Run away from no-mask people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
In the past several months, I have run away from no-mask people every day. It even gets into my dream and becomes my nightmare (being chased by a group of no-mask people).

Those no-mask people mess up my daily running. When I run, if I see a no-mask person, I will turn around. After I have turned around many times, I lose tracking my running distance. This bother me big time.

When you hike on a trail that the trail is very narrow, a group of no-mask people walk toward your direction. You cannot move to the side 6 feet away. What will you do?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
In the past several months, I have run away from no-mask people every day. It even gets into my dream and becomes my nightmare (being chased by a group of no-mask people).

Those no-mask people mess up my daily running. When I run, if I see a no-mask person, I will turn around. After I have turned around many times, I lose tracking my running distance. This bother me big time.

When you hike on a trail that the trail is very narrow, a group of no-mask people walk toward your direction. You cannot move to the side 6 feet away. What will you do?
stay home bud, its the only safe place from the no mask people apocalypse

i went to chess cliib to night and every one was wearibg a mask, just as the laws says they must, when stood up.

then they sat down 2 feet away from each other and took their masks off,

i put a plastic carrier bag with eye holes over my head and then welders goggles, i lost all my games for some reason

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am doing my running in a big park, zig-zagging around and through the various soccer fields and such. Right now, the parks in my area are not being heavily used. I’m rarely closer than fifty yards from someone. It’s not an issue for me.

I do get annoyed when I’m downtown on the sidewalk where people are, or in a store, and people don’t wear a mask. It’s just a courtesy and respect issue and it is absolutely effective in limiting the spread of Covid. This isn’t difficult. Wear the mask. It doesn’t hurt. It doesn’t threaten your personal liberties. The fact that people resist wearing the mask is the reason we still have Covid out of control.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am doing my running in a big park, zig-zagging around and through the various soccer fields and such. Right now, the parks in my area are not being heavily used. I’m rarely closer than fifty yards from someone. It’s not an issue for me.

I do get annoyed when I’m downtown on the sidewalk where people are, or in a store, and people don’t wear a mask. It’s just a courtesy and respect issue and it is absolutely effective in limiting the spread of Covid. This isn’t difficult. Wear the mask. It doesn’t hurt. It doesn’t threaten your personal liberties. The fact that people resist wearing the mask is the reason we still have Covid out of control.
well of course it threatens your personal liberties, ir rather ur doesnt threaten them it removes at least one of them

D

Deleted member 39746

I would keep going. If its that bad previous advise of stay home/just go short distances.

Also, mask exemptions exist and even if they dont offically exist people will still claim medical exemption from it. Plenty of people dont around me/dont keep distance. Still really funny how they dont respect your space MORE after explicitly being told to respect it.

Addendum: and i am pretty sure you only have to wear them inside for most places?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I would keep going. If its that bad previous advise of stay home/just go short distances.

Also, mask exemptions exist and even if they dont offically exist people will still claim medical exemption from it. Plenty of people dont around me/dont keep distance. Still really funny how they dont respect your space MORE after explicitly being told to respect it.

Addendum: and i am pretty sure you only have to wear them inside for most places?
your more at risk of being beaten to death in an argument about masks ir distance than you are from the virus

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score

in most public places you only have to wear then inside if your stood up

OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I just finished my 3 miles running 10 minutes ago. During my running, I have met 2 persons who had mask on. I also met 3 persons who had no mask on. When I met those 3 no-mask people, I just turned around.

If there is a group of people that don't have mask on that walked toward you, and you have no safe distance to get away, what will you do? You may

- back up the 1st time,
- back up the 2nd time, even
- back up the 3rd time.

Are you gong to back up forever? What will you do?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I just finished my 3 miles running 10 minutes ago. During my running, I have met 2 persons who had mask on. I also met 3 persons who had no mask on. When I met those 3 no-mask people, I just turned around.

If there is a group of people that don't have mask on that walked toward you, and you have no safe distance to get away, what will you do? You may

- back up the 1st time,
- back up the 2nd time, even
- back up the 3rd time.

Are you gong to back up forever? What will you do?
cant you run past them backward, then it would just be like runnibg past them forwards

OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
cant you run past them backward, then it would just be like runnibg past them forwards
The problem is the running path that started from my house is not a wide road. If 2 persons walked side by side on the road, for me to pass them, I won't have that safe 6 feet distance.

It's not a good feeling to be squeezed by no-mask people. I don't want to use my MA to get into violence (may be I should). But I don't know what to do.

Any suggestion?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The problem is the running path that started from my house is not a wide road. If 2 persons walked side by side on the road, for me to pass them, I won't have that safe 6 feet distance.

It's not a good feeling to be squeezed by no-mask people. I don't want to use my MA to get into violence (may be I should). But I don't know what to do.

Any suggestion?
youve got a big garden, mark a track on it and do laps

swing you rice flails as you run, it amazibg how much room they will give you

OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Since I started this thread in the General MA Talk session, I have to discuss MA in this thread.

What MA technique is safe to use against a no-mask opponent? Your thought?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Since I started this thread in the General MA Talk session, I have to discuss MA in this thread.

What MA technique is safe to use against a no-mask opponent? Your thought?
ive told you swing your flails they will jump in a hedge to avoid you

Saheim

Green Belt
Reaction score
I thought this was a joke, at first. I try to social distance as best I can but rarely wear a mask. The truth is I'm just not that worried about it and YES requiring me to wear a mask would be infringement on my liberty. My face, my right, don't like it, stay away from me. Likewise, on private property, it is the manager's right to tell me to leave.

Governor of KS did an E.O. requiring masks. Some counties are willing to enforce it, other (mine) will not. Also I never wear one on duty. I was at an extremely crowded event where I probably would have liked to have worn one but I am fairly convinced my Chief does not like the idea of masked police. Btw that was a couple months ago and I am fine but, then again, my doctor is pretty convinced I already had it back in January and says getting it again is unlikely. You can say how wrong he is but I haven't gotten it (again) so.....

I believe the real reason for pushing masks was two fold: (1) aid in mob violence which paves the way for (2) Furthering "gait recognition" programs and rake in money from a source that was (until now) negated by facial recognition.

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I thought this was a joke, at first. I try to social distance as best I can but rarely wear a mask. The truth is I'm just not that worried about it and YES requiring me to wear a mask would be infringement on my liberty. My face, my right, don't like it, stay away from me. Likewise, on private property, it is the manager's right to tell me to leave.

Governor of KS did an E.O. requiring masks. Some counties are willing to enforce it, other (mine) will not. Also I never wear one on duty. I was at an extremely crowded event where I probably would have liked to have worn one but I am fairly convinced my Chief does not like the idea of masked police. Btw that was a couple months ago and I am fine but, then again, my doctor is pretty convinced I already had it back in January and says getting it again is unlikely. You can say how wrong he is but I haven't gotten it (again) so.....

I believe the real reason for pushing masks was two fold: (1) aid in mob violence which paves the way for (2) Furthering "gait recognition" programs and rake in money from a source that was (until now) negated by facial recognition.

Yep, you're from Kansas alright.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
your more at risk of being beaten to death in an argument about masks ir distance than you are from the virus
As you always ask, do you have any figures for this claim? How many people have been beaten to death in an argument about masks?

OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I thought this was a joke, at first.
It's not a joke when someone has to deal with something like this for the past 7 months. I truly want my life to go back to normal again.

I'm suppose to be in California right now. Since the California situation is not any better than the situation in Texas, I remain in Texas this year, I just find out that one of my favor hiking trail in California has been closed.

Pismo Preserve trails closed after crowds create coronavirus concerns

https://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/article241438946.html

Last edited:
OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Officials on Monday closed the popular Pismo Preserve coastal trails indefinitely after crowds flocked to the destination over the weekend — creating concerns about coronavirus transmission.

The Land Conservancy of San Luis Obispo County — the nonprofit that oversees the 11 miles of trails that opened on Jan. 25 — opted to close the hiking area after issuing warnings urging visitors to maintain proper social distancing protocol.

https://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/article241438946.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions