Question for Dan ranks or equivalent Re: what is

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
TSDTexan

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Good because if you did well you have failed miserably.
Hey, how about instead of talking about me, you offer an answer as to what a martial art is. A real definition.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty offensive there mate.
Telling people to shut up is an escalation.
I might have to put you in time out, in my ignore corner, like Tez3. If you wanna tell folks to shut up.

And yes.. Its a quibble. Trivial at best, because it disproves nothing that I said. Your response is subjective, as is everyone else's.

Furthermore, most folks dont refer to themselves as martial crafter's, or say I am am beginning to study a martial craft.

No, they say. Oh, I am a martial artist. Or He studies a martial art.

Poop dude. Seriously trivial poop.

Common usage of terms, and common sense both pooped on your notion dude.

In other words... Yours is just an opinion. Again, like everyone elses'.
Deal with it, or dont.
:rolleyes:

From your post, #26:

will not allow a similar flaw in technique or mindset to compromise my students' potential safety. My grandfather often emphasized that my jujutsu must really work.
That it must become my own jujutsu. And that someday my students' jujutsu must become their own. That was his legacy to me and it should be my legacy to them as well as him.

Which is pretty much what I've said. If you train a few more years, you'll have an answer to your question. Until then.....

OP
TSDTexan

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
You have a very high opinion of yourself if you actually believe I care whether you read what I write or not. I hate to break it to you but it only amuses me that a man runs way from a few words he doesn't like.

I'm pretty sure this isn't true! I find 'inserpable' things to be quite unique.

Calling someone a jerk is insulting and shows you no intent to discourse either with courtesy or without thinking yours is the only opinion that matters. To borrow an American expression 'wake up and smell the coffee man'. You've had answers from very experienced and knowledgeable martial artists, yet you treat them with disdain and even insults. You really can't expect me or anyone else for that matter to take your muddled words seriously. Yes they are muddled, it's a sort of cod 'academic' English with random phrases made of words that you think sound good.
I'm not insulting you before you rant, I'm describing your posts. I think 'bombastic twaddle' is an excellent description by the way, that's exactly what it is.
Now if you don't mind put me back on ignore, I'm enjoying a few beers with Cirdan and we have beers waiting for all those you will now put on ignore.

1. Looks like a Duck, Walks like a Duck, Quacks like a Duck. I might just call him a duck. Its not insulting. To borrow a notion from you "its describing his style of behavior in his posts".

More to the point, I am not going to walk on egg shells for anyone. I have been expected to have a thick skin pretty much my whole life. It is helpful if others do as well. If he wants to be cute and funny while being like a jerk... that's fine.

I will call it how I see it. Courtesy has nothing to do with how he spoke towards me. Why should I give what was not given to me?

Its easy to tear down someone's answers. But no one who has ripped on my definition has actually offered a better or alternate one in its place.

2. And... Who has run away? I never have run from anyone here. You have a habit of mischaracterizing me. And getting off topic. You didn't like it when I pointed out that fact after We were admonished for violating the TOS. You have been pushy towards me, I called you on it... and yet you kept being pushy until I ignored you.
Your welcome to go have some more beers, You alone, were the only one who has made it on to my ignore list.
I think your description of my comments makes sense to you, and that's nice and everything.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. Looks like a Duck, Walks like a Duck, Quacks like a Duck. I might just call him a duck. Its not insulting. To borrow a notion from you "its describing his style of behavior in his posts".

More to the point, I am not going to walk on egg shells for anyone. I have been expected to have a thick skin pretty much my whole life. It is helpful if others do as well. If he wants to be cute and funny while being like a jerk... that's fine.

I will call it how I see it. Courtesy has nothing to do with how he spoke towards me. Why should I give what was not given to me?

Its easy to tear down someone's answers. But no one who has ripped on my definition has actually offered a better or alternate one in its place.

2. And... Who has run away? I never have run from anyone here. You have a habit of mischaracterizing me. And getting off topic. You didn't like it when I pointed out that fact after We were admonished for violating the TOS. You have been pushy towards me, I called you on it... and yet you kept being pushy until I ignored you.
Your welcome to go have some more beers, You alone, were the only one who has made it on to my ignore list.
I think your description of my comments makes sense to you, and that's nice and everything.

Calling someone a jerk is insulting end of.

Actually sweetheart YOU were off topic.

I didn't like what? Are you deciding for me what I think yet accuse me and others of putting words into your mouth...which is what I assume you mean by 'mischaracterising'.
You did run away, you put me on ignore lol, because you can't stand being disagreed with. Either that or you are a misogynist who can't stand being disagreed with by a female ( oh yes I remember your comment towards me saying I'm transgender)

I'm proud to have made it to your 'ignore' list, means that I'm right and you are wrong lol.

Last edited:

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

For someone bragging about thick skin you sure don't act like it.

OP
TSDTexan

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

From your post, #26:

will not allow a similar flaw in technique or mindset to compromise my students' potential safety. My grandfather often emphasized that my jujutsu must really work.
That it must become my own jujutsu. And that someday my students' jujutsu must become their own. That was his legacy to me and it should be my legacy to them as well as him.

Which is pretty much what I've said. If you train a few more years, you'll have an answer to your question. Until then.....

So you are unable to actually type out a definition? You can offer me statements that imply I haven't trained enough to have my own art, and that I am not creative because I have not internalized my art.

I will just leave this here. You probably don't know what it means. But at this point in my life I am at the "Ri" stage.

Thank you for your input.

ShuHaRi.png

OP
TSDTexan

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
For someone bragging about thick skin you sure don't act like it.
Riiiiight. Instead of responding to comments about thick skin, could ya come up with that definition?
Perhaps not right when you wanted it, but I did.
Why don't you offer one?

Last edited:
OP
TSDTexan

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Calling someone a jerk is insulting end of.

Actually sweetheart YOU were off topic.

I didn't like what? Are you deciding for me what I think yet accuse me and others of putting words into your mouth...which is what I assume you mean by 'mischaracterising'.
You did run away, you put me on ignore lol, because you can't stand being disagreed with. Either that or you are a misogynist who can't stand being disagreed with by a female ( oh yes I remember your comment towards me as being transgender)

I'm proud to have made it to your 'ignore' list, means that I'm right and you are wrong lol.

No. It means I dealt with you. It never has meant anything like "right or wrong".

I can stand being disagreed with by men or women. I am disagreed with by both on a fairly regular basis, throughout my whole life. I also have no problem disagreeing with others.

I find your fascination with my ego, and attempts to frame this up as being all about me.... well quite flattering. But you should know... I am already married.

And no, I didn't call you transgender. I simply cannot know for certain. I thought you were a dude. I still think you are a dude. I am taking it on a measure of faith that you are not a dude. Frankly, I am not a misogynist. For one, most of my best friends through my life are women. I think rather highly of women. I have married women rather then remain a bachelor or become a player.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
I will just leave this here. You probably don't know what it means. But at this point in my life I am at the "Ri" stage.

]

If you're at the "離" stage (see what I did there?) why are you asking the question?

If you're at the "離" stage, why are you arguing -not "discussing," but telling people that their answers are "poop?"

If you're at the "離" stage, why do you not see that this post was a definition?

\
The difference, then, between art and craft, is that craft is what can be taught, while art is an individual expression.
I could teach you the craft of knifemaking, but it wouldn't be art until it became an individual creative expression. You'ld be making knives in a style similar to mine, using the techniques I taught you, but until you'd internalized all that and used it to fashion an individual expression of creativity-it wouldn't be art.
Likewise, I can teach you martial craft, but until it becomes an individual creative expression, it's not "art."
People have seen this, but they often don't know that this is precisely what it means:
So, to recap: what you've described is "craft", not art.
If you knew what art was-martial art, you wouldn't bother with the question or the distinction.......
Of course, you've asked a question-no guarantee that you'll like-or even understand the answers.....
move along, move along, and maybe shut up and train.
rolling.gif

And I'd be very careful about telling anyone here, let alone me-of all people- what they "probably don't know." Though ,after 44 years of training, I do know enough to not say that I'm "at the "離" stage....:rolleyes:

Last edited:

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
And no, I didn't call you transgender. I simply cannot know for certain. I thought you were a dude. I still think you are a dude. I am taking it on a measure of faith that you are not a dude. .

She's as cranky as I am, but rest assured, Tez is a woman....you're not the first to make an incorrect assumption on that note, though......

I, on the other hand, am a lesbian trapped (or fortunate enough) to be in a man's body......

OP
TSDTexan

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
If you're at the "離" stage (see what I did there) why are you asking the question?

If you're at the "離" stage, why are you arguing -not "discussing," but telling people that their answers are "poop?"

If you're at the "離" stage, why do you not see that this post was a definition?

And I'd be very careful about telling anyone here, let alone me-of all people- what they "probably don't know."

Most people don't know. its a low percentile thing. Congrats that you do.

OP
TSDTexan

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
She's as cranky as I am, but rest assured, Tez is a woman....you're not the first to make an incorrect assumption on that note, though......

I, on the other hand, am a lesbian trapped (or fortunate enough) to be in a man's body......
We care about your sexual preference. Please do go on. I find it fascinating.

You are in a man's body, you say? Stop. Seriously. There is no such thing. This rumor of men's bodies has continued far too long. and I see you have been suckered.

As for Tez3 being a dude or a chic, it really means nothing. There are no reproductive organs in a text based message board. For that I am thankful. This place is Minds, and Words, and sometimes pictures. There are no human bodies within this place.
She/He could be a blue eyed blond, or a 3 foot green skinned martian of a third or fourth gender, appearing to only look human. For the purpose of meeting and talking here... it doesn't matter.

She seems to think it matters a great deal. For me... not so much. But since people keep bringing it back up....

Last edited:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. It means I dealt with you. It never has meant anything like "right or wrong".

I can stand being disagreed with by men or women. I am disagreed with by both on a fairly regular basis, throughout my whole life. I also have no problem disagreeing with others.

I find your fascination with my ego, and attempts to frame this up as being all about me.... well quite flattering. But you should know... I am already married.

And no, I didn't call you transgender. I simply cannot know for certain. I thought you were a dude. I still think you are a dude. I am taking it on a measure of faith that you are not a dude. Frankly, I am not a misogynist. For one, most of my best friends through my life are women. I think rather highly of women. I have married women rather then remain a bachelor or become a player.

I suppose you don't realise that I'm very amused by all this and couldn't give a monkey's cuss about your ego etc. Of course you don't like being disagreed with, why else call someone a jerk because he did just that. As for the line about 'some of my best friends are women' well, that's the standard reply isn't lol. Urban Dictionary: some of my best friends are

Good luck with patronising Elder, I have popcorn popping as I write. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

OP
TSDTexan

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I suppose you don't realise that I'm very amused by all this and couldn't give a monkey's cuss about your ego etc. Of course you don't like being disagreed with, why else call someone a jerk because he did just that. As for the line about 'some of my best friends are women' well, that's the standard reply isn't lol. Urban Dictionary: some of my best friends are

Good luck with patronising Elder, I have popcorn popping as I write. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I find your denials, to be flattering as well. Please stop. You are making me blush.
As for the feminist sub-game you are now covertly engaging in. Please spare me. I could careless about your need to be considered as good as a man. Whether or not you are as good as a man, or a man is as good as you, or your gender... is a fight that I have no dog in.
Frankly, there are a number of things that women are superior to men at. Giving birth and raising children for starters.

Last edited:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find your denials, to be flattering as well. Please stop. You are making me blush.
As for the feminist sub-game you are now covertly engaging in. Please spare me. I could careless about your need to be considered as good as a man. Whether or not you are as good as a man, or a man is as good as you... is a fight that I have no dog in.
Frankly, there are a number of things that women are superior to men at. Giving birth and raising children for starters.

Oooh is this 'mischaracterisation', if it is, it's a really bad effort, it's also attacking, off topic and a few other things against the rules here but of course you know that.
I wouldn't give up the day job for being a profiler by the way, you are seriously not cut out for the job. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.