mask person, I will turn around. After I have turned around many times, I lose tracking my running distance. This bother me big time.

When you hike on a trail that the trail is very narrow, a group of no-mask people walk toward your direction. You cannot move to the side 6 feet away. What will you do?
Sounds like you're paranoid. Especially if you expect people to wear mask outside. I am a "no mask" myself - I will avoid wearing one if I don't absolutely have to. Why? Because I want to - I find it weird doing **** someone tells me to do on TV because of a disease that has affected no one I know, or their relatives etc.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you're paranoid.

And your qualifications to make that diagnosis are?

Especially if you expect people to wear mask outside. I am a "no mask" myself - I will avoid wearing one if I don't absolutely have to. Why? Because I want to - I find it weird doing **** someone tells me to do on TV because of a disease that has affected no one I know, or their relatives etc.

Don't smoke. It kills a lot of people. Now, if you don't personally know someone who has died of lung cancer, you're going to ignore that?
That doesn't strike you as a stupid thing to do?

Ivan

Black Belt
Reaction score
And your qualifications to make that diagnosis are?

Don't smoke. It kills a lot of people. Now, if you don't personally know someone who has died of lung cancer, you're going to ignore that?
That doesn't strike you as a stupid thing to do?
Nah not really. If I wanna smoke, I will smoke - If I don't I won't.
As for qualifications, I don't need any - the guy has nightmares about running away from people without masks.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
To be fair, someone could spend the whole day finding links about mask incidents and it would still only consist of a fraction of a percentage of of the population. And of course what is easily found is the standard media hype in their effort to have enough blather to fill their 30 minute to 1 hour time slot.
I imagine you could pick almost any topic and find similar videos.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's more than 25% in Texas.

In my today's 3 miles running, I only met 3 persons. All of them don't have mask on.
Outdoors, the numbers go down dramatically. But at least outdoors the risk is substantially lowered, to start with.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you're paranoid. Especially if you expect people to wear mask outside. I am a "no mask" myself - I will avoid wearing one if I don't absolutely have to. Why? Because I want to - I find it weird doing **** someone tells me to do on TV because of a disease that has affected no one I know, or their relatives etc.
Just because you find it weird, that's not really a good reason to ignore the experts who actually study this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.