Q an A

ikenpo

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Michael Billings

OK, I have no sense of humor ... :rofl:
-Michael

I would say that, you laughed when I said you broke my camera when we took a picture together at the EPjr seminar....

jb:asian:

K

Kirk

Originally posted by Michael Billings

Dennis,

You have devoted an incredible amount of time and energy to this string. I am really appreciating it.

Talked to Curtis Abernathy and Jeff Schroeder last weekend at Edmund's seminar, and they seemed positive about helping host a seminar with you. If you are still up for this, we may be able to swing it. I talked it up with some of the Houston Guys and they were also interested.

I promise to have questions ... and a gag for CD when you make it down. I know Mr. Duffy's camp is soon and mine is in late September in California. Were you planning anything down this way in the interim?

I will give you a call in the next week or so.

-Michael

That'd be super cool! Can't wait for a Mr C seminar!

ikenpo

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by jbkenpo

I would say that, you laughed when I said you broke my camera when we took a picture together at the EPjr seminar....

Duh,

I meant to say, "I say WOULDN'T that...."

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Any seminars coming to my neck of the woods? I'd love to go to one, I've never been to one, but they're all so far away from me.

:asian:

OP
Goldendragon7

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Heck it's still on fire there........LOL..... man I don't want be a bar b que! hee hee....... sure I'll come to Denver....... when........?

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well your state was burning alot more than this one did. Man, 300,000 acres burned up, that's a pretty big chunk of land.

sure I'll come to Denver....... when........?

Tomorrow, I'll pick you up at the airport and I'll be the only one in attendence :D

K

Kirk

Do you charge a standard fare for seminars, or is it always
negotiable? Do you include private lessons for the instructor?
I hear that you're fond of sparring .. what do you do if you go into
a school that doesn't spar? There'd be no equipment.

Robbo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Is the rebounding principle as simple as it seems or is there more to it that just bouncing off your or your opponent's body to augment your techniques?

Thanks,
Rob

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sir,

Be careful what you wish for. I guess this makes me "Mr. One Million and Six Questions...." :)

1. I know you already said that you never saw Mr. Parker in an actual fight, but you were with him for Many demos all across the world right? So, what was the COOLEST thing you ever saw him do?

2. And/or when/where/what was the coolest demo?

3. And are any of these on video? I noticed that Mrs. Parker's book has some photos of Mr. Parker doing demos. Did any of them get on film/tape?

What is the best video out there for us to get and see Mr. Parker actually doing techniques... himself.

4. The IKC sells an Infomercial. I have seen a TV spot of Mr. Parker "What type of person studies Kenpo..." That was a cool commercial! Do you know if it is on the infomercial tape? Have you seen the Infomercial tape or the TV spot?

5. Just in case, what is the coolest thing we are likely to be able to get video of Mr. Parker doing. I mean in case the actual coolest thing isn't available. Personally I liked the TV spot. I've seen it in BW with no sound. In BW with sound. And once in color with sound. I may call the IKKA to ask if it is on that one tape they sell.
:ubercool:

AvPKenpo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Seig

This may sound like a silly question, but why are there only short froms up through 3? I mean why not a short 4, etc?

Actually we still teach short 4, I don't belive there are any other short forms after that though.

Michael

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have been given a "formula" to create Short 4-whatever, but I don't know how the Short forms were taught beyond Short 3 or why they were (not) taught separately.

Mr. C, will you elaborate on this phenomenon please?

OP
Goldendragon7

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kirk
Do you charge a standard fare for seminars, or is it always
negotiable? Do you include private lessons for the instructor?
I hear that you're fond of sparring .. what do you do if you go into
a school that doesn't spar? There'd be no equipment.

I have a base and negotiate from there with the Host as to all the details.

I "DO" like sparring but there is no problem if the studio want some other topics.

K

Kirk

Originally posted by Goldendragon7

I have a base and negotiate from there with the Host as to all the details.

I "DO" like sparring but there is no problem if the studio want some other topics.

What if they give you carte blanc? What I'm getting at here is ...
if I go to Mr Duffy's camp without gear, am I doomed to be a
spectator? And if yes ..what do I need to bring to prevent that?

OP
Goldendragon7

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by Robbo
Is the rebounding principle as simple as it seems or is there more to it that just bouncing off your or your opponent's body to augment your techniques?

The principle is simple.... to bounce, carom, or ricochet off of one block, strike, or surface and be utilized for another strike, check, block etc.

Simple but sophisticated when you apply the universal Pattern options to reality situations. Timing, angles, methods of execution, paths of execution, hand as well as foot actions all could have explanations here.

OP
Goldendragon7

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
[
QUOTE]Originally posted by cdhall
1. I know you already said that you never saw Mr. Parker in an actual fight, but you were with him for Many demos all across the world right? So, what was the COOLEST thing you ever saw him do?
[/QUOTE]

Move

2. And/or when/where/what was the coolest demo?

Probably in Australia with Frank Trejo. Lee Wedlake and myself.

3. And are any of these on video? I noticed that Mrs. Parker's book has some photos of Mr. Parker doing demos. Did any of them get on film/tape?

What is the best video out there for us to get and see Mr. Parker actually doing techniques... himself.

I think there are a few floating around... you will probably see more in the future become available.

4. The IKC sells an Infomercial. I have seen a TV spot of Mr. Parker "What type of person studies Kenpo..." That was a cool commercial! Do you know if it is on the infomercial tape? Have you seen the Infomercial tape or the TV spot?

Yes, I have that tape, it is a cool commercial.... I don't know what else is on that particular tape .... they have been redone and added to so much that there could be several today with many different things on them.

5. Just in case, what is the coolest thing we are likely to be able to get video of Mr. Parker doing. I mean in case the actual coolest thing isn't available. Personally I liked the TV spot. I've seen it in BW with no sound. In BW with sound. And once in color with sound. I may call the IKKA to ask if it is on that one tape they sell.

There will be seminars that he has done in various parts of the world or states that will probably redone and available to purchase..... don't ask me when.

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
If short 4 didn't exsist in Mr. Parkers curriculum why put it there now? Was he toying with the idea of a short 4?