This is a breed people want to ban.
Yes but the photos the press are using over here are theseā€¦
F27C5984-3C77-4D76-BC3B-30CD8B881F3C.jpeg

36E584B9-2071-4CDA-B762-8F7505EAA613.jpeg

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonā€™t bore you with details but I deplore breedist regulation. Itā€™s pure nonsense. Canis lupus familiaris is one specie. Any of them can bite, the human that owns the dog is the responsible party for any misbehaviors. For those that spread the myth that aggression is the pit bull breed characteristic, I will rebut to say that a strong desire to please is the actual characteristic that has been exploited in this breed by bad people with bad motives.
I do remember that certain types of surgical lesion to ratā€™s brains (septal lesions if I remember correctly) made them extremely aggressive, so much so they became virtually impossible to handle without thick leather gauntlets and tongs! Itā€™s possible that selective breeding of dogs could reproduce septal lesion-like affects and produce aggressive animals. Pure speculation though.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
Youā€™re probably right about this, but like say, banning knives, fewer of them on the street must have some positive effect.

Another man was killed by two dogs last night in central England
We can have amiable disagreement on this. Iā€™m ok with that. At the risk of this going political, I donā€™t believe prohibition of one type of knife prevents stabbing any more than I believe banning one type of dog prevents bites. Again, itā€™s the human, not the breed.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
View attachment 30044

View attachment 30045
I have one, cropped ears make for a look, nothing more. Those cropped ears donā€™t equal vicious dog anymore than my tattoos make me a yakuza. Iā€™m sure if I struck a pose with my shirt off, you might think I was a dangerous criminal if the media portrayed me that way.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
I do remember that certain types of surgical lesion to ratā€™s brains (septal lesions if I remember correctly) made them extremely aggressive, so much so they became virtually impossible to handle without thick leather gauntlets and tongs! Itā€™s possible that selective breeding of dogs could reproduce septal lesion-like affects and produce aggressive animals. Pure speculation though.
Sure, ok maybe my multiple TBA injuries could have made me a dangerous psychopath, or a moron. (Hmmm). Maybe it was my breeding.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
View attachment 30044

View attachment 30045
This is Ajax, he is gentle and sweet, even when he was attacked by three stray dogs. Canā€™t judge him by his breed or his ears. He is 11 years old now and is not a ticking time bomb or a baby eater, because I am a responsible pack leader and I donā€™t allow for that.

Attachments

• IMG_0015.jpeg
    IMG_0015.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We can have amiable disagreement on this. Iā€™m ok with that. At the risk of this going political, I donā€™t believe prohibition of one type of knife prevents stabbing any more than I believe banning one type of dog prevents bites. Again, itā€™s the human, not the breed.
ā€˜Zombie Knivesā€™ have been banned over here since theyā€™re the weapon of choice for chimpira, but I take you point.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is Ajax, he is gentle and sweet, even when he was attacked by three stray dogs. Canā€™t judge him by his breed or his ears. He is 11 years old now and is not a ticking time bomb or a baby eater, because I am a responsible pack leader and I donā€™t allow for that.
So sweet!

Perhaps, in the U.K, ownership of a dog should be accompanied by compulsory puppy/dog training classes, licensing (again) and greater monitoring dog owners who are reported to the authorities. My friends who have taken their dogs to training classes say they are enormous fun.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
So sweet!

Perhaps, in the U.K, ownership of a dog should be accompanied by compulsory puppy/dog training classes, licensing (again) and greater monitoring dog owners who are reported to the authorities. My friends who have taken their dogs to training classes say they are enormous fun.
All true. Education is key.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
This little bastard is Luca Brasi, he is 21 lbs. of vicious guard dog. He will bite, and he means it. Luckily, no two teeth meet up when he does. My wife has coddled this guy and refused to let me discipline him or control his behavior. A perfect example of what can happen from poor dog leadership.

Attachments

• IMG_0019.jpeg
    IMG_0019.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what weā€™re getting on the BBC News
F0864B77-78AB-40EA-9F5D-2E81FCADEF99.jpeg
771DBB90-EE14-49A0-9A71-0D968A67258A.jpeg

Currently banned dogsā€¦.
C18D1429-2396-48E8-8370-11D11433B0C8.jpeg

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to say, if I see a muscular, strong-looking dog being walked on the road, even if on a lead (leash), I cross the road or take a detour.

I have a potentially vampiric cat-
439063C3-4561-477E-B53D-8AEE394013C5.jpeg
F41DA594-9726-4371-A77C-1C4D30A577ED.jpeg

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have to say, if I see a muscular, strong-looking dog being walked on the road, even if on a lead (leash), I cross the road or take a detour.

I have a potentially vampiric cat-
View attachment 30052View attachment 30053
Now that is a dangerous animal! Have they begun legislation against Sabre tooth house leopards? He looks scary. Imagine if my pit bull had fangs like that.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
This is what weā€™re getting on the BBC News
View attachment 30049View attachment 30050
Currently banned dogsā€¦.
View attachment 30051
Ok three of the four dogs on that media pic are mastiff type breeds, not bullies at all. A grand total of 23 deaths by dog in 3 years? Well I would say that there must be better ways to spend a legislative dollar or pound or euro. What about Rottweilers, Doberman, Malinois? All are more capable and effective guard dog breeds than those listed on the ban. All the ones I listed are European in origin. It must be the exotic breeds causing all the mayhem eh? So by the same rubric, a Fairbairn Sykes dagger must be perfectly legal because it is domestic, rather than a cheap, imported, and certainly more dangerous ā€œzombieā€ knife. I say, bollocks to that sort of logic.

Latest Discussions